Bare Minerals

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So i figured why pay so much for my face care regime & then plaster on heavy and thick make up...
 ​
So i decided to give Bare Minerals a go. At first i was a little nervous because all ive ever used was thick make up foundations, either creams or liquids.
i went into harvey nichols in manchester where the bare minerals advisor was really nice & understood why i was questioning the brand ( its powder! how will powder give me decent coverage??) So i sat down for a skin match & purchased a Kit at £49 (includes a face primer, 2 foundations, bronzer, tinted mineral viel & 3 brushes and a dvd on how to use the make up)...
 ​
I have to say this is without a doubt the best foundation ive come across!!
smile.gif
Its so simple to use after watching the dvd i was amazed & gave it a go and can honestly say i will not be going back to thick creamy foundations.
I am 100% converted & a bare minerals addict

I've never tried Bare Minerals, but I've been using Pur Minerals for years now. Mineral make-up is the best thing for my skin. I like how you can control the coverage and multi-task with it. Use the darker shade for contouring or as a bronzer on those "meh" days 
biggrin.gif
! You'll find it's long wearing and easy to remove. 

I've been using bare minerals for about two years now, and I absolutely love it! My skin hasn't had bad break outs ever since I switched to bare minerals. It gives amazing coverage that's buildable without looking cakey. I love it! Good stuff right there. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I started using bare minerals about a year and a half ago and love it. I bought my intro kit at Sephora, and have since bought another refill kit [the original foundation lasted me a year!] so I have extra of the Warmth and a voucher for a full size foundation because one of the sample kits came with it. 

I love their brushes and am contemplating buying another starter kit just for the brushes lol. 

I use the foundation as concealer most of the time, and then for special occasions use it all over my face. It's funny because whenever I wear it, people keep telling me how flawless my skin looks, just like the commercials. I've also had people tell me that it must be nice "not to have to wear makeup because your skin is so nice!" not realizing that I actually have on makeup right then. 

I switched after having CG foundation cause my skin to break out really badly. It was a horrible cycle of using the liquid foundation, it causing tons of breakouts, so then more and more had to be used to cover it up. Bare Minerals helped my skin to heal and now 

I started with mineral makeup from Mary Kay then moved to Bare Minerals, both which gave me great results but horrible side effects.  I've since started using LA Minerals and havent tried anything else.  I didnt want to go back to a liquid unless there were days where I really needed a full coverage foundation and even still I would dab on the mineral makeup over the liquid as a setter and it works out great.

Im glad you're enjoying your products!! Isnt makeup fun!! LOL!

I'm thinking of getting the starter kit. I used EDM for a few years and loved it at first then I started not to like the way it looks. Switched to Neutrogena Healthy Skin but starting to not like liquid anymore. I got a 20% off at Ulta that I can use on Bare Minerals, so I'm really thinking of doing it but scared because I have acne prone skin now in my 30's.

Hello,

I think you have great experience with that and its going so interesting day of your life. I have done that already last 2 months ago and its really nice.

I love the BM foundations, they look natural and cover well. Not a big fan of mineral eyeshadows though:/

I've only been using Bare Minerals for a month or two, but I like it waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay more than the MAC foundation I had been using before. ★★★★★

I'm very glad I tried it out.

I used Bare Minerals for years, but found it to look cakey on my very dry skin. It didn't give my skin that nice dewy glow. I've switched to BB creams and Physician's Formula highlighting powder and have never looked back! But for skin that isn't so dry, Bare Minerals might work just fine.

I have used Bare Minerals for the last 5 years. this past winter I noticed it started to look really dry and cakey, so I added the Smashbox primer and then after I was finished set it with Evian spray water. Works like a charm. I switched back to a liquid foundation until someone reccomended this to me. I still keep the liquid around for really bad dry days, but for the most part, BE works for me. Love how they have tons of different finishes on the mineral veil, but if I use the  ones with too much glimmer, they actually make the pores on my cheeks look HUGE. I hope this helps and you have to use what works for you.

Back