BarkBox

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yousoldtheworld

Michaela
Reaction score
I know a couple of other people at least signed up for or were going to sign up for BarkBox...so I thought it'd be fun to talk about/share it here. I'm especially curious of the differences in the boxes for small, medium, and large dogs. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ro got his first box today and we really liked it! He's a big boy, so we got the box for large dogs. I don't think I'd spend $25 on this box, but for the discounted price (worked out to a little less $12 a box) I think it's really worth it.

We got:

A little bottle of peppermint and tea tree shampoo (perfect for him because he has itchy skin and is a bug bite magnet).

A spiral bully stick (He went nuts for it)

Organic treats in venison (he loves venison)

A tug/fetch toy made from firehose so it's super strong, and it has a squeaker (tug/fetch toys are his fave)

A yellow rubber collar that comes with every first box (cute, but non functional...but everyone gets this in their first box)

A travel water bottle with a little fold out tray to drink from, which will be SUPER handy.

Can you tell how much he hates having his picture taken? lol

We got our first box today too! : )

Ours is the same as yours. The gulpy bottle was blue in ours.

I think I found the same discount as you!

We have 3 big dogs, so they are going to have to learn to share. LOL

Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I know a couple of other people at least signed up for or were going to sign up for BarkBox...so I thought it'd be fun to talk about/share it here. I'm especially curious of the differences in the boxes for small, medium, and large dogs. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Ro got his first box today and we really liked it! He's a big boy, so we got the box for large dogs. I don't think I'd spend $25 on this box, but for the discounted price (worked out to a little less $12 a box) I think it's really worth it.

We got:

A little bottle of peppermint and tea tree shampoo (perfect for him because he has itchy skin and is a bug bite magnet).

A tug/fetch toy made from firehose so it's super strong, and it has a squeaker (tug/fetch toys are his fave)

A yellow rubber collar that comes with every first box (cute, but non functional...but everyone gets this in their first box)

A travel water bottle with a little fold out tray to drink from, which will be SUPER handy.

He is such a cutie! I got the Daily Candy deal as well (pretty sure that is what you are referring to) and we also have a large dog (collie) but I signed up after the cut off date, so we will get our first box next month. She is not so into toys as she is getting older, but everything else that you got she would have loved! And we can give toys she doesn't like to her "friends" or our cat who thinks he is a dog
laughno.gif
I agree it's not worth $25, but it will be fun to have for 3 months with the deal

Originally Posted by ladybritt /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by yousoldtheworld /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We got:

He is such a cutie! I got the Daily Candy deal as well (pretty sure that is what you are referring to) and we also have a large dog (collie) but I signed up after the cut off date, so we will get our first box next month. She is not so into toys as she is getting older, but everything else that you got she would have loved! And we can give toys she doesn't like to her "friends" or our cat who thinks he is a dog
laughno.gif
I agree it's not worth $25, but it will be fun to have for 3 months with the deal

Aw, thanks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />.  He has always hated having his picture taken, I just don't get it. I get out the camera, he leaves the room or averts his gaze. Odd.

YES, that's the deal, I could not remember the name for the life of me! I was worried about what kind of toys we would get - he's got jaws of steel so he destroys most chew type toys in no time, but this one is nice and tough and he loves to play fetch and tug, so it's great for that. It also floats, so we can play water fetch this summer when I take him to the pond by my dad's house. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by astokes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

We got our first box today too! : )

Ours is the same as yours. The gulpy bottle was blue in ours.

I think I found the same discount as you!

We have 3 big dogs, so they are going to have to learn to share. LOL
Yeah, I saw that they scent out different shampoos and different bottle colors...really happy with the ones I got though! The Gulpy is probably my favorite thing in the box - we take him to the park or out to the reservoir to walk on trails a lot, and so often forget to bring a bowl, and it's a pain trying to get him to drink out of a regular bottle. Never would have thought of looking for/buying something like that. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Here is one of our dogs (Maya) with the BarkBox. : )

We divided the bully stick between the 3 dogs already.

Maya has a hurt paw so she got the toy.

Originally Posted by astokes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You have a cutie, too! I am a big doggie lover :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Aww, so cute. And look how she poses! I wish she would give Ro lessons...
She's 7 so she's pretty experienced.

The yellow collars remind me of those yellow Livestrong rubber bracelets. So, it's like that but for dogs? Lol.

We actually have something similar to the Gulpy but it doesn't hurt to have another. They aren't very cheap.

Edit: The DailyCandy deal is what I used as well!

Quote: Originally Posted by astokes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You have a cutie, too! I am a big doggie lover :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

She is about 60 lbs. Our Boxer is about the same but he's only 9 months. Our German Shepherd is around 85 lbs. So, yeah! I love the big doggies too! : )

Yay, fellow big dog fans! Ro weighs about 70 pounds, and I always had big dogs (a rottweiler, a boxer, german shepherd, and golden retriever over the years) growing up, I love 'em!

Ro is so funny, we take him to my parents' house and he takes turns playing with the German Shepherd which is roughly his size, and the tiny little female pug. He'll even let her pin him to the ground. I love big dogs. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yay, fellow big dog fans! Ro weighs about 70 pounds, and I always had big dogs (a rottweiler, a boxer, german shepherd, and golden retriever over the years) growing up, I love 'em!

Ro is so funny, we take him to my parents' house and he takes turns playing with the German Shepherd which is roughly his size, and the tiny little female pug. He'll even let her pin him to the ground. I love big dogs. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Aw, he sounds like a great dog! Big dogs are the sweetest. Plus, I always feel safer walking around the neighborhood with a big dog in tow.

I'm probably going to keep the sub even after the 3-month deal is over. They just seem like a great company, of course if they love dogs they're my kind of people anyways. Haha!

Plus, I can justify it because we have 3 dogs so it's like $8 each! ; ) Ah, and they donate 10% to charity!

I feel you, there...even better since Ro is a pit bull, and despite being the most people loving dog I've ever met (seriously, he cries after the mailman when he leaves the porch, LOL) people see him and  think "Oh, scary dog" and mostly leave me alone. Somewhat comforting when you're a woman living alone or in my case, with just your older mother.

Leia is a mean girl on the outside but she is such a sweetie. She is very protective but warms up to people quickly. We lost her brother last summer and he was a big baby. We always joked if we were to ever get burglarized he would just lick the person to death and let them steal whatever as long as they kept petting him! lol

Leia is a mean girl on the outside but she is such a sweetie. She is very protective but warms up to people quickly. We lost her brother last summer and he was a big baby. We always joked if we were to ever get burglarized he would just lick the person to death and let them steal whatever as long as they kept petting him! lol
Lol! Same with our Boxer. They look intimidating and that's what counts.

We lost our 12 year old German Shepherd last year too and our other GS was depressed so we rescued the Boxer puppy and now the GS (Libby) is happier than ever even though she's 9.

All our dogs are so so spoiled. They have piles of toys inside and outside.

Fab.com has another deal on BarkBox!

Not as good as the DailyCandy deal was but still a discount. : )

My Pup got her first barkbox in May too...We were really happy with it, and she loves the firehose toy.

If my dog wasn't an 11 lb old fart with only 10 teeth, I'd sign him up for this. He's somewhere between 13-20 according to the vets he's seen and the humane society we got him from (they said he was 15 when he came home with us) since he was found wandering the streets of mean Phoenix before we adopted him, nobody knows for sure. He has a little box of toys that he neglects already, and doesn't do bones.

Is there a brand for the rubber dog collars? Too cute! I would consider one of those for him.

Originally Posted by amberlamps /img/forum/go_quote.gif

If my dog wasn't an 11 lb old fart with only 10 teeth, I'd sign him up for this. He's somewhere between 13-20 according to the vets he's seen and the humane society we got him from (they said he was 15 when he came home with us) since he was found wandering the streets of mean Phoenix before we adopted him, nobody knows for sure. He has a little box of toys that he neglects already, and doesn't do bones.

Is there a brand for the rubber dog collars? Too cute! I would consider one of those for him.
Wow! Love that you adopted a senior.
claps.gif

I couldn't find a brand anywhere on the collar. It's a very flexible rubber. Just like those rubber bracelets for the different causes. Maybe they would tell you if you emailed? They reply swiftly to my emails.

Latest posts

Back