Baking soda

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I check for help with red marks and google displays me a lot of sites that say use baking soda and wash it off after 30 seconds and use acv for 10 minutes and wash it off. Then at night use the lemon juice and egg white mask.

My question is... is baking soda good for red marks? I heard baking soda can actually make your face get worst. Yet, sites show recipes that say use baking soda.

Anyone who uses baking soda can give some advice on what it did to your face?

I have never used it on my face, but I have used it to brush my teeth, and for upset stomach.

I use it to exfoliate my face almost everyday with my facial cleanser. Just don't scrub too hard and it should be fine. I haven't noticed any irritation from it at all.

I usually mix BS with Honey as a mask and leave it on for as long as 1/2 hour and have never experienced any irritation or redness
smile.gif
Good luck.

I've used it before - made my face feel a bit soapy, but was a good gentle scrub. I think everyone has different skin pH so I say just try it and see if it works for you.

My dad smoked for 20 years and everyday he brushes his teeth w/ baking soda. His teeth are SUPER white. He's never bleached them either. I don't understand how baking soda does it, but trust me it works. I on the other hand am too lazy to do it everyday. I brush my teeth 3 times a day and it's good enough for me.

I've used baking soda as a gentle exfoliant/face wash and it's worked really well (better than when I was using St. Ives, and much gentler). I found the results were even better when I followed up with Witch Hazel as a toner.

baking soda is really good

i use it as a light face wash when im washing my MU off b4 i sleep

I'm going to try some baking soda in my face wash tonight and see what happens
smile.gif

I use baking soda three times a week to exfoliate my skin, and I use acv daily as a toner. My heavily oily pimple prone skin is the best it's been in decades. I also use baking soda and peroxide to bleach my teeth a few times a week. Wonderful!

I love baking soda for teeth, however as a scrub, I find sugar works a lot better.

Originally Posted by SewAmazing /img/forum/go_quote.gif I use baking soda three times a week to exfoliate my skin, and I use acv daily as a toner. My heavily oily pimple prone skin is the best it's been in decades. I also use baking soda and peroxide to bleach my teeth a few times a week. Wonderful! I can tell u have very white teeth even from the distance in the pic...Ill be jumping on that! Do u use straight acv as a toner or do u dilute it? Can u compare ACV with witch hazel as a toner?

Originally Posted by La_Mari /img/forum/go_quote.gif My dad smoked for 20 years and everyday he brushes his teeth w/ baking soda. His teeth are SUPER white. He's never bleached them either. I don't understand how baking soda does it, but trust me it works. I on the other hand am too lazy to do it everyday. I brush my teeth 3 times a day and it's good enough for me. Do you mean your dad puts baking soda on toothpaste to brush his teeth, or does he put baking soda on a toothbrush by itself and brushes his teeth like that?

Latest posts

Back