Battle of the Canadian subscription boxes 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Loose button -aka "Luxe box"(almost $30- quarterly) vs. Topbox ($12 monthly)

January

Topbox- Clinique products

Makeup remover, toner, repairwear laser focus serum, and an eyeshadow duo in neutral browns

Luxe box- was a no show. Had to email them. Replacement box showed up 6 weeks later.  When it finally came it was pretty lame. I do not want perfumes, yet I got 2.

Then, for a final kick in the box, they double charged me for my Spring box.

Winner- Topbox by a landslide! Loved it!!

February topbox- 5 Benefit products- WOW! LOVE IT!!

It came with Benetint, Dandilion lipgloss and blush, moisturizer, Porefessional primer, and Fine One One. 4/5 samples were decent sizes.  

prive_feb2013_feature.jpg
images

I am subscribed to a few - I love getting surprises every month and love trying out new products before buying full price at sephora or online. I am a beauty product junkie so this works for me - I select a few samples to try each week. I also do a Sunday spa day regularly so I try out the scrubs, soaps, lotions. Glossybox has not impressed me so far. I do like Ipsy My Glam and Top Box for their mix of beauty care and makeup. Starlooks is one of my favorite for makeup - they offer full size makeup products - great quality. Lip Factory is also a favorite - they offer brands I have not seen before instead of drugstore or mass market so that is fun to try.  Beauty Box 5 is fun - mostly just samples, but not an expensive monthly payout. Julep Maven is OK - all nail polish. I do like nail polish,but not enough to need 2 or 3 new colors every month. Eco Emi I like because it is all eco and cruelty free - includes products like toothpaste and household so not only beauty. Loose button is quarterly - and has great products, heavy focus on l'Oreal and its companies I find but good value for the cost. Natural Beauty Box I am going to let lapse - I loved the idea of more natural products but not impressed with their offering. Fortune Cookie soap I have only received one box so far as it is quarterly- I enjoyed it - soap, lotions, hand sanitizers - very innovative scents and packaging. Shiny Set is a jewelry subscription out of Edmonton in Canada - not impressed as it states to be a monthly service - I signed up in November and to date have ony received one box. Misto Coffee I signed up for 6 months as a Xmas gift for my brother - samples of coffee from around the world monthly - he is loving it. They have great customer service - I highly recommend this one. Seasons Box is Canadian - lifestyle products rather than makeup or beauty - this is the BEST one so far. A bit pricier but the products received are high quality and so beautifully individually wrapped they may a great stash of gifts to give (hostess, birthdays, recognition to employees). Divalicious Delights is a quarterly box with local etsy (small business) products - I like this one.Canadian and a good assortment.  There are some US boxes - Tantalizing Sampler, Sampler Village and Out of the box sampler - that offer same small business etsy, natural products - shea butter soaps and lotions, scented wax tarts - of these Out of the box sampler is my favorite, however recent postal increases have made shippng pricey.

Latest posts

Back