Banana Spice Muffins

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Here is one of my favorite recipes.

2/3 cup whole wheat flour

1/2 cup all purpose flour

2 tsp baking powder

pinch of salt

1 tsp pumpkin pie spice

1/4 cup light brown sugar

1/4 cup margarine

1 egg beaten

2/3 cup low fat milk

grated rind of 1 orange

1 ripe banana

1/4 cup rolled oats

1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a muffin pan with 12 large paper cases. Sift together both flours, the baking powder, salt and mixed spice into a bowl, then pour the bran remaining in the sifter into the bowl.

2. Melt the margarine and pour it into a mixing bowl. Cool slightly, then beat in the egg, milk and grated orange rind.

3. Gently fold in the dry ingredients. Mash the banana with a fork, then stir it gently into the mixture, being careful not to overmix.

4. Spoon the mixture into the paper cases. Sprinkle the oats over each muffin.

5. Bake for 20 minutes until the muffins are well risen an golden. Transfer to a wire rack and serve warm or cold.

Sounds yummy! The closest thing we get to baking is making brownies from a mix, lol, but this might be a recipe to save and try later! (Like after I graduate and I have time to bake!) I love any sort of spice cake!

This recipe sounds great, and I actually have all the ingredients in my house right now! I'm going to make them for my kids tomorrow....

B-A-N-A-N-A-S!

icon_wink.gif

Originally Posted by Nicolet B-A-N-A-N-A-S!
icon_wink.gif

HAHAHAHA
This recipe sounds yummy!

Latest posts

Back