Beauty Army box

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got an email stating my Beauty Army box was shipped!

I had completely forgotten about this program so it was a nice surprise. Here is a quick snap of the samples I chose:

Left to right:   CellCeuticals NeoCell - Neo-Cell Micro-Resurfacing Skin Treatment uses natural enzymes and volcanic micro-minerals to gently resurface skin without irritation, revealing smoother, more radiant, and healthier-looking skin. Natural enzymes and volcanic-minerals work together to exfoliate surface skin cells without irritation.   Product Size: 2 fl oz   Ingredients: Water, Disodium Cocoamphodiacetate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Pumice, Acrylates Copolymer, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Stearic Acid, Glycerin, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Bromelain, Papain, Bisabolol, Panthenol, Mimosa Tenuiflora Bark Extract, Allantoin, Propylene Glycol, Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol , Chlorphenesin, Sorbic Acid.   BooBoo Cover up - Have a Boo-Boo? Skip the bandage and the shiny ointment. Look your best even while you heal with Boo-Boo Cover-Up. Our innovative formula offers great coverage for skin imperfections while containing ingredients known in nature to promote healing.   Product Size: 0.5 fl oz.   Ingredients: Aloe, Chamomile, Green Tea, Tea Tree Oil, Vitamin E   Shea Terra Organics Black Soap Facial Cleanser - 100% Natural. The world's most effective, amazing face wash! Based on anancient African formula, this wash works like microdermabrasion to get rid of dead skin,even skin tone, firm skin and fight acne. Look younger in just minutes of using.   Product Size: 4 fl oz   Ingredients: Deionized water, Yoruban black soap (cocoa pod ash, plaintain peel ash, palm kernel oil, camwood bark), certified organic shea butter, certified organic coconut oil, potassium hydroxide (electrocuted salts- what makes oil into soap), certified organic rose hips oil, rose hips fruit, aloe ferox, rooibos tea, kigellia africana, certified organic marshmallow root, licorice root.   Indie Lee The Body Scrub - Indie formulated this all natural scrub, to deliver a daily dose of pampered, sexy skin. The essential oils create a calming, light, lemon scent to start or end your day.   Product Size: 12 fl oz   Ingredients: Saccharum Officinarum (sugar cane), Coco Nucifera (coconut) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (jojoba) Oil, Melissa Officinalis (lemon balm), Essential Oils of Cymbopogon Citratus (lemongrass) and Vanilla Planifolia (vanilla)   MyFace Cosmetics Blingtone Eye shadow - In the bleak mid-winter she longed for the warmth of the sun to shine on her face. But with no escape to a tropical clime she did the next best thing and wore sp"ice"y that day...the rich, warm brown with an icy glow that reminded her of the spiced bay rum they drank on the beach, or the warm glow of the copper sand under their feet.   Color: Sp"ice"y   LaRocca Skincare Pumpkin Fleur de Sel Body Polish - Not just for pumpkin pie.  An invigorating sea salt body polish with pumpkin and cinnamon to decongest dry rough skin, tighten and stimulate circulation leaving your skin glowing all over.   Ingredients: Sea Salt, Volcanic Stone, Cucurbita Pepo (Pumpkin) Fruit Extract, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Water (Aqua), Chrondrus Crispus (Carrageenan), Cinnamomum Cassia (Cinnamon) Bark Oil, Aloe (Barbadensis) Leaf Juice, Canola Oil, Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Cinnamomum Cassia (Cinnamon) Bark Oil, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Camelia Sinensis (Green Tea) Extract, Thymus Vulgaris (Thyme) Extract, Hippophae Rhamnoides Fruit Extract, Sedum Rosea Root Extract, Lactic Acid, Tocopherol, L-Ascorbic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate.

I'm getting the Rosehips and the MyFace eyeshadow in a different color, too. I'm so excited to try the products, this is my first subscription program, and this and my first beautyfix box both shipped today. yay!

This makes noooo sense to me what so ever:

Date Time Description Location 1/30/2012 05:56 PM Intransit Fishers, IN 46037 1/26/2012 08:05 PM Intransit Sparks, NV 89441 1/25/2012 04:55 PM Arrived at Shipping Facility Sparks, NV 89441 1/24/2012 05:06 PM Electronic Shipping Info Received Ontario, CA 91761

It had to pass Texas to get to Indiana. I don't understand!  LOL

I know! It seems like they have very specific centers that ship to and from places because mine went up to New Jersey and is now headed back down to DC. I'm hoping it will be there when I get home today as mine FINALLY said it was passed off to USPS. 

I got my box yesterday! So far I LOVE everything I've tried. The black soap made my skin soooo soft, the LaRocca lipgloss is the perfect color for me, and blingtone eyeshadow I got is a great highlighter for the corner of my eye. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I got my box yesterday! So far I LOVE everything I've tried. The black soap made my skin soooo soft, the LaRocca lipgloss is the perfect color for me, and blingtone eyeshadow I got is a great highlighter for the corner of my eye. 
Yay! Mine arrived in Texas last night so I think it should be in my hands tomorrow or Friday. Right alone with my ELF order! :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I received mine on the 30th.  I really love the rose hips black soap and the box everything came in.  The dark container is the pumpkin scrub which smells exactly like pumpkin pie mhmm..

One thing I really like about BA so far is the shipping notifications. I love how they keep you in the know without you having to go look (unless you really want to). :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Your going to make me cave and subscribe!! LOL I already have beautybar sample society! but this one seems awesome! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
claps.gif

I talked to USPS this morning, they are looking into it but I have no idea what that means. I've never had lost mail before. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Once I realized my box from Beauty Army was lost, I called the USPS 800 number (1-800-275-8777 in case you ever need it) at 11:25am. I provided the track number and read to them the various times and dates from the tracking list. I was given a ticket number and told I would get a call at some point to find out what happened. At 6:48 this evening, I got a phone call from a local office (supposedly) and got to listen to someone list to me the various stops my package made, which was slightly annoying since I already knew this.

So at the end of this, I asked what they had found out. I was told the case had just been assigned (!!!) and they were calling me to get more information. Needless to say, I was really annoyed at this point. I stated I had already knew the stops my package had made, I had provided the information when I had initially called in. I was then told that they would be doing more research on Monday when they got back in the office. As if that were not bad enough, I find an email from Beauty Army waiting for me this evening:

Quote:

Hi Katy, 
I was alerted that USPS has lost your Kit. I am so sorry to hear that.

I looked into your account and it looks like we actually had a problem processing your card and we sent out the Kit without charging. Obviously, this was our mistake so don't worry about it. We obviously don't expect you to pay for something you never got anyway. 
So, here's what I suggest. If you agree, I will cancel your current subscription (which is on hold anyway because of the payment processing). Then you can go into your Beauty Army account and select new samples and set up a new subscription.

Your new Kit would ship on Tuesday. 
Let me know what you want to do.

If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]
We're always on the front lines of beauty for you. 
With beautiful well wishes, 
Customer Success Manager
By this point, I am beyond pissed. Not only was I charged on Jan 27th for my membership, there was no way I was giving these people any more access to my funds until I had a resolution. So I fired off an email that said as much:
Quote: I am not sure where you are looking or who you got your information from but it is incorrect. I paid for a subscription on Jan 27th on a Mastercard for $12. I have yet to get a box for that payment.   I will not update anything until I have a product received or a credit issued.
Of course, it is after I hit send I find another email:

Quote: Hi Katy,   I brought up your situation with our founder and she asked that I send you your replacement Kit free of charge immediately. Your replacement Kit will ship on Tuesday.   If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]. We're always on the front lines of beauty for you. With beautiful well wishes, Customer Success Manager
So yeah, now I feel like a troll and I sent a thank you email for clearing this issue up. I'm still not going to update my payment information (though I am not entirely sure why they are having an issue to begin with seeing as how the card associated on the account is active) until this is resolved.

I've never had anything lost in the mail before so this is all new to me. I'm frustrated because I was so looking forward to having my box well before now and it looks like it may very well be another week before I get it. The upside is at least I will be getting one, which is great.

I just wish it wasn't so filled with frustration.

Its really nice that they are replacing it for you, since it was the post office who lost the box. Obviously it doesn't cost them a lot of me to send it out again, and it sucks that this happened, but at least they are making it right! I don't understand the payment issue but that sounds like a misunderstanding on the customer service rep's end. 

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Its really nice that they are replacing it for you, since it was the post office who lost the box. Obviously it doesn't cost them a lot of me to send it out again, and it sucks that this happened, but at least they are making it right! I don't understand the payment issue but that sounds like a misunderstanding on the customer service rep's end. 

I got another email and apparently the Feb box went out without payment. I'm not sure how that happened but there you have it. So potentially I could end up with three boxes, only having paid for one.

I guess that could be considered an upside but I am still not going to update my information until I see a box.

Yeah for sure, I wouldn't change anything if they were able to charge you. A little strange, but hey, extra samples, extra fun! 

Well for whatever its worth, I've been using the black soap every other day for a week and my skin looks amazing! All my breakouts are cleared up, its not splotchy, and I love it. I've also been using a new moisturizer though so that may also be involved, but its definitely good stuff.

Latest posts

Back