Bad MAC Luck?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've found MAC MUAs to be either really nice or really snobby, for lack of a better word. Either they treat me like I'm not there or that I don't know anything about what looks good on me, or they are so nice that it comes off too much (once when a MUA was applying lip gloss, she flirted the whole time and got a little too close for comfort, and she giggled like a little school girl.) Still, I'd rather go back to the nice girl than the mean ones. If they're mean to  me or ignore me, I never go back. I'll go elsewhere.

I end up purchasing most of my MAC products online anyway since I don't have a counter anywhere near. I just wait for a free shipping code (they come like once a week) and I'm good to go.

I received more helpful advice in the stores compared to just the counters in other stores. There is one store with a MAC counter i wnet to, and each time with the will of purchasing one or two items, but it's always the other ladies coming after me that were served first, with no look or glance in my direction. Apparently i mustn't be the only unlucky woman because this counter is closing at the end of the month.

The MAC makeup artists at Sephora Champs Elysees are really nice and helpful but only if you go there first thing in the morning, the rest of the day they're so busy you can't expect as much from them.

The best  service i got is the pro store in Paris, very helpful, very knowledgeable, i will do all my future hauls there (plus i really love their pro products).

I'm so glad someone made a thread about this.

Everytime i go to a Mac counter , they always have bad customer service, they act like you annoy them at times, they're job is to help you. They do take forever to help you out. It must be all Mac Counters because i live in southern california. I love their makeup but i try not to go to a mac counter i buy my stuff online, and i get a discount :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by KeLLsTar /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I gave up & went to Inglot. Their Customer Service is as outstanding as their products & part of the whole experience. They don't ignore me, but they don't push me & are really helpful to show me products even when I make it clear I'm not buying it that day. It makes me want to go back & spend my money there.

I'm so jealous! I wish there was an Inglot somewhere near me. I hear they have fantastic makeup and nail polishes, and the prices are very reasonable especially for the high quality products they make.

It's still irritating and sad that you have to shop online because the service is so bad. I mean, it's okay to shop online when you already know what you want, for example reordering your foundation or a favorite lipstick, but what if what you want is from a new or limited edition collection? It would be so much better if you could see it and swatch it in person and get advice from an attentive and knowledgeable SA. It is their job after all, and it's too bad so many of them are snobby witches who only want to help out those who look like they are rich. I might go in looking frumpy but that doesn't mean I don't have a couple of hundred dollars to drop!

I've ordered from Mac online several times and each time it took almost 2 weeks before the products finally arrived.  It's very dissappointing when you really want something knowing you've could have picked it up in person instead.  But honestly, I feel like I have to get all dolled up just to go makeup shopping and it bother's me. I feel if i'm not 100% looking cute, then they'll ignore me.  Most times i'm dressed casually in Bebe sports or exercise closes because I like to hit the gym before I head home. 

Yeah i shop online when i know what i want, and i do it when i know im running out of make-up. Yeah it sucks when you feel like you have to go in there looking nice, because they will judge you. It shouldn't be that way. As long as they're making their sales why should it matter what we look like?

Back