Barbie Doll Collection

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I love My Scene Barbie dolls! I don't just put them on a shelf in an unopened box, oh no! What good is a mint-in-the-box doll?? I dress them up in their killer fashions! Well, they're actually my 10 year old daughter's dolls, but I love them. They are the most beautiful things! Really stunning! Their hair, makeup, accessories and clothes are gorgeous! Mattel even puts out a new fashion collection every season! Hey, it's healthy to revert back to being a kid sometimes! Seriously, I aim to collect as much of this line as possible. If my daughter keeps playing with them, fine. If/when she loses interest, I will still have them! Mock me if you will.
icon_redface.gif

I loved Barbie dolls as a little girl. Still think they would be fun to dress up!
icon_biggrin.gif

LOL Jessica.. Its an expensive hobby though, is it? Those barbies cost a fortune with all their accessories

I'm glad someone else besides me does this. I collect International Barbies. I stopped for a while. I don't even take them out of the box. I'm embarrassed too. I got a few on Ebay and when they arrived (shipped to my job of course) I just took them home and stashed them in my attic. My latest one is the Catwoman Barbie.
icon_redface.gif

Aww! I loved Barbie! I still have some of my dolls in the basement. Even the one or two unlucky ones who got a nice choppy haircut by my brother!
icon_frown.gif
I have to admit... that is some nice makeup on those Bratz dolls though! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Aw, you are my kind of girls! I should go into Barbie designing...I could make a good living at that, if Mattel would give me a chance! Oooo....seriously, that would be fun!
tongue.gif

I have collected Barbie dolls since I was 13. All in there original boxes. I even have a collectors porcelain Barbie bride doll. I got so many that I lost track of how many. I will pass them on to my daughter.

Had to laugh because that is what I call those awful little dolls too.

My daughter is into Polly (Frickin) Pockets! (I say that because of those darn little shoes and things all over the floor --make the vacuum cleaner make funny sounds)!

My daughter is into Polly too
icon_biggrin.gif
At least you get to find the shoes in the vacuum cleaner, my cat hides them!!!!
icon_eek.gif

Originally Posted by elljmz Had to laugh because that is what I call those awful little dolls too.
My daughter is into Polly (Frickin) Pockets! (I say that because of those darn little shoes and things all over the floor --make the vacuum cleaner make funny sounds)!

YES - you are SO right! Whenever I see those Bratz dolls in the stores I always say to myself, "damn, that's some sexy makeup, wish I could do my look like that!" But I ain't no doll ~
icon_sad.gif
oh well.

Originally Posted by NYAngel98 Aww! I loved Barbie! I still have some of my dolls in the basement. Even the one or two unlucky ones who got a nice choppy haircut by my brother!
icon_frown.gif
I have to admit... that is some nice makeup on those Bratz dolls though! LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Amethyst YES - you are SO right! Whenever I see those Bratz dolls in the stores I always say to myself, "damn, that's some sexy makeup, wish I could do my look like that!" But I ain't no doll ~
icon_sad.gif
oh well. how bad is that - that I take ideas from dolls? LOL
icon_cheesygrin.gif

i love barbie dolls and it's cute that you still collect them, i gave up cos it was too expensvie!!!

i used to love barbie dolls too. now i've taken a liking to her movies. my fave is Barbie as Rapunzel.

Haha, I can't even lie. I work at a kids place and I always play with barbie dolls hair. I brush it and put it in pony tails and braid it. I'm so lameo. Haha.

I love Barbie dolls too. I used to have a lot more when I was a kid. But I just held on to my favorite one when I moved. I love braiding/styling her hair and dressing her up!
smile.gif

Latest posts

Back