Bare Escentual on QVC

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am watching it right now! I just got my samples in the mail (bought it off ebay) and I am really enjoying playing with it all.

But I have to say- their skin looked ORANGE when they showed the Faux tan stuff.

Wonder what the difference is between regular mineral veil and the tinted one?

Become A Daydreaming Beauty!

Join Leslie Blodgett, the President & CEO of Bare Escentuals, on QVC Wednesday, June 8th as she presents Today's Special Value — the Daydreamer Collection. Available on QVC for only $49.98, the Daydreamer Collection is an out-of-this-world 9-piece color collection filled with new, beautiful products designed to take you beyond your wildest dreams. Price valid on QVC June 8th only.

QVC Show Times:

12:00am – 2:00am EST

9:00am – 12:00pm EST

8:00pm – 10:00pm EST

I think its for darker complexions or a tan.

Originally Posted by Marisol Wonder what the difference is between regular mineral veil and the tinted one?

sounds interesting. i think i'm gonna check out bare minerals again. but i need to find another shade for me.

ROFL! Isn't it?? I thought it was just my tv at first. I couldn't stop laughing while they were talking about how it wouldn't turn you orange.

Originally Posted by LuckyMe EEEEWWWW! That sunless tanner is sooooo orange.

Once you found the right shade liz,the foundation will look wonderful on you.Do you have a BE store near you?They opened one in the mall by my house and i even got a job there being their residential makeup artist,but my husband and i had a huge fight because he works all the time and if i worked we would never have time as a family,kind of sucked cause i was looking foward to the employe dicounts,
frown.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Once you found the right shade liz,the foundation will look wonderful on you.Do you have a BE store near you?They opened one in the mall by my house and i even got a job there being their residential makeup artist,but my husband and i had a huge fight because he works all the time and if i worked we would never have time as a family,kind of sucked cause i was looking foward to the employe dicounts,
frown.gif
awww. that sucks. can you do part time or something?
i had the medium kit, but i think it was too light. the nearest store is like an hour and a half away
icon_confused.gif

Originally Posted by Liz awww. that sucks. can you do part time or something?
i had the medium kit, but i think it was too light. the nearest store is like an hour and a half away
icon_confused.gif

I could of did part time but i would be missing out on flying to diferent cities and better pay.

Maybe you should try medium beige or,tan would be the next one down.

Originally Posted by nydoll23 i even got a job there being their residential makeup artist,but my husband Any tips on how to minimize my pores when wearing BE? that is my only complaint with BE, my pores look huge.

BE didn't work with my skin or should I say my skin got too picky!! so I don't use BE products. Only minerals I could use were Aromaleigh and Jane Iredale..

Sounds like I had a similar experience to Lilla, I used to be a loyal BE user, then my skin changed. It started to look flaky on me, empasized my fine lines, and by the end of the day, I felt like I wanted to wash it off and start over again. It also made my pores look huge all of a sudden. I've tried Jane Iredale's Amazing Base and I love it. It feels so comfortable, stays looking fresh, makes my pores look smaller, and I've had no negative reaction to it (breakout, etc.). I still like BE e/s, lipstick, blush, and bronzer. And, I've also recently discovered BE's skincare line, MD Formulations, which is fabulous for my combo skin.

I've heard many diff. responses to the usage of BE. First, it seems like your skin loves it, then about 6 months later, your skin freaks out. I had cystic acne with the use of BE after about 5-6 months. I've known about 5 other people with this same reaction. I also work with a few girls who have worked for BE in the past and they said not to use bare minerals, but the blush and color cosmetics are okay.

Originally Posted by luckylabonte Any tips on how to minimize my pores when wearing BE? that is my only complaint with BE, my pores look huge.
Try putting on the mineral veil before you put on the mineral foundation.you can put some on after too.

Originally Posted by Scarlette I've heard many diff. responses to the usage of BE. First, it seems like your skin loves it, then about 6 months later, your skin freaks out. I had cystic acne with the use of BE after about 5-6 months. I've known about 5 other people with this same reaction. I also work with a few girls who have worked for BE in the past and they said not to use bare minerals, but the blush and color cosmetics are okay.
Im not sure about it breaking you out,but I hope everyone washed their brushes frequently,that could be a break out problem.

Originally Posted by Nicolet Sounds like I had a similar experience to Lilla, I used to be a loyal BE user, then my skin changed. It started to look flaky on me, empasized my fine lines, and by the end of the day, I felt like I wanted to wash it off and start over again. It also made my pores look huge all of a sudden. I've tried Jane Iredale's Amazing Base and I love it. It feels so comfortable, stays looking fresh, makes my pores look smaller, and I've had no negative reaction to it (breakout, etc.). I still like BE e/s, lipstick, blush, and bronzer. And, I've also recently discovered BE's skincare line, MD Formulations, which is fabulous for my combo skin. Their md formulations are really great and thats actually what leslie started out with first.I really love their glosses and eye colors,glimmers etc.They have really pretty colors.My fave gloss is true ,i love it even more when i have a tan.

I used BE for a few years and nothing happened. My skin had no troubles with it. After I had my baby, my skin changed and became very sensitive. I clean my brushes all the time and my skin is the picky one
wink.gif
. I can only use certain brands of blushes also. That just makes my variety blush collection to only few
icon_sad.gif

Originally Posted by nydoll23 Im not sure about it breaking you out,but I hope everyone washed their brushes frequently,that could be a break out problem.

Latest posts

Back