Bad MAC Luck?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Mod notice: Just a heads up that this is an old thread that was brought back to life.  Some of the information in this thread may still be helpful, but keep in mind that many of the posts and poster opinions may be outdated!

ok so i decided to give MAC another go while i was on my trip to cincinatti... my thoughts were, maybe it was just the stores in this area because they were relatively new or whatever other rationalization i could come up with.... so i go to this MAC store at the mall and got 0 customer service.... oh, wait, there was the one person who, after i stood there looking cluelessly at the shelves for like 10 minutes, asked "what are u looking for?" and when, in relief, i started to tell them how i was looking for a shadestick, they pointed me to the shadestick testers and goes off on their merry way... dammit, i didn't want to buy a tester!!!... so, in frustration, i left.... does it REALLY have to be this hard??
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by QurlySq ok so i decided to give MAC another go while i was on my trip to cincinatti... my thoughts were, maybe it was just the stores in this area because they were relatively new or whatever other rationalization i could come up with.... so i go to this MAC store at the mall and got 0 customer service.... oh, wait, there was the one person who, after i stood there looking cluelessly at the shelves for like 10 minutes, asked "what are u looking for?" and when, in relief, i started to tell them how i was looking for a shadestick, they pointed me to the shadestick testers and goes off on their merry way... dammit, i didn't want to buy a tester!!!... so, in frustration, i left.... does it REALLY have to be this hard??
icon_sad.gif
That sucks...it seems that so many SA either ignore you, or pounce on you and insist you try every sample they have out...I think Clinique's SA can be the worst (apologies to any of you nice Clinique SA's; where are you when I go shopping?)

Originally Posted by QurlySq i left.... does it REALLY have to be this hard??
icon_sad.gif
I have exactly the same problem with the staff on the MAC counters near me. I'm sure there are loads of fabulous MAC SAs all over the place, they just don't seem to have made it to Birmingham. They rarely know anything about their products, and they always look at me like I'm not cool enough to buy their stuff anyway. That's why I don't buy MAC, I don't want to supplement the wages of stuck up cows when I can go and buy something from Trisha instead.

When I go to a Mac counter I have the same problem!I think once I waited over 20 minutes to ask a girl to give a brush to test a bronzing powder!I was so ungry and I left the store without taking anything!This happens a lot here in Athens and since I don't use much Mac's products I don't usually go,except today,I went to buy a blush and the Mac girl helped to try them on.From now on I'll go to a Mac counter to buy only blush or e/s! I prefer Stila counter ,I know the MUA at the Stila counter and she is very helpful,she helps me with the shades and sometimes when I go she does me a full make up totally free! That's why I love Stila more than Mac!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

TIME TO GIVE MAC UP!

Originally Posted by QurlySq ok so i decided to give MAC another go while i was on my trip to cincinatti... my thoughts were, maybe it was just the stores in this area because they were relatively new or whatever other rationalization i could come up with.... so i go to this MAC store at the mall and got 0 customer service.... oh, wait, there was the one person who, after i stood there looking cluelessly at the shelves for like 10 minutes, asked "what are u looking for?" and when, in relief, i started to tell them how i was looking for a shadestick, they pointed me to the shadestick testers and goes off on their merry way... dammit, i didn't want to buy a tester!!!... so, in frustration, i left.... does it REALLY have to be this hard??
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by anne7 it seems that so many SA either ignore you, or pounce on you and insist you try every sample they have out... Yes,I had both experiences when I was in Paris,the first time I asked about 2 e/s I said something like "I like these 2,but I'm not sure which one I should take" She ran off,got both shades,and told the girl at the cash register "These are for that girl over there (pointing at me)" I just bought one,seriously,that way I can sell a lot of stuff too...And the second time there was a girl that offered to help,which was very nice,but once she got started,she couldn't stop
icon_rolleyes.gif
"Maybe some brushes,or a lipgloss or maybe a lipstick" I also just bought one e/s there
smile.gif

N/o to any SA's of course,but some people really have to learn how to work with different types of customers.

Sorry you had a bad experience..
icon_sad.gif
Mac store in Denver is like that to so I go to the Nordstrom counter. The girls seem to be nicer...

Sorry to hear that Nikki. It seems everybody is complaing about MAC's customer servive these days. I've given up going to my local MAC counter & buy all the products i want online now because i hate the girls there so much. They're all ignorant witches & never help when i ask for advice, opinions etc.. I've emailed MAC about them & they said they were gonna send someone to check it out but i never heard back.

You should visit Joy at her counter. I'm sure she'd give you special treatment!

Charmaine,

You mentioned you lived in MA. Which malls do you frequent? I live in CT and head up to MA. every once in awhile. I like the Burlington Mall and the Natick Mall, I haven't bought any makeup at the counters though. I like to buy my shoes up there though. I just hit a Cosmetic outlet here in Connecticut (Clinton Outlets) and bought my first MAC e/s, I'm so excited!!!

Suziqq (jen)

Originally Posted by Charmaine Thats too bad, Nikki, I wish some of the nice ma's in my counter would come over there. But I don't agree that it's a reason to give up MAC, you could just start ordering online like Laura mentioned. Good luck and I hope you find a counter with nice ma's in it!

That is too bad! I don't know why they're that way. But I can't stand people like that.
icon_eek.gif
There is absolutely no excuse too act that way. People should be ashamed of themselves, what makes them think they can act that way. I order there products on line now too
icon_mad.gif

I'm extending an invite for all of you to my MAC store at the Saint Louis Galleria. Everyone working there is very nice (even when I was a clueless newbie) and helpful. When it's crazy busy, I have to wait, but they always get to you and when it's your turn you have their full attention. I love my MAs!

i've been to 3 counters and 1 freestanding store. here are my experiences...

the one closest to me (in yonkers) has this one MA that is so weird. one day, she's rude, the next she's fine. her foundation is also orange. yes, ORANGE. i mean REALLY orange. the other MAs that have helped me there are very nice.

the one in manhattan i go to at bloomingdales has helpful MAs. no bad experience with them.

the other one in manhattan i go to in saks was so-so. there was one lady that helped me and got me b-cup when i asked for it and when she opened it, i was like wow, definitely not liking that, not my color, but thank you for your help! and she got SO pissed! she rolled her eyes and walked away. witch.

the freestanding store (i think lauryn and redrocks went to the same one) has helpful, nice MAs, too.

in conclusion, i think it's really hit or miss UNFORTUNATELY. it shouldn't have to be like that.

i don't understand why some SAs are such b*tches!
icon_evil.gif

the manuals press the issue about not being stuck up. they need some secret agents to see how the CS is. i'll do it
wink.gif
hehe

Hi,

You know that has happened to me too, at my mac at my mall, it seems like everytime I go, I get that dirty look and that what do YOU want kind of attitude. Thats half the reason I wont shop there is because of the people who work there. I know its not a good reason to give something up, but its hard to shop for something you like if the people who work there are being mean and snotty. It makes me uncomfortable. The same thing happended to be at Bare Escentuals in San Francisco, those girls were so rude!

Sorry about that Nikki. It sucks when stoopid people do that. I go 4 different locations (yup, there is that many near me and many more) and I get different treatment at each one of them. At the Nordies that I frequent the most, there are only two MA's that are really nice. The rest of the girls act like they are high and mighty. Whatever! I just know that I won't give those nasty MA's my business.

I go to holyoke mall in MA and I dont have good experience, there is one guy that is very sweet, but the rest of the staff that I met was kind of cold, not very responsive, not rude but not too helpful either. sometimes they seem like they suffer if i ask them to tell me the price or something. I guess I am spoiled by overly sweet and nice clinique and estee lauder ladies
wink.gif

we only have 2 MAC counters here in austria, both in vienna where I live. I`ve bought stuff from lets say about 6 different MAs and they were all totally nice. I guess part of the reason is that MAC is just getting popular here...there are some other department stores (Douglas, kinda like a small sephora) where a lot of the SA look down on you if you aren´t totally dressed up and wear tons of makeup (like they do). but if you are and act like you got tons of money to spend (I see some costumers doing that) they totally change their attitude and treat you normal.

but I can´t stop loving the MAC MAs here. my favorite one always puts stuff on me for free when I buy something, without me asking her to do so (usually concealer, powder, blush and lipgloss) and when I walk by the counter she always sais hi and we just talk for a while.

and one guy MA put mu on himself one time to demonstrate eyelining techniqes to me....he gave me the best advice I ever got (he does Mu for runway shows) for like 30min (and this was NOT a makeover appointment) and he was getting so excited when he explained the smokey eye technique to me and tested like a million e/s colors on his hands, you could just tell he loves his job *lol*

Originally Posted by Arielle nand one guy MA put mu on himself one time to demonstrate eyelining techniqes to me....he gave me the best advice I ever got (he does Mu for runway shows) for like 30min (and this was NOT a makeover appointment) and he was getting so excited when he explained the smokey eye technique to me and tested like a million e/s colors on his hands, you could just tell he loves his job *lol*

You're sooooo lucky!!! That's very rare nowadays
smile.gif
MAC is almost in every freakin corner where I live, and I have to admit it's a hit and miss with the artists
frown.gif
Lately though, they have been really great, so I don't know if they had some kind of sales meeting or something.

Nikki, don't let poor customer service stop u from getting the product though. If you really like it, I guess the best way would just be to order online.

well i bought a mac item after like 3 years and have to say the MA was not so helpful, she kinda looked at me and must've thought i wasnt good enough for the products! it did make me wonder how she got the job! saying that im sure ther are nice ones out there but the 3 year gap was due to the MA's attitudes in another store that i regulalry used to visit, surprisingly they were all so stuck up in that store! it just put me off buying!

Latest posts

Back