Bath Teas - Herbs & Essential oils

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Bath Teas

Hydrotherapy is a modern word for an ancient remedy. From olden times, people have submerged themselves in hot water to cleanse, refresh, rejuvenate, repair, and relax. Adding herbal blends to hot water enhances the natural healing and soothing qualities of a hot bath.

Directions to make:

Prepare a clean work surface. Pour the loose herbs into a wide mouth bowl. Combine thoroughly. Then, simply place the loose herbs inside the bag and seal the opening closed with a hot iron for about 10 seconds. Each heat seal pouch can hold about .4 oz. of herbs.

Directions for use:

Simply place them in a tub of hot, running water and fill bath half way, let steep for 10 minutes, fill the bath with cooler water to the desired temperature and enjoy your herbal bath! Can be re-used if set out to let dry.

Note: As a rule of thumb when purchasing, one large heat sealable bag holds approximately .4 ounce botanicals and the small heat sealable bags hold about .1. So, if you need 50 bath teas, you would purchase about 20 ounces of botanicals (50 X .4). Or if you have 20 ounces of botanicals on hand, you would calculate 20 divided by .4 = 50 large bath bags needed.

Herbal Bath Tea Recipes

Combine herbs and essential oils in a bow and add to a muslin bag.

Note: If the "parts" measurement you are using is 1/4 cup, add 15 drops essential oil. If you are using 1cup parts, add 40 drops essential oils.

Drop muslin bag in running water or tie to the faucet.

Lemon Joy

2 parts lemon balm or lemon verbena

1 part lemongrass

1 part lemon peel

1 part peppermint or rose

1 part green tea

Lemon or peppermint essential oils

Calming Combo

2 parts lavender

2 parts chamomile

1 part skullcap or hops

1 part rosebuds or mugwort

Lavender essential oil

Therapeutic

2 parts yarrow flower

2 parts ginger, cut small

1 part cayenne pepper, crushed

1 part rosemary

Rosemary, tea tree or eucalyptus essential oils

Stress Relieving

1 oz. chamomile

1 oz. comfrey

1 oz. hops

1 oz. marjoram

1 oz. rose petals

Healing

1 oz. chamomile

1 oz. spearmint

1 oz. hops

1 oz. calendula

1 oz. comfrey

Basic

1 oz. lavender

1 oz. chamomile

1 oz. rose hips

1 oz. hops

1 oz. lemon grass

1 oz. passion herb

1 oz. rose petals

Rejuvenating

1 oz. Lavender

1 oz. Rose Petals

1 oz. Sage

1 oz. Rosemary

Skin Toning

1 oz. Chamomile

1 oz. Comfrey

1 oz. Lavender

1 oz. Lemon Rind, Dried

1 oz. Peppermint

Sweet Dreams

1 0z. mugwort

1 oz. hops

1 oz. chamomile

1 oz. lavender

1 oz. rose petals

Pampering

1 oz. Lavender

1 oz. Uncooked Oatmeal

1 oz. Dry Orange Peel

1 oz. Chamomile

1 oz. Rosemary

12 Bay Leaves, Crushed

Lavender and Calendula

1 part chamomile

1 part oatmeal

2 part Epson salt

1 part crushed lavender buds

1 part calendula petals

Goat's Milk and Oatmeal

1 oz. powdered goat's milk

1 oz. marjoram

1 oz. lavender

1 oz. chamomile

1 oz. ground oatmeal

diane, you always find the most interesting stuff to post.
smile.gif

i think i mentioned this once before, but i love making tub teas. i have some reuseable muslin tea bags that i fill with dried herbs and flowers. some of my faves are rose hips and lavender. my lavender plant didnt make it through the winter for some reason, but i used to just snip some branches and throw them in the tub.

TY Jasmine
smile.gif
Yes, I remember you telling about it. How is a muslin tea bag different from a regular tea bag? You can reuse it?

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse diane, you always find the most interesting stuff to post.
smile.gif

i think i mentioned this once before, but i love making tub teas. i have some reuseable muslin tea bags that i fill with dried herbs and flowers. some of my faves are rose hips and lavender. my lavender plant didnt make it through the winter for some reason, but i used to just snip some branches and throw them in the tub.

Originally Posted by Diane TY Jasmine
smile.gif
Yes, I remember you telling about it. How is a muslin tea bag different from a regular tea bag? You can reuse it? its a little sachet a bit larger than a regular tea bag, and it has a draw string closure. its reuseable as its made from muslin instead of whatever paper is used for tea bags. you just turn it inside out, take out all the spent material, wash it in the sink in hot water without soap, and let it dry.

Oooo, great post! I love natural remedies/solutions. Better cut & paste this one and save it!!
icon_smile.gif

Bump!

Informative post! I definitely need to try on "Stress Relieving" one.

Thanks a bunch, Diane! I wish I had time to try all those awesome recipes, but I'm pretty sure they all work.

Latest posts

Back