Beauty Army: November 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My selection window doesn't start until the 24th and the last 2 months none of the Shea Terra things have shown up and I couldn't get the balm last month either. BA is bumming me out lately :-( Hope this month is better..

Has anyone else received their Locked & Loaded Pigment sample yet? Oh my gosh, I was blown away by how TINY it is! Yes, they tell you right on the website it is 0.03oz and obviously a shadow isn't going to be that huge, but when you're selecting and they have it next to the lip balm they look similar in size, right? No way! My sample is seriously no bigger than the first joint on my pinky finger! And there is no seal, no sifter, so I can see myself either dropping this tiny bottle and spilling all of the product, or completely losing it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> While I am excited to try it out I will also certainly have to out it into a regular round jar like any other shadow because the little container it came in, while cute, is completely impractical. Also, probably the first sample of 3 months from BA I am genuinely disappointed by.

Has anyone else received their Locked & Loaded Pigment sample yet? Oh my gosh, I was blown away by how TINY it is! Yes, they tell you right on the website it is 0.03oz and obviously a shadow isn't going to be that huge, but when you're selecting and they have it next to the lip balm they look similar in size, right? No way! My sample is seriously no bigger than the first joint on my pinky finger! And there is no seal, no sifter, so I can see myself either dropping this tiny bottle and spilling all of the product, or completely losing it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> While I am excited to try it out I will also certainly have to out it into a regular round jar like any other shadow because the little container it came in, while cute, is completely impractical. Also, probably the first sample of 3 months from BA I am genuinely disappointed by.
Yeah. It's super duper tiny. My eye shadow brush can't even fit in it to pick up the product. When I try to pour some out, I always end up over pouring! I also chose the aphrodite powder sample. I'm planning on putting that in a bigger empty mineral pot since I got 2 of those samples (from previous box) so I can pour the eyeshadow powder in that pot instead =

Originally Posted by juraseka /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's lame. Can you post a picture?

Hi Gorgeous, The Shea Terra Pumpkin Butter is under the 'Body' category in your Beauty Profile. This is a limited quantity sample which is selling out very early each day.  •Nancy-Lee, community Director, BeautyARMY[dot]com

I have yet to get my November box but one of my picks is the Locked & Loaded. Some indy company actually go by teaspoon rather than actual weight because it's a small amount of product. If your concerns about the product spilling if you have a Sephora go pick up a sifter for $3 or order from TKB (4 for $2.50 $2.25 I think).

http://www.sephora.com/powder-jar-with-sifter-P0424?skuId=287094

http://www.tkbtrading.com/item.php?item_id=406&category_id=38

I buy so many samples that come in baggies that I buy containers from Hobby Lobby and Michael's but these don't come with sifters.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have yet to get my November box but one of my picks is the Locked & Loaded. Some indy company actually go by teaspoon rather than actual weight because it's a small amount of product. If your concerns about the product spilling if you have a Sephora go pick up a sifter for $3 or order from TKB (4 for $2.50 $2.25 I think).

http://www.sephora.com/powder-jar-with-sifter-P0424?skuId=287094

http://www.tkbtrading.com/item.php?item_id=406&category_id=38

I buy so many samples that come in baggies that I buy containers from Hobby Lobby and Michael's but these don't come with sifters.
Thanks for the advice! I actually AM looking for smaller containers with shifters so I can take my mineral foundation with me without having to carry the huge container it comes in... And of course having one for this shadow! I will look into those links :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Quote: Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That's lame. Can you post a picture?

That's not bad actually. Let's put this into perspective.

The Locked & Loaded is 0.03 oz. Now for comparison two shadows I have - one came from Ipsy and one I bought at Target.

The  is 0.035 oz (1 gram) while the E.L.F. is 0.02 oz less than 1 gram but the container is larger. E.L.F. shadow is 0.02 ounce which is about a 1/2 gram (0.056 699 046 25 gram). So the E.L.F. container is less product in a bigger jar.

S.A.L.T.Y. shadow against Glamour Doll Eyes sample baggie (0.5 gram). I'm getting the same amount from my sample as I am from ELF except it's in a baggie instead of a huge jar.

Glamour Doll Eyes' Veteran (full size) in a sifter jar so it has between 1.5 gram to 2 grams (in a 5 gram jar) vs Fyrinnae's Bite Me 3 grams (full size) in a 5 gram jar (no sifter) and on the right is the S.A.L.T.Y. which is 0.035 oz (1 gram). This makes the Fyrinnae the most by triple the SALTY yet it's in the same size container. The one from Beauty Army is 0.03 oz (just slightly less than 1 gram).

So while the Beauty Army jar is tiny once you put it into perspective it's a good size for a sample. It's virtually the same amount as the one from Ipsy and MORE than the ELF FULL SIZE jar. The ELF container is far larger than any of the other jars yet it has the least amount of product.

http://www.onlineconversion.com/weight_all.htm

E.L.F (full size) 0.02 oz 0.5 gram (0.566 990 462 5 gram) S.A.L.T.Y (full size?) 0.035 oz 1 gram (0.992 233 309 38 gram) Fyrinnae (full size) 0.11 oz (0.105 821 885 85 ounce) 3 grams Glamour Doll Eyes (full size) 0.05 oz - 0.07 oz 1.5 - 2 grams Locked + Loaded (sample size) 0.03 oz 0.85 gram (0.850 485 693 75 gram)

About the eyeshadow. I completely understand it is a reasonable sample size, and the jar is cute, but i just feel it is impractical for a loose eyeshadow, since it is not something you can just dip your brush into. That's just my opinion and I didn't mean to start anything, i just prefer round jars to bottles for loose pigment and i was, at first, disappointed by the LOOK of this sample. Thanks for the input though and im sure once i put into a round jar i will feel silly for complaining because it IS a large sample size

About the eyeshadow. I completely understand it is a reasonable sample size, and the jar is cute, but i just feel it is impractical for a loose eyeshadow, since it is not something you can just dip your brush into. That's just my opinion and I didn't mean to start anything, i just prefer round jars to bottles for loose pigment and i was, at first, disappointed by the LOOK of this sample. Thanks for the input though and im sure once i put into a round jar i will feel silly for complaining because it IS a large sample size
Yeah I do agree it seems difficult to use. I need to get some empty jars. How is the color, by the way?

Originally Posted by katie danielle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah I do agree it seems difficult to use. I need to get some empty jars. How is the color, by the way?
The color seems pretty good. I'm HORRIBLE at taking swtch pictures so hopefully this is ok...

But this picture is with one quick swipe of the pigment, so you probably could build it and and make it darker to your liking. I do think it is "universally flattering" as BA suggests :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by WanderlustinWA /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Me too!  We're pick day twins :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Actually mine started today but couldn't get what I wanted lol so I decided to be patient and wait one more day lol ^^

(I went to Seattle once it's such a wonderful city I loved it ^^)

The full-sized version of that shadow doesn't appear to be much better!  The full-sized version looks like it may very well just be taller than the sample.  Same jar diameter, same cap.  I use similar vials for perfume oil, so I do have reducer plugs that can probably be used as sifters, but, yeesh, poor packaging design for both the sample and the full-sized versions.

I say if you hate the container just switch it out. I've had to do the same with any sample I get that's a baggie.

I got my beauty army box today and wow...amazing!!

The Shea Terra Pumpkin Gingerbread body butter smells so amazing....its so delicious smelling I could eat it.

I had never tried anything from their brand but this is really good its very smooth and soft on my hands without being oily/slippery. 

Not sure if anyone has had Flan (a hispanic dessert) or Creme Brulee but this stuff smells exactly like that.

Back