Bare Essentuals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Is this line really as good as it is advertised. I recently saw yet another tv infomercial for it, and I'm thinking about getting some. But I wanted to know how many other people have tried it and the results they have gotten from it. Also is it all worth the expensive price tag?

I'm a huge fan of BE! It's totally worth the price and actually is cheaper than many brands because it lasts forever.

I use the foundation, all over face colors (I have warmth and clear radiance), mineral veil, and the shadows/glimmers.

The foundation/mineral veil combo is awesome because it goes on sheer and covers discolorations/blemishes, but it really doesn't look like you're wearing anything. Also I wear clear radiance every day because it gives me a nice dewy/glowy look. It gives me a very natural look with no oiliness.

I also love the shadows because there is a huge variety of colors and they go on beautifully - smooth and very pigmented. The color builds easily and a little goes a long way so the small pot lasts a really long time. Also, the glimmers have a great shimmer to them without looking too glittery or over the top.

Overall, this is my favorite brand ever, I've never been dissappointed with any products!

I agree 100% with BonBon!! I use the Foundation, warmth & mineral veil everyday... I originally got this as a kit at ulta and it was $40 - came with a foundation, warmth, mineral veil, instructional video, idea booklet and all-over application brush. I just got another foundation recently, & I want to get some more of their stuff soon because I love it! It's all that Bonbon said, excellent coverage, but really looks like you aren't wearing anything!! Two Thumbs Up! Definitely should try it!

heres a thread about BEs foundation, if it helps.

http://makeuptalk.com/forums/showthr...hlight=mineral

my best advice is not to order the kit that comes with two colors. it has two colors that are the same depth, but completely different tones. one will be very pink, and the other very yellow. even if youre neutral, you cant mix equal amounts of both and come up with your color, so one of the shades will be useless. (even thought the infomercial says you can, its my experience that this just doesnt work.) women come into my work all the time complaining about this, and i have to explain that this kit includes a shade that will work, and one shade that wont work at all. theyre confused, because the one shade is horrible on them, and they think theyve ordered the wrong kit.

BE also makes kits that are a smaller size foundation and mineral veil, the flawless face application brush, and a VHS that tells you how to apply it. these kits come in every available shade.

most women that ive color matched are either 2.3 (yellow undertones) or 3 (pink undertones.)

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse most women that ive color matched are either 2.3 (yellow undertones) or 3 (pink undertones.) SOunds abouot right! My "I've still got somewhat of a tan" color is Medium Tan 5.2 - but since I'm in Winter mode, I just picked up 'Medium Beige 2.3'
icon_cheesygrin.gif

The kit I got was the 2nd one you talked about - with the one foundation color - they didn't have the other, but this kit works nicely.
icon_cool.gif

I love BE!

I waited ages to try it since I thought it wouldn't be worth the hype, but it is!

I use the foundation, mineral veil, warmth, true, and bisque.

Dam you girls.. I tried BE before but gave up on it because i couldnt apply it properly.. Now i'm LEMMING it because ye are all raving about it! Thanks a lot
wink.gif

BE is the only brand that doesn't break me out...ever...& I've had skincare lines that included color from top of the line to dimestore alley...pennies to pounds & this works. Doesn't look made up as much as polished & pulled together, can go glam in sweep & smooth in no time.

Originally Posted by Laura Dam you girls.. I tried BE before but gave up on it because i couldnt apply it properly..
wink.gif
Swirl, tap & buff!! LOL (The BE motto) lol
tongue.gif

I have to disagree with everyone about BE. It was zit city for me and my three co-workers who tried it with me. I tried to give it a chance, but it just caked up too much on my oily skin. We all got large breakouts from it and just decided that it was too messy to deal with. I went back to my Benefit Get Even 01 and my "going out" powder which is Dior's pressed foundation powder.

For those of you who have tries i.d. bareMinerals Multi-Tasking Minerals in Bisque or Summer Bisque as a concealer, what do you think of it? What is the difference between this item and the foundation? For those of you who use it, do you use the Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush? I love B.E. face make up and am looking for a concealer.

Originally Posted by Mariposa For those of you who have tries i.d. bareMinerals Multi-Tasking Minerals in Bisque or Summer Bisque as a concealer, what do you think of it? What is the difference between this item and the foundation? For those of you who use it, do you use the Maximum Coverage Concealer Brush? I love B.E. face make up and am looking for a concealer. I haven't used the concealer, but I just pat on a little extra foundation powder over it - and seems to work. I really don't use concealer - so I'm nnot sure how much coverage you need - bt its worth a shot... I didn't use their brush either. I got one by Studio basics at Ulta for like $4 and seems to be the same kind of brush (its a square tipped concealer brush) seems to work well
smile.gif

I recently received Bisque in a swap. It's a light pink color. I think it used to be a shadow and then they marketed it as a concealer. Initially I wasn't that impressed...it does cover redness, but so does the foundation. But I got a bit sunburned recently and then same day got my eye brows waxed...left nice little white patches on my brow bones. And bisque totally covered this up and evened it out. I just used a shadow brush to apply and actually use my shadow brush to dot it on occasionaly blemishes as well. It's a decent product, but I could live without it.

~Bonnie

i didn't like the concealors. it doesn't match my skin tone.

if anyone wants to buy 30 samples of the eyshadows, check out my post in the sale thread.

I didn't like the concealers either. A dry/powder concealer definately does not work under the eye- it looks cakey and dry. Also, an extra pat or two of the foundation works just as well- just keep it out of the under eye area.

I've recently given up on BE - after months of use, it just wasn't right for me. I loved how it looked when I first applied it, but I never knew if it would stay like that all day.
frown.gif
Some days I looked great all day, and others I would look like crap after 2-3 hours. I've much better luck with Aromaleigh, so that's what I'll be sticking with.

Latest posts

Back