Beauty Army: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can you only order during your subscription window?  Since I placed my first order on the 30th, will I have to wait till March?  Sorry, still not sure how BA works.

Originally Posted by audiophilekate /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Can you only order during your subscription window?  Since I placed my first order on the 30th, will I have to wait till March?  Sorry, still not sure how BA works.
You can only order when your window opens and I think some days after if I make no mistake, but not before.

Due to the short month, your window may open on the 28th of Feb (cause they want to make sure you're able to get a box each month, so I don't think they'll make you wait til March 1st!)

My profile said my selection window would open on March 2nd.  I cancelled and placed my February order so my selection window opens on the 1st from now on.

Originally Posted by puppyluv /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am so excited about this sub! I get to pick my new samples on the 4th. I love having a little control over what I get.

Feb will be my 2nd Beauty Army box. Will there be a lot of new items available on the 1st or do the options stay mostly the same from month to month?

Also I was wondering if you have the option to get repeats or do they remove the items you've already gotten from your selections? I could see how removing them would making choosing more convenient but it might also be nice to pick something again if you really like it. I guess it doesn't really matter either way to me... just curious!
You can only pick a sample once then it's off your list. The problem that I unfortunately ran into after being subbed since last summer is that eventually I picked everything I wanted and ended up getting the same samples over and over again no matter how drastically I changed up my profile. There was rarely anything new. So it's like I have to pick a box full of stuff I have no interest in in order to clear those items off my list. And since I avoided items like hair gels and foil packet moisturizers, now that's all that seems to come up. I sort of wish we could pick repeats because I would totally buy another box with things like the Macadamia Hair Oil and the Ineke Perfume, but I haven't ordered a box in a few months due to the fact that I'm just not interested in anything they've had up for so many months.

You can only pick a sample once then it's off your list. The problem that I unfortunately ran into after being subbed since last summer is that eventually I picked everything I wanted and ended up getting the same samples over and over again no matter how drastically I changed up my profile. There was rarely anything new. So it's like I have to pick a box full of stuff I have no interest in in order to clear those items off my list. And since I avoided items like hair gels and foil packet moisturizers, now that's all that seems to come up. I sort of wish we could pick repeats because I would totally buy another box with things like the Macadamia Hair Oil and the Ineke Perfume, but I haven't ordered a box in a few months due to the fact that I'm just not interested in anything they've had up for so many months.
This is actually my first month subbing to Beauty Army.. But could you cancel your current account then create a new one and have access to all the samples again? Like I said this is a new sub to me so I don't know if there are any disadvantages to doing this.

I just put the Enspri Ultra Collagen mask on my face... and I just can't get over the smell. It reminds me of spoiled milk mixed with hair permanent solution. Has anyone else tried it yet?

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I'm out of my Macadamia oil 
icon_cry.gif
 I would love more, not like I don't have like 3 different oils right... lol

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm out of my Macadamia oil 
icon_cry.gif
 I would love more, not like I don't have like 3 different oils right... lol
It's my absolute favorite hair oil! And thanks to all my subs, I've tried a lot of hair oils lol.

4116-0067-0004-150x150.jpg

WHIP HAND COSMETICS
Medal of Honor Loose Pigment Eyeshadow
4045-0002-0002-150x150.jpg

BOO-BOO COVER-UP
Boo-Boo Covers
3973-0032-0004-150x150.jpeg

KARUNA
Renewal Eye Mask
3947-0092-0002-150x150.jpg

YES TO
Super Rich Body Butter
3930-0086-0002-150x150.jpg

GG GATSBY
Raise Volume Conditioner
2927-0068-0003-150x150.jpg

BATH & BODY WORKS
Paris Amour Shower Gel
4142-0093-0001-150x150.png

OLIVE NATURAL BEAUTY
Lemon & Lavender Bar Soap
3894-0089-0001-150x150.jpg

ENSPRI
Moisture Duo
2958-0070-0001-150x150.jpg

EMANI
Foundation Primer & Hydrating Serum

Skipping this month.  I can't believe I am still getting BBW in my selection window..   I also saw a couple other "Yes to" samples- a face scrub and a wipe of some sort, and a hook up gloss.    I like the look of the bar soap- it reminds me of Fight Club!  I think the temporary tattoos for face was funny- I see how it can be useful, but I just can imagine makeup wearing off and there being a 1 inch patch of off colored "skin". tehehehe..

I'm basically getting the same samples you are (except I got the eye things last month). I'm only interested in the soap and the shadow.. I'm going to see if anything else new pops up on Monday and if not, then I'll cancel. I canceled Ipsy this month too.. Maybe I will just gift myself another BB... Hmmmmm lol

Originally Posted by lilsxkitten /img/forum/go_quote.gif

4116-0067-0004-150x150.jpg

WHIP HAND COSMETICSMedal of Honor Loose Pigment Eyeshadow
4045-0002-0002-150x150.jpg

BOO-BOO COVER-UPBoo-Boo Covers
3973-0032-0004-150x150.jpeg

KARUNARenewal Eye Mask
3947-0092-0002-150x150.jpg

YES TOSuper Rich Body Butter
3930-0086-0002-150x150.jpg

GG GATSBYRaise Volume Conditioner
2927-0068-0003-150x150.jpg

BATH & BODY WORKSParis Amour Shower Gel
4142-0093-0001-150x150.png

OLIVE NATURAL BEAUTYLemon & Lavender Bar Soap
3894-0089-0001-150x150.jpg

ENSPRIMoisture Duo
2958-0070-0001-150x150.jpg

EMANI

Foundation Primer & Hydrating Serum

Skipping this month.  I can't believe I am still getting BBW in my selection window..   I also saw a couple other "Yes to" samples- a face scrub and a wipe of some sort, and a hook up gloss.    I like the look of the bar soap- it reminds me of Fight Club!  I think the temporary tattoos for face was funny- I see how it can be useful, but I just can imagine makeup wearing off and there being a 1 inch patch of off colored "skin". tehehehe..

love your selection hope i get the boo boo coverups and the olive oil soap

Originally Posted by lilsxkitten /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like the look of the bar soap- it reminds me of Fight Club!
 I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that!  I wonder if that's where the company got the idea.

The soap looks interesting! So does the boo-boo cover up thingy. Looks like I will still stick with BA for a while.

So I splurged on the Ineke deluxe sample collection. *Sigh* I believe this is thanks to katie danielle's awesome enabling :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm super excited to try it- I am really into the body oils, etc and feel this could help me find an amazing flavor :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

They have some pretty great CS too- I got my order confirmation email, and then 5 minutes later got an email from Bill telling me my order would ship out Monday via USPS!

my window just opened up today at 12.. and I actually thought I was going to skip, but I tried to see what I would get, and I am actually SO happy with my selections! holy skincare!

Originally Posted by alpina0560 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
my window just opened up today at 12.. and I actually thought I was going to skip, but I tried to see what I would get, and I am actually SO happy with my selections! holy skincare!

Nice! You got the mask and the eye thingies and the soap! I hope I get that on my selection cuz I wants them all!

Back