Beauty Army: February 2013

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Didnt get the karuna eye gels, but got the skyn iceland and didnt get the boobie cover ups but all in all think i did pretty good. Got the BBW Japanese Cherry Blossom, Skyn Iceland Firmin Gels, Mark honey Lip Gloss, Lash Card, Olive Oil Soap, and Medal of Honor Eyeshadow.

My window isn't open yet, but I hope there's a huge number of new things. I skipped for like 4 months in a row when everything was the same over and over and over. Finally I gave in and ordered a box but it's mostly stuff I have no interest in...except of course the one perfume sample that arrived open and dried out. LOL 

Anyway, I know they say that they release new samples at 9am every day, but my sample selections have NEVER changed: same thing over and over. :-

My window opened yesterday. The only new thing that stuck out to me was the bar soap. I didn't make a selection yet. Probably going to hold out a few days and see if I can get some different things to pop up. I don't want any foil pockets!

I ended up skipping, the only new things that showed up and weren't foil packets or BBW were the shadow and soap bar.. I don't want them bad enough to spend $12. I'd love if they did more Shea Terra products.

Originally Posted by beautymadn3ss /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I managed to get the GCB mask to show up and then it dissappeared, I'll try again tomorrow
Oh good luck!  I found that upping my age (usually I do the 15-19 group) to the 25-30 age made it appear more often.

My selection window starts on a Saturday... Grrr!!

I actually wanted the skin iceland too and because of me being greedy and trying to get it my GCB went away, I tried all 18-24 25-30 and the other one after that and they would all get it XD but then it just went away so sad!! 
icon_cry.gif

I had the same problem with that mask and also with the Skinn lip duo. The lip duo stopped showing up like 15 min after they restocked for today. I would just much rather have that than the red Mark gloss, and I refuse anything BBW or foil packets... SO I will be trying again tomorrow. I am probably being too picky with my selection. OH WELL!

I actually wanted the skin iceland too and because of me being greedy and trying to get it my GCB went away, I tried all 18-24 25-30 and the other one after that and they would all get it XD but then it just went away so sad!! 
icon_cry.gif
Oh noez!! Hopefully tomorrow they show up right away! 

Originally Posted by puppyluv /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had the same problem with that mask and also with the Skinn lip duo. The lip duo stopped showing up like 15 min after they restocked for today. I would just much rather have that than the red Mark gloss, and I refuse anything BBW or foil packets... SO I will be trying again tomorrow. I am probably being too picky with my selection. OH WELL!
No such thing as too picky!  If your selections aren't worth $12 to you then SKIP! lol I probably hit refresh at least 50 times before I get what I want.

Also I think this should be worth mentioning...I got the Mark. lipgloss and BBW in....mmm the pink one!(lol awesome description right?? ) Either way I already received both...Not a fan of them showing up again :S I would love other things showing up, like the Macadamia Oil! 

Had lots of new items and several repeats in my selection. I eventually saw that Ineke Hothouse Flower was acquirable so I put my box revolving THAT. LOL I HAD to have Ineke Hothouse Flower AGAIN. I've even traded for it twice here on MUT so this will be my fourth bottle. While I could be upset that I got four repeat items in all honesty I'm not because the selections I had were all good but what I picked I REALLY enjoyed so I absolutely didn't mind picking again, granted if the items were things I DIDN'T like I'd be singing a different tune. LOL

1. EMANI Foundation Primer & Hydrating Serum - previously picked & at one point had up for trade but ended up using it at IMATS & liked it.
  2. Skyn ICELAND Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels - got these last month, used at IMATS & LOVED it. These I think I'm going to have to take the plunge & just buy.
  3. INEKE Hothouse Flower Perfume - absolutely LOVE this perfume. If it weren't almost $100 I'd buy the full size.
  4. ENSPRI Ultra Collagen 5-Minute Facial - new to me
  5. OLIVE NATURAL BEAUTY Lemon & Lavender Bar Soap - new to me
  6. WHIP HAND COSMETICS Medal of Honor Loose Pigment Eyeshadow - I have a full size of this that was given to me as a gift from the lovely ladies of Beauty Army. Love the color, got the sample of it to give to my eldest since I ain't share my full size bottles!

Zadi, are the Skyn ICELAND and the other ones the have as good? Earlier when the GCB was showing up the Skyn ICELAND weren't, but the ones from the other brand were. I want the Skyn ICELAND cuz you said they are good so I want to try them, but if they don't show up  idk if I should go w the other ones, you know?

I actually liked the Skyn Iceland ones over the Karuna ones. The Karuna ones were good but for me it seems the Skyn Iceland worked better. I posted a pic I think in last month's thread about the Karuna ones and included a before and after on me.

The Skyn Iceland mask worked great on Zadidoll, but not so well on me.  I'm going to try the Karuna one soon (got it in my January box) and hopefully that will be better for my stubborn dark circles!

Zadi, I thought that once you picked something, Beauty Army removed it from the lineup and you couldn't get it again? Is there a way around that?

idk if  this will be useful for anyone, but I think the Dermisa cream made me break out, it was the only thing different about my routine and I broke out specifically where I applied it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Originally Posted by magicalmom /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Zadi, I thought that once you picked something, Beauty Army removed it from the lineup and you couldn't get it again? Is there a way around that?
I constantly see repeats in my selections every month, typically in different colors or scents which is how I ended up with four different color Blingtones and four different fragrances of Bath & Body shower gels. I personally don't mind but I know some people hate it.

My selection window atm:

4142-0093-0001-150x150.png
OLIVE NATURAL BEAUTY 
LEMON & LAVENDER BAR SOAP
3946-0092-0003-150x150.jpg

YES TO 
ON-THE-GO FACIAL TOWELETTE
GG GATSBY 
RAISE VOLUME SHAMPOO 
A gentle, sulfate-free, non-lather cleanser that intensifies volume for sexy, voluptuous hair. 
Sample Size: 0.5 fl. oz.
3931-0086-0001-150x150.jpg

GG GATSBY 
RAISE VOLUME SHAMPOO
3889-0089-0002-150x150.jpg

ENSPRI 
ULTRA COLLAGEN 5-MINUTE FACIAL
3442-0076-0001-150x150.jpg

INEKE 
HOTHOUSE FLOWER PERFUME
3935-0084-0001-150x150.jpg

MARK. 
HOOK UP LIP GLOSS
(HONEY)
3895-0088-0001-150x150.jpg

NOT YOUR MOTHER'S
SHE'S A TEASE VOLUMIZING HAIRSPRAY
4039-0091-0001-150x150.jpg

LASH CARD 
2 MASCARA SHIELDS
3694-0083-0001-150x150.jpg

JONATHAN PRODUCT 
DIRT TEXTURIZING PASTE
  4 repeats...4!!! The hairspray, lash cards, jonathan and mark.

My selection window atm:

4142-0093-0001-150x150.png
OLIVE NATURAL BEAUTY LEMON & LAVENDER BAR SOAP
3946-0092-0003-150x150.jpg

YES TO ON-THE-GO FACIAL TOWELETTE
GG GATSBY RAISE VOLUME SHAMPOO 

A gentle, sulfate-free, non-lather cleanser that intensifies volume for sexy, voluptuous hair. 

Sample Size: 0.5 fl. oz.
3931-0086-0001-150x150.jpg

GG GATSBY RAISE VOLUME SHAMPOO
3889-0089-0002-150x150.jpg

ENSPRI ULTRA COLLAGEN 5-MINUTE FACIAL
3442-0076-0001-150x150.jpg

INEKE HOTHOUSE FLOWER PERFUME
3935-0084-0001-150x150.jpg

MARK. HOOK UP LIP GLOSS

(HONEY)
3895-0088-0001-150x150.jpg

NOT YOUR MOTHER'SSHE'S A TEASE VOLUMIZING HAIRSPRAY
4039-0091-0001-150x150.jpg

LASH CARD 2 MASCARA SHIELDS
3694-0083-0001-150x150.jpg

JONATHAN PRODUCT DIRT TEXTURIZING PASTE
  4 repeats...4!!! The hairspray, lash cards, jonathan and mark.

I thought you couldn't get repeats...?

Repeats are showing up in my selection window too... and I've only been subbed for one month! Either there is something wrong with their system or they are running really low on choices.

Back