Bada Bing Club Selling 'Sopranos' Items

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Now that "The Sopranos" is over, the owners of the real-life club that played the part of the Bada Bing will auction off the 12-foot stripper poles and other relics from the HBO drama on eBay.

Other items going on sale later this week include a pool table, a disco ball and the fluorescent purple men's room sign often seen in the background as mob boss Tony Soprano conducted business.

Susie Quigley, who runs special events at Satin Dolls (which passed for the Bada Bing), wouldn't speculate on how much the poles might fetch. "The poles have been featured in almost every single episode. I can't begin to say," said Quigley, a former dancer who appeared as an extra last season.

Also up for sale: at least 10 standard-issue bar stools that James Gandolfini, who played Tony Soprano, and his crew sat on. An L-shaped slab of the bar where they watched dancers and drank also will be auctioned.

Quigley said once the final episode aired in June, club owners decided to renovate. The club will remain open for business during its renovation, expected to last up to four months.

The club already sells "Sopranos" souvenirs, including T-shirts, hats and coffee mugs, and it's a popular stop on bus tours of "Sopranos" sites in New Jersey

Satin Dolls isn't the only New Jersey business trying to cash in on "The Sopranos."

The developer of the building that fronted for Satriale's pork store plans to sell bricks from the facade as he demolishes it.

Manny Costeira is constructing nine condo units in place of Satriale's, calling the project "The Soprano." Prices will range from $325,000 to $385,000.

He said he doesn't know how much he can get for the 8-by-8-inch souvenirs. He suggested $100 apiece, though acknowledged: "I'm a big fan of the show, but I don't know if I'd run to buy a stone off the pork store."

SOURCE

Latest posts

Back