Bad Haircut!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
ugh so I just got a really bad haircut last week. I miss my long hair and it seems like my hair needs forever to grow. Has anybody had a bad haircut before? How did y'all deal with it? Right now, I guess I just have to suck it up and make it work. =]

Happy late thxgiving!!

I did once, and I ended up having to have more chopped off to fix it... Good thing was, it was okay for me. I'd just had my oldest daughter, and didn't have the time I needed to "dote" on my hair.

I had a bad haircut a while back too.....I wanted about 2 inches taken off......5 inches later....AGH!!! I compensated by getting a few fake ponytails ( some you can wear as half weave ) and also got by with braids. Otherwise maybe try some highlights or lowlights, sometimes it can help to add dimension and depth. But all I know for length is weave and braids. Keep hope, just remember, it will grow back! HTH!

I'm so sorry that you are unhappy with your hair. I had a really bad perm many years ago that made me have to cut about 7 inches off. I was crushed and swore off perms that day.

sorry to hear about your haircut.

being through a lot things in my life, i don't even care to worry about a bad haircut.

I've had plenty of bad hair cuts, I just don't like my hair most of the time. but when it's really bad all you can do is wait until it grows out which is does faster than you think

I had a terrible hair cut once, my hair is very important to me, I think its one of my best physical features so I understand the frustration a bad hair cut can cause! I had a woman cut my hair in layers, well I didn't realize till I got home that one side of my layers were longer then the other so my hair was kinda short on one side, and longer on the other. I had to get it evened up and cut it kinda short, I love long hair so I was sooo mad! I just had to wait for it to grow out, that's about all you can do. It sucks but it'll grow back eventually!

i had one a few years ago my hair was blonde and down to my waist. i asked her to dye it brown cut it to my armpit and put long layers through it and i was really adamant it couldnt be shorter than my armpit cos my face is so round and fat i look awful with short hair.

well she dyed it jet black, cut it so it sat just above my shoulders and layered the hell out of it. i can only described it as a really really badly cut mullet! i actually cried. all you can do is mess about with your parting, try straightening it, curling it try everything and see what looks best. it will grow out in a few weeks. and you should call the hairdresser and tell them you're not happy with it cos if they have just done what you asked but it doesnt suit you like you thought it would maybe they can fix it or if its a bad haircut cos they did a crappy job they should at least give you your money back x

I'm sorry. A bad haircut can seem trivial but at the moment it's really bad. Use slides to hold it back and put it up into chignons etc which look chic at the same time.

Once, I went to get my (then) waist lenght hair cut...I asked her to trim my bangs, cut a vertical into the front, and put long layers in from the shoulders down. Well, she cut it off above my shoulders, cut stair steps into the front sections and then feathered my bangs. It looked like a puffy mullet with 80s bangs. I was so mad. I wore a ponytail and a lot of bobbypins for the rest of the summer. Be sure to take good vitamins and massage your scalp for ten minutes several times throughout the day. It'll really help your hair grow out faster.

I can honestly say that I've never had a good haircut! I have long hair and usually just have it lightly layered. It looks ok at the salon but when I get home its either crooked or not layered properly (too blunt). I've given up on layering, I just get it trimmed straight across now.

Wow.. That sucks!

I wouldn't say it was BAD, but the lady did cut off 3 inches more then i had asked for. It was kind of a big deal to me because it seemed so "short" when it actually wasn't.

Just give it time though!.

definately agree - lots of bobby pins, pony tails, maybe some head bands and stuff so you don't notice it as much. Good luck, hopefully it wont take long to grow out

I'm sorry to hear that. This just happened to me actually. But it was my fault. I thought I could layer my own hair (I know I'm crazy) So I cut too much off the front, so I had to get a professional cut and he had to cut 5" to get it to look even. So I'm waiting for my hair to grow....

Thank you guys so much for the empathy. My hair is slowly growing, not as fast as I want it to, but im getting there. =]

I can understand every woman who overreacts to her hair. To me it felt like somebody took a part of my feminity.

I felt kinda hopeless until I read all these responses. Again, its ok to worry about your hair.

Thanks again!!

My last haircut was so bad I haven't been to hairdresser in 3 years....

My hair is naturally curly....I went from waist length manageable (the weight of the hair helped tame the curls at the root) to an 80's flashback nightmare.

Currently my hair has grown back....and while I'm tired of trimming it myself...I just can't bring myself to risk another nightmare.

Originally Posted by indigomoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif My last haircut was so bad I haven't been to hairdresser in 3 years....
My hair is naturally curly....I went from waist length manageable (the weight of the hair helped tame the curls at the root) to an 80's flashback nightmare.

Currently my hair has grown back....and while I'm tired of trimming it myself...I just can't bring myself to risk another nightmare.

I have curly hair too and find it really hard to end up with a nice cut. How are you trimming it yourself?

I recently just got my hair cut too short too!

I only wanted a trim at most 3 inches.....but I ended up with hair above my shoulders! YIKES! For a girl who has had long hair her entire life...its a little bit scary!! LoL

My biggest problem now, is finding ways to style it and make it look cute....?!

I used to have long hair and i decided one day to get black streaks in it...eventually i got tired of it and on my 17th birthday i got my hair cut and the black streaks stripped out well she cut my hair above my shoulders and stripped out the black and dyed it BLONDE like white blonde without asking me...i have red hair and i looked like i dyed my hair red with all the blonde in i hated it and she told me it was temp......a year later i finally had to cut the rest out!

Latest posts

Back