Beauty Army - April

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've tried both the primer and the purlisse, and I prefer the purlisse. Its a bigger sample, will last much much longer, and I like it better as an overall product. I did not like that primer much. 

aw too bad I saw this after. But primers are my favorite to try out. And Im still obsessed with my rosebud salve (which btw i forgot to reply to them about setting up a day, I fail, sorry) so I dont need more lip products. 

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

aw too bad I saw this after. But primers are my favorite to try out. And Im still obsessed with my rosebud salve (which btw i forgot to reply to them about setting up a day, I fail, sorry) so I dont need more lip products. 

Hahha no problem! I never heard back from shea terra...which doesn't surprise me since when I emailed them about an order they never wrote back either, lol. The purlisse reminds me of the rosebud salve a little, but its closer to kiehl's lipbalm. I like all 3, and have one in my car, one in my desk at work, and one in my bathroom! 

I retook my quiz thing, and I got 2 foundations to show up. It's too bad I can't get the Clickr to show up with them! My dream box: -2 foundations shown -Clickr acne treatment -karuna mask -strivectin neck tightener (haven't seen that today though) -Larocca pumpkin polish or purlisse moisturizer (NOT the lip one) I wish there was a trade thread for BA....

CookiesGirl everyone uses the birchbox open trade thread for all subscription boxes. You will see products from Beauty Army there. Just search for the exact product you want and you may be surprised to find it up for trade :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And I think channelzero meant that she couldn't get them to go away, not that she wanted them.

That's what I think she meant, as well, and I feel the same as her. Those two items ALWAYS show up in my picks, no matter what I do. 

OMG, my picking window was a week ago and mine were all garbage compared to the current options. I wish I could move my date too. 

That's weird, mine didn't come up with boo boo at all, maybe because I already got it? I did keep getting the other one though!

Originally Posted by HelloLeilani /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's what I think she meant, as well, and I feel the same as her. Those two items ALWAYS show up in my picks, no matter what I do. 

I bet you're right since i haven't chosen either of those two!

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's weird, mine didn't come up with boo boo at all, maybe because I already got it? I did keep getting the other one though!

Originally Posted by channelzero /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I bet you're right since i haven't chosen either of those two!

I haven't gotten either of them either and they never come up! I think it is because I put porcelain though for skin? Maybe.

Originally Posted by lovelockdown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

OMG, my picking window was a week ago and mine were all garbage compared to the current options. I wish I could move my date too. 

You can cancel and open another account...that is why I have two.

I thought subscriptions were sold out? I had another account that I made in my moms name that we never activated because she didn't want to sign up yet, and when I logged on last time to play around with the quiz it said sold out. But that is an option I guess for the future. 

Originally Posted by lovelockdown /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I thought subscriptions were sold out? I had another account that I made in my moms name that we never activated because she didn't want to sign up yet, and when I logged on last time to play around with the quiz it said sold out. But that is an option I guess for the future. 

Oh, idk, I opened a second account on March 1. 

I was really happily surprised too!  This is what I chose -

Your selected samples:
BABOR
HY-OL CLEANSING SET
A unique cleansing duo. Remove impurities thoroughly while gently moisturizing your skin with these unique 2-step cleansers. Directions included. 
Sample Size: 2 bottles 0.31 oz each.

2101-0028-0001-200x200.jpg

2107-0032-0003-200x200.jpg

2121-0017-0009-200x200.jpg

2138-0029-0001-200x200.jpg

2140-0033-0001-200x200.jpg

I was super excited to see makeup samples in the selection.  I couldn't get the powder foundation to come up in my choices but then I realized, I have a whole set of Bare Minerals that I need to start trying out, I haven't tried the whole mineral foundation thing yet.  Before recently, I felt that cream foundation is a better choice for me, providing more coverage, but with all of the great skin products that I've been using my skin seems pretty good so I think I'm finally ready to try some new mineral foundation out.  Thanks for posting about the Clickr, I never put in anti-acne because I always tend to have those little .01 oz cardboard things come up, but when I saw that pen I thought that it looks like something I'd use.  Funnily enough, I couldn't get any of the typical "anti-aging creams" to come up while playing with the quiz, I was hoping for some more Stri-vectin, I'm afraid I'm going to fall in love with it and then have to (gasp!) actually buy a big tube!  

2101-0028-0001-200x200.jpg

2107-0032-0003-200x200.jpg

2140-0033-0001-200x200.jpg

i resubscribed-thanks ba for all the new items!!  i was surprised i was able to sign up again through my old account because i had opened another account last month but never activated and then received an email that i was put on a wait list.

Darnit. I wish I had waited two more days! I went ahead as soon as two new things I wanted popped up. Looks like lots of new stuff.

Anyone like the idea of starting a new BA thread the first of each month with our profiles and and the selections we get from that profile? I think it might cut down on the constant profile stalking we all are doing.

Ugh, I'm so close to gettin all the samples I want! I have the Clickr, both foundations and a karuna mask. I cannot get the purlisse skin brightener to show up with this. It's always the lip comfort which I already have! Lol it's funny but it isn't.

Everyone should let us know what they selected in their profiles so we can replicate the profile if we see an item/items we want.

Your selected samples:

JOICO

K-PAK RECONSTRUCT DEEP-PENETRATING RECONSTRUCTOR
For dry or damaged hair. 19 essential amino acids rebuilds and improves the structure of hair. Color safe.
Directions: apply to damp hair. Leave in 5 minutes. Rinse.
Sample Size: 5.1 oz

PURELY COSMETICS

DIAMOND PERFECT FINISH POWDER
Made with real diamonds (seriously), this powder is the perfect finishing touch to your makeup routine. Achieve a red-carpet, airbrushed look with this light weight, translucent powder.
Directions: Apply a light dusting using a fluffy brush.
Sample Size: 0.1 fl oz

I'm super excited if that Joico is really the sample size of 5.1 oz.  I'm also stoked about the diamond perfect finish powder!  I'm also getting a foundation which is my big splurge item.  I'm so excited for this month's selections!!!!!

Back