Beauty Army: June 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope that BeautyArmy has been paying attention enough to know not to use perfume as the mystery sample at least!  I hope they put a brand new item in that none of you gals has seen yet so it truly is another item, different from their current selections.

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I hope that BeautyArmy has been paying attention enough to know not to use perfume as the mystery sample at least!  I hope they put a brand new item in that none of you gals has seen yet so it truly is another item, different from their current selections.
That is what I was hoping they had up their sleeve, but I'm not going to depend on it! 

This is what they had to say regarding the mystery sample on their facebook:

""The sample is a total Mystery - even we don't know what the Shipping Team is going to place inside your Kit!"

So we will see. I could not find a 6th item I really wanted, lots of packets and one time use which is a bummer, so I thought what do I have to lose. I kept getting the dude wash offered over and over even though I did not pick a man item so I have to admit I am dreading this may be the surprise item since it appears they are trying to get those out there.

My thought is I will try and if it feels like something they are trying to get rid of(Dude Wash) than I just will not pick it again.

I wanna know what one of their huge boxes is gonna look like with tiny sample packets in it. Kind of makes a waste of space.

They emailed me back about my box and told me to change my options, duh. I have done it at least 50 times now. I did get a youngblood primer sample to come up but after being force fed it through sindulge I am a little turned off.

Also looks like the "mystery" item image is of a Dior gloss, they shouldn't use an image like that since they don't carry Dior. Could be a different brand but it looks like Diors packaging.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I wanna know what one of their huge boxes is gonna look like with tiny sample packets in it. Kind of makes a waste of space.

They emailed me back about my box and told me to change my options, duh. I have done it at least 50 times now. I did get a youngblood primer sample to come up but after being force fed it through sindulge I am a little turned off.

Also looks like the "mystery" item image is of a Dior gloss, they shouldn't use an image like that since they don't carry Dior. Could be a different brand but it looks like Diors packaging.
It's definitely dior, you can even see the DIOR up the side. 

They admitted it was Dior in the comments section and pointed out that Dior is not "enlisted" with Beauty Army. IMO, they need to replace that picture with something else.

100% agree. They could easily post a pic of an empty box and put a question mark or 7 on it.

Originally Posted by celiajuno /img/forum/go_quote.gif

They admitted it was Dior in the comments section and pointed out that Dior is not "enlisted" with Beauty Army. IMO, they need to replace that picture with something else.

Omfg. I had a YoungBlood mineral primer come up. I might shoot myself. *sindulgeflashback*

It's unfortunate that Sindulge ruined an awesome brand for a lot of us. I don't blame YB and will continue to use what I have from them but every time I see that darn primer I cringe. lol Should be called Crindulge.

Originally Posted by Caryatid /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Omfg. I had a YoungBlood mineral primer come up. I might shoot myself. *sindulgeflashback*

Crindulge, I love it!
laughno.gif

I don't get ba anymore (canceled in April) but had to add my 2 cents

Oh yeah -- I even am going to use my primer someday. But I sort of just felt a little wave of panic come over me...

I actually tried their hi-def finishing powder (in the right color, shock and awe) and it was not really the best, though.

I cant get anything good to show up, not even the mystery sample. Its either play with the quiz longer or skip yet another month for me...

I couldn't get anything to show up. I kept putting makeup, tools, eye area, and all natural. And still 4 fragrances, 2 men's products, and 3 others I wasn't interested in. 

SKIPPED!

I skipped too. She emailed me and told me to change my profile, I did 100 times and explained to her that I did and she never emailed me back so I decided to skip. If I can't find anything next month, I am canceling.

The inconsistencies are strange.

I posted this about two weeks ago as my selections.

1. Aquolina Pink Sugar Eau de Toilette Spray
  2. Rosie Jane Leila Lou
  3. Lucy B Pink Frangipani
  4. Ruddy Water Blushed fragrance pouch
  5. Control corrective Anti-wrinkle face and neck cream, 0.1 oz
  6. Mama Mio Tummy Rub, 1.7 oz
  7. Mad Skincare Eye Defense Shielding Serum, 0.13 oz
  8. Kellett Skincare Moisturizing Gel, 0.1 oz
  9. Atopalm Intensive Moisture Cream, 0.25 fl oz

I just did the quiz again and these are my current selections.

1. YOUNG BLOOD MINERAL PRIMER, 0.1 oz
  2. Control corrective Anti-wrinkle face and neck cream, 0.1 oz
  3. Kellett Skincare Moisturizing Gel, 0.1 oz
  4. Aquolina Pink Sugar Eau de Toilette Spray
  5. Atopalm Intensive Moisture Cream, 0.25 fl oz
  6. LA FRESH OIL-FREE FACE CLEANSER. 1 wipe
  7. Rosie Jane Leila Lou
  8. LUCY B WILD JASMINE, 0.1 oz
  9. KORRES BODY BUTTER GUAVA, 0.3 oz

So out of nine items only four are "new" to my profile and of course nothing I would pick. I'm lucky to have a Sephora down the street at the mall so I can get the perfume samples for free. I have Korres body butter in Jasmine already since I don't like Guava. I've tried the Kellett before. The only thing of any interest is the Young Blood primer BUT I'm not paying $12 just for a 0.1 oz sample.

I skipped this month as well. I got nothing but little packets and perfume to show up when I didnt even choose perfume. I was also given the choice of men products when I didnt choose men. Basically if I didnt pick it, it showed up. not going to spend $12 on little sample packets of products that I'm not even interested in.

How in the heck did people get NYX mascara to show up? I basically got all the same sample choices as Zadidoll and despite loving the black BA box, I don't think I wanna spend $12 for just that box.

i  just randomly checked my old account on the 1st and noticed that it still updates current selection samples.  saw the eye candy, so signed up immediately-for the third time.  only had to play around with a couple of more times, before i made final selections.  i guess i must have clocked in at just the right moment.

Mod note: I deleted your products because you were direct linking from Beauty Army. Also the copy and paste from Beauty Army included some form tags which might lead to a security breach with your account there. Please feel free to readd the images here.

I'm tempted to choose the same samples that keep showing up, just to get them out of my choices...I've never seen the same thing twice (that I received previously) so I'm thinking that maybe if I choose all perfume samples, I shouldn't be seeing as much of them in July. 

My selection begins tomorrow and it looks like I will be skipping again if these are the choices that are popping up. BA just keeps going further down to the bottom of my sample box favorites and if they did not have the "skip a month" option I would have cancelled a while ago.

Latest posts

Back