Bare minerals causing breakouts??

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So i have always had really clear skin, and i heard so many good things about bare minerals but since i started using it my face has been breaking out like crazy!! I love it and want to keep using it, but i'd rather have clear skin, i have dry skin, and i heard more of sensitive skin having this reaction, has this happened to anyone else??
kopfkratz.gif

It sounds to me like you might be sensitive to the bismuth oxychloride in the product. There are lots and lots of foundations from different companies that do not have bismuth in them but they still provide great coverage. Some foundations without bismuth that I really like include the foundations from Alima, Everyday Minerals, and Lumiere. Lots of companies have either free or very inexpensive samples or sample sets of foundations and other products that provide several applications of the products so you can get an idea of how the products will work for you. Hope this helps!

Yeah could be the bismuth or the brushes. Some of BE's brushes are so rough that you could break out from those.I did.

If bare minerals is the only mineral makeup you've tried so far, your options are still open. Like the others said, you may be allergic to one of the ingredients (people have bad experiences with the bismuth in BE) or it may be the brush you are using. You should look into other mineral makeup, maybe ones that don't include bismuth?

yep, it might be the bismuth oxychloride, or the brushes, they make me itch (especially the kabuki in my case, it's driving me crazy). i also suggest you try other brands, they usually state if they use bismuth.

BE's kabuki brush sucks! It makes me itch too!!

The only brushes I like from BE are the concealer brush and the soft focus face brush.

You should try other mineral brands. Maybe Everyday Minerals, Lumiere...

Order some samples and see how your skin will react.

It caused me to itch and break out. It was the first mineral makeup I had tried. I then stopped using it and tried Everydayminerals. That really works for me. I believe it may be one of the ones which has very few ingredients and it didn't contain the bismuth which is one of the things to beware of in mmu. Other ingredients to be wary of are: oat powder and talc. Oceanmist - another great mmu used to put talc in their foundation but they have since removed it from their products. There are a bunch of brands out there, just research the ingredients and try samples - you're sure to hit on one (or two - or in my case 10!) which will work for you.

I wish you luck in your quest for a perfect mmu. Once you find it, you'll be very happy!

CooCoo
sheep.gif

It could be an allergic reaction to bismuth.... Try a bismuth free MMU!

yep, it made me break out too

for some reason it doesn't make my stepdaughter break out & she can't believe that it made me break out..........also, the mineral veil has cornstarch (zea may) in it & that is also a potential break out trigger for lots of people, myself included.

This stinks! I was going to look into mmu after Xmas ( I know it's kinda costly) My whole thing was to get it to stop my pimples. I'll have to test some out then.

I've been using bare minerals and i'm looking for something better. Just found out mine are expired lol.

Just thought I would mention that I had a similar reaction shortly after I began using it. I kept with it because I really like the coverage and the problem has since cleared up. I also found a Bare Escentuals store and when I had them apply the makeup, I realized I was going wayyyy overboard when I "buffed". I was doing it way too hard and since lightening up, the itching and any redness has gone away. Good luck!!

Originally Posted by farris2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yeah could be the brushes. Some of BE's brushes are so rough that you could break out from those.I did. I had this happen (at least now I know why I broke out). One of my flawless application brushes is really rough and I would breakout and now that I've stopped using that brush to apply my BE minerals - I'm fine.... thanks for helping me make the connection....
tocktock.gif

I read somewhere in this forum that when you wash your brushes you can use whatever conditioner you're using to wash your hair and it softens your brushes. I tried it yesterday with my BE brushes and they do seem softer and more user friendly lol...

I hope this won't happen to me - I'm going to get mineral foundation for Christmas (from my sister
smile.gif
)

Yea i'm still breaking out really bad more on my right cheek and chin area, I'm pretty sure it's the make up it self, the brushes are pretty ruff, and i apply very little cause it can look to heavy if you apply to much, I just bought it and have alot left kinda bumbed out it didn't work for me but i'd rather have clear skin.. thanks for the help, i also started with sheer coverage i never broke out from it, but i didn't like how it applied..

I have always had clear skin too. I use the Bare minerals and don't seem to have any problems whatsoever. Maybe you should try a thick creamy mosturizer before applying the product.

I cannot wear bare minerals either. It also caused me to break out, so I went back to using Jane Iredale's mineral makeup. It's expensive but it's worth it! My face has never looked better since going back to it.

Latest posts

Back