Beauty Army - February

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got an email that it was time to make my selections. I was not overly impressed with the selections this month but this is what I chose. Of all of these, I am looking forward to the eye shadow. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

SunFX Body Wash - A light, foaming, non-abrasive body wash perfect for maintaining your SunFX spray tan. The body wash combines Aloe, Chamomile and Vitamin E extracts. Relax and enjoy the subtle fragrances designed to stimulate and revitalize your spirits.   Product Size: 270 ml   JOICO K-Pak RevitaLuxe - Strengthens hair, making it over 2x more resistant to breakage* Protects against color fade by 94%**   Keratin Peptide Complexâ„¢: • Bio-Mimetic Peptides • Keratin Amino Acids •Jojoba Oil • Aloe Extract   *vs. untreated control group **week following color service   Indie Lee The Shampoo - It’s critical to Indie that only the finest all natural shampoos touch your scalp. Indie’s Conditioning Shampoo delivers shiny healthy hair. Formulated for daily use. Perfect for color-treated and chemically straightened hair.   Product Size: 12 fl oz   MyFace Cosmetics Blingtone Eyeshadow - If Van Gogh had to paint Starry Night again today, he'd use bellbottom blues...for no other colour could offer all at once such a magical mixture of deep, midnight and electric blues, with twinkling stars packed in...It's the colour of a perfect summer night sky, illuminated with sapphires, stars and romance.   Color: Bellbottom Blues   LaRocca Skincare 24K Exfoliating Cleanser - A silky cream with a gentle natural exfoliant that dissolves makeup quickly while it moisturizes and stimulates collagen growth. Our revolutionary cellular gold complex, made with 24K gold energizes the cells while the green tea extract is a potent antioxidant and anti-inflammatory that leaves your skin smooth and radiant.   Product Size: 4 fl oz   Weleda Iris Hydrating Facial Lotion - Oily to combination skin gets moisture regulated into a healthy balance with this hydrating Iris Hydrating Facial Lotion. This all natural face cream is a light, fast-absorbing cream that regulates your natural moisture balance and provides long-lasting protection against drying out.   Help your skin be naturally beautiful with our all natural face cream. Biodynamic® iris root extract in our Weleda Iris Hydrating Facial Lotion maintains your skin’s natural moisture balance, leaving your skin feeling supple and smooth. Balanced skin is further enhanced by organic jojoba seed oil in this all natural face cream, a hydrating emollient that nourishes and softens your skin. Soothing Biodynamic® and organic calendula flower extract in Weleda Iris Hydrating Facial Lotion soothes skin and provides a protective antiseptic barrier. Your skin feels silky smooth and balanced, with perfectly regulated moisture that lasts all day.   Product Size: 1 fl oz

Well stupid me will only be getting ONE item this month because I didn't like the choices other than the Bling shadow (I picked it in purple). Unfortunately I didn't realize by adding it and not selecting anything else that's ALL I'll be getting. I've emailed them and Facebooked them so hopefully they can fix it because I'll be pissed that I'm only getting ONE item this month.

Wait, you could get the eye shadow in different colors? Only choice I had was blue!!!

I hope they get the rest figured out for you!

They're fixing my account now. My choice was indeed purple which I love the color but also love that blue one you got.

Yay! Glad they could fix it!

I'm really interested in seeing what the purple turns out to be like. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I keep retaking the survey and it has come up with the blue, purple, and a color called morroco (brownish)....I haven't seen any other colors (I keep changing my age and keeping everything else the same).

I selected the madd skin moisturizer, strivectin wrinkle/mark fighter (I Hope it helps with a few of my stretch marks
rolleyes1.gif
), joico kpak, indie lee body scrub, the eyeshadow (purple this time), and the larocca exfoliating cream facial cleanser. I think these selections are okay but I'm not as excited about this months samples as last month and I retook the quiz at Least 10 times! I just wasn't feeling the dry hair shampoo or boob cream! I really wish they would let us see All of the products and select from them. That would make this subscription #1 in my book. I also wish they had the option to skip a month but maybe that will be an option in the future. I will see how March goes and if I'm not that thrilled I might cancel and resubscribe at a later time.

This will be my first box with Beauty Army so it will be interesting to see how it holds up against Birchbox.

I had to retake the quiz several times since my first batch of choices was..well..bad.  I wanted none of them.

I finally got a few choices I liked, and just randomly chose others:

blingtone eyeshadow (the blue one.  I'll likely just use it as a liner).

Indie Lee Shampoo (it says it's good for color treated, we'll see)

Cellceuticals SPF 55 (should come in handy in the summer. I burn fast)

Weleda Iris Facial Lotion (random pick for me)

Nia 24 UVA/UVB (random pick for me)

Defy Boob Tube (I laughed at the name)

I've yet to see any nail products.

Lol now that I think about it maybe I should have got the boob tube!  Is it supposed to help tone and firm up that area?  

Originally Posted by MakeupA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Lol now that I think about it maybe I should have got the boob tube!  Is it supposed to help tone and firm up that area?  

IDK but I LOVE the smell. got that in BB box.

I too was not overly impressed with the selections. I retook the quiz 4 times. It's the same stuff from last month only a different product. I'm not really looking into trying everything a line has to offer. I would like try different things from different lines altogether.

Me too, I retook the survey several times and the same stuff from last month. I wish you could see all sample available!

Originally Posted by Isabelsjewely /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Quote: Originally Posted by MakeupA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

IDK but I LOVE the smell. got that in BB box.

I too was not overly impressed with the selections. I retook the quiz 4 times. It's the same stuff from last month only a different product. I'm not really looking into trying everything a line has to offer. I would like try different things from different lines altogether.

There were a few things I was interested in. I'm getting the blingtone in blue which makes my whole subscription worth it since paying full price for it would cost more than that.

I don't understand why we are supporting a process where we have to take the test/quiz over and over and then cannot depend on the results. . . 

Well they reset my profile for me so I could get more samples BUT I'm now getting the blue Bling shadow instead of the purple one. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I really wanted that purple one.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Well they reset my profile for me so I could get more samples BUT I'm now getting the blue Bling shadow instead of the purple one. :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I really wanted that purple one.

Oh no! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I was looking forward to your thoughts on it too! :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I'm looking forward to the blue one. I loved the brown one in my box from last month. Who knows maybe next month it'll be an option as well and maybe then I'll get purple. lol

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I didn't get to see the strivectin neck. I'm jealous!! I didn't get to see that shrink to fit either. I will let you ladies know how the purple shadow works out. I picked cell extreme defense, boob tube, indie scrub, mad moist & stri eye. I also got blue shadow, cell cellgenius, indie shampoo, rocca face scrub, striv eye & weleda.

I wasn't impressed with my choices again, so I cancelled.  I have cancelled several things - gogogirlfriend, beauty army & my platinum box.  Hope some of the new subs are better!

Latest posts

Back