Beauty Army - April

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am actually pretty excited about this months. I made a list of things that I really wanted from every time I would go through the list and ended up getting the 5 things I wrote down!

I picked:

- Babor Hy-Ol Cleansing Set

- Cover FX Skin Prep FX

- Aquolina Pink Sugar Eau de Toilette

- Karuna Anti-Blemish Treatment Mask

- Joico K-Pak Reconstruct Deep-Penetrating Reconstructor

- Clickr Skincare Acne Spot Serum

Honestly, I was planning on skipping this month and I wasn't wowed by the samples. If there had been a skip, like they said there would be, I'd be a lot happier. Since there isn't, I suspect this may be my last month. I'm tired of being offered those little .01oz packets, no matter how good the product may be. It took me a bunch of profile retakes to come up with these. I hate that the profile has such little effect on the samples -- why offer a "light" (instead of the very fair/translucent foundations that the company has on their website) foundation to someone who has "porcelain" selected?

I might have canceled this month, but earlier this morning I was thinking that I needed to pick up a blemish spot treatment, and I've really been intrigued by the Pink Sugar fragrance. I think I also saw some rave reviews on the Babor cleansing duo, so I figured I'd give that a try.

Originally Posted by Caryatid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I picked:

- Cover FX Skin Prep FX

Honestly, I was planning on skipping this month and I wasn't wowed by the samples. If there had been a skip, like they said there would be, I'd be a lot happier. Since there isn't, I suspect this may be my last month. I'm tired of being offered those little .01oz packets, no matter how good the product may be. It took me a bunch of profile retakes to come up with these. I hate that the profile has such little effect on the samples -- why offer a "light" (instead of the very fair/translucent foundations that the company has on their website) foundation to someone who has "porcelain" selected?

I might have canceled this month, but earlier this morning I was thinking that I needed to pick up a blemish spot treatment, and I've really been intrigued by the Pink Sugar fragrance. I think I also saw some rave reviews on the Babor cleansing duo, so I figured I'd give that a try.
I believe they only said they were working on a skip and it was coming in the future, not that it would be offered in April. 

I have "fair" selected and got California Blonde for the Purely Cosmetics color. I am assuming they know what they're talking about but if its too dark, it's going to be pretty crappy since it will be a product I can't use.

I picked:

- Cover FX Skin Prep FX

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I believe they only said they were working on a skip and it was coming in the future, not that it would be offered in April. 

Oh, that makes more sense. And makes me less cranky, lol. Though I sort of have to wonder how hard it really is to implement...

Oh, that makes more sense. And makes me less cranky, lol. Though I sort of have to wonder how hard it really is to implement...

html-wise? Not hard at all. Business model-wise? Very difficult. A lot of people have to approve it, they have to figure out how it affects their budget/goals, etc. 

​
Here are my selections! I chose to get some duplicates from previous boxes because I liked them and with my no buy, this is my way of getting around that. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Really excited for this month's box!

OMG! Those kits are all AMAZING! Hmm... wonder if I could move my date to choose? 
icon_eek.gif
 Choosing at the beginning of the month is better for me anyway. hmm...

Yup great boxes..last month was a crap box for me..nothing I will use..oh well trade thread or the person who is after me on the next travelling box gets it.  My selection date is on the 17th and it seems like they run out of good stuff by the 10th ;(   I love the company, esp Nanci Lee but not sure how much more I can take if I keep getting YUCK BOXES. 

I wasn't a fan of last month's box either BUT I do have to say I did actually start using 4 of the 6 samples regularly. 

It's driving me crazy that no matter what I do I can't get the Boo Boo Cover up and Corrective Control anti-wrinkle face & neck cream to not show up. They must just have a ton of that left over, but neither of those fits my survey choices at all and I don't like the feeling that they're just trying to get rid of them...

Originally Posted by channelzero /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's driving me crazy that no matter what I do I can't get the Boo Boo Cover up and Corrective Control anti-wrinkle face & neck cream to not show up. They must just have a ton of that left over, but neither of those fits my survey choices at all and I don't like the feeling that they're just trying to get rid of them...
Neither of those showed up for me this morning...or in the past several weeks. 

you ladies with the makeup picks are lucky, I retook my test about 6 times, and not once did I get makeup. Guess I'm too dark!

I have a boo boo cover up you can have. I will never use it. Send me a PM if you want to discuss more in detail.

Weird! I must be doing something out of the ordinary then. I still got six things I'm happy with, so maybe next month I won't have to look at them! 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Neither of those showed up for me this morning...or in the past several weeks. 

Corrective Control was always there for me too, doesn't matter how I changed my profile.

I really like the idea of having 12 to pick from then 9. I hope they decide to go with that!

Thanks for clearing that up playedinloops....I still don't want Weleda lol. Weleda, control corrective and the eye prep or anti jetlag cream would CONSTANTLY show up for me. I'm getting ready to see if I can take my quiz and get makeup to show up for me, even though my account is suspended...i still have a bad taste in my mouth after just being offered to cancel my account instead of trying to help...

I have Boo Boo up for trade. It didnt work well for my skin color. I'd be happy to trade it with you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Im having issues deciding!! I like everything Ive got up on my screen. I retook it adding 'tools' and was able to get the razor to show up. Now Im just trying to decide between the FX primer or the purlisse lip comfort. 

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have Boo Boo up for trade. It didnt work well for my skin color. I'd be happy to trade it with you :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Im having issues deciding!! I like everything Ive got up on my screen. I retook it adding 'tools' and was able to get the razor to show up. Now Im just trying to decide between the FX primer or the purlisse lip comfort. 

I've tried both the primer and the purlisse, and I prefer the purlisse. Its a bigger sample, will last much much longer, and I like it better as an overall product. I did not like that primer much. 

Wow I am so happy!! What an amazing month. They sure listened to our grumbles. Almost all new brands and new products.

And Jenna I did look up Clickr a few days ago and was happy to see they are an all vegan company. And I looked up all the products today to make sure they were vegan and cruelty free. 

My selection:

-Clickr No More Drama Pen

-Myface Cosmetics mymix foundation in 02 fair

-Cover FX Skinprep FX

-Purely Cosmetics Diamond Perfect Finish Powder

-Chella Razor with Brush and Comb

-Lavaque Professionals Crystal Nail file

Back