Beauty Box 5 - April

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am not 100% sure if this will fit the MUG pans but on BF Beauties (I've ordered from them, they're based in Hong Kong) you can get a single pan palette for $3.99. The two pan empty case palette from MAC is $7.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I am not 100% sure if this will fit the MUG pans but on BF Beauties (I've ordered from them, they're based in Hong Kong) you can get a single pan palette for $3.99. The two pan empty case palette from MAC is $7.
Awesome! Thanks! 
biggrin.gif

The MUG pan shadows are only $5.99 while the compacts are $7.99. The Freeman full size mask is $3.99. The LA Fresh wipe is only 42 cents based on the fact a box of 48 costs $19.99. Supergoop wipe is $1.25 based on a pack of 8 costing $10 (less if you consider that the 8 pack were on sale at Sephora.com for $5 for a few months. The foil packet.... depending on how you view it can be a few cents or zero. Basically the box this month came to at least $11.65.
I figured mine to be equal to 12.53 because the Supergoop wipes sell 10 for $10. And the Pur-lisse was worth over $4. Either way Im still pissed. I canceled. 

So I posted my full-review with swatches of the eyeshadow I got (Shimma Shimma) and compared it to my Mary Lou-Manizer. I think they could have at least given us the eyeshadow with the compact. Now I have a random pan just hanging out ready to make a mess of my eyeshadow station. But seriously all the samples were satchels? They moved backwards. I'd resubscribe in the future if the boxes get better. But for now, no way am I getting another month with them.

http://mesjoiesdevivre.blogspot.com/2012/04/beauty-box-5-april-2012.html

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

So I posted my full-review with swatches of the eyeshadow I got (Shimma Shimma) and compared it to my Mary Lou-Manizer. I think they could have at least given us the eyeshadow with the compact. Now I have a random pan just hanging out ready to make a mess of my eyeshadow station. But seriously all the samples were satchels? They moved backwards. I'd resubscribe in the future if the boxes get better. But for now, no way am I getting another month with them.

Revision to what I posted above in regards to the price.

1. Freeman mask: $1.99 not $3.99. When the other poster said it was full size I thought it was the 6 oz tube not the sachet.
  2. Supergoop: $1.62 based on the 21-ct box of wipes for $34. I was basing it off the price of the pull out packets (think baby wipes).
  3. LA Fresh: 50 cents based on the fact you can get two for $1 from LA Fresh.
  4. Makeup Geek pan shadow: $5.99
  5. Pur-liss: $4.53 if you base it off the weight (1.7 oz / 0.14 oz = 12.14285714285714. $55 / 12.14285714285714 = $4.529411764705883)

Total value of box: $14.66 (high, includes Pur-lisse) or $10.13 (low, excludes Pur-lisse)

BTW Does the Pur-Liss, LA Fresh or Supergoop have an expiration date? I have those three... actually all four... from other companies but I realized that SPF does spoil so check for expiration dates where possible.

Omg, I just got my box today, and I am absolutely LIVID.  I usually don't feel ripped off by sub companies, but in this instance I totally do.  I was savoring the excitement of opening it later in the day as I usually like to do with my boxes so I can remember to incorporate whatever I get in them in my nightly routine.  I opened the box, and my jaw dropped.  I received almost the same contents as snllama, except in replace of the makeup geek eyeshadow pan (I was SO excited to get one), I received the rosebud salve (which I cannot use because it's petrolatum based) which I understand they featured in their first box.  So, if anyone who likes Rosebud Salve would like to trade for a MUG eyeshadow (the great part is it will be an even trade $-wise) PM me please.  I am not picky on colors.

I signed up for 3 months for $30 because I thought that was a fairly good deal and I like to give subs 3 months anyways before I cancel.  I just cannot believe that 90% of my box was just one time use satchets (I could maybe get an extra use or two out of the freeman scrub).  I also hate the fact that they send leftovers.  My March box contained mostly leftovers as well with that Weleda skincare sample that expires in April (they said end of April but some people have said beginning of april - I am so confused lol - all I know is it says 04/12 on it).  I hope I can cancel before I get charged another $30 because there is no way in heck I would even pay $5 to get this box.  I would rather have another Birchbox or Beauty Army box for the moneyt (lol- I already have 2 of them though - I'm soo horrible). 

I really *hate* when companies decide to disable their FB comment wall as a way to hide user feedback.  That seems super shady to me.  I think it is a good feature and plus the company can get free feedback.  I actually think Beauty Box 5 is starting to look like Platinum Box in a way, and I think eventually we'll start getting junk not even worth $2. 

If anyone is thinking of subscribing to this company - don't!!  I don't foresee the boxes getting any better at all - but I hope they prove me wrong because I'll have to go through feeling pissed off again next month.

Omg, I just got my box today, and I am absolutely LIVID.  I usually don't feel ripped off by sub companies, but in this instance I totally do.  I was savoring the excitement of opening it later in the day as I usually like to do with my boxes so I can remember to incorporate whatever I get in them in my nightly routine.  I opened the box, and my jaw dropped.  I received almost the same contents as snllama, except in replace of the makeup geek eyeshadow pan (I was SO excited to get one), I received the rosebud salve (which I cannot use because it's petrolatum based) which I understand they featured in their first box.  So, if anyone who likes Rosebud Salve would like to trade for a MUG eyeshadow (the great part is it will be an even trade $-wise) PM me please.  I am not picky on colors. I signed up for 3 months for $30 because I thought that was a fairly good deal and I like to give subs 3 months anyways before I cancel.  I just cannot believe that 90% of my box was just one time use satchets (I could maybe get an extra use or two out of the freeman scrub).  I also hate the fact that they send leftovers.  My March box contained mostly leftovers as well with that Weleda skincare sample that expires in April (they said end of April but some people have said beginning of april - I am so confused lol - all I know is it says 04/12 on it).  I hope I can cancel before I get charged another $30 because there is no way in heck I would even pay $5 to get this box.  I would rather have another Birchbox or Beauty Army box for the moneyt (lol- I already have 2 of them though - I'm soo horrible).  I really *hate* when companies decide to disable their FB comment wall as a way to hide user feedback.  That seems super shady to me.  I think it is a good feature and plus the company can get free feedback.  I actually think Beauty Box 5 is starting to look like Platinum Box in a way, and I think eventually we'll start getting junk not even worth $2.  If anyone is thinking of subscribing to this company - don't!!  I don't foresee the boxes getting any better at all - but I hope they prove me wrong because I'll have to go through feeling pissed off again next month.
Don't even get me started on Platinum Box... When I FINALLY got my box (2 months late) they sent me a men's box...

Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Wow. Based on what I read on MUT, I believe that I am easy to please when it comes to sample subscriptions. But this one is not okay for the price. I would love to try the MUG shadows, but nothing else is even a deluxe sample.

Burlesque was the color and it said it was a refill.

Those who got the MUG shadows was it the pans or the compacts? What color did you get? PICTURES PEOPLE! PICTURES! lol

Originally Posted by makeupgooroo8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Burlesque was the color and it said it was a refill.

Quote: Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Those who got the MUG shadows was it the pans or the compacts? What color did you get? PICTURES PEOPLE! PICTURES! lol

That is pretty.

Originally Posted by quene8106 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

55728a2c8d4811e1abb01231381b65e3_7.jpg

So that's what was in my box. Meh.  I cancelled. 
SAME! - so lame. and they charged me for next month yesterday when i got the box...so i don't really know what to do about that.

Originally Posted by Fluttershy /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I also hate the fact that they send leftovers.  My March box contained mostly leftovers as well with that Weleda skincare sample that expires in April (they said end of April but some people have said beginning of april - I am so confused lol - all I know is it says 04/12 on it). 
YEAH! I threw that stuff away bc i never got the chance to use it - I didnt want to use it once april got here and i literally only had a little over a week to use it before April 1st. 

Originally Posted by beautyfool /img/forum/go_quote.gif

SAME! - so lame. and they charged me for next month yesterday when i got the box...so i don't really know what to do about that.
Oh no..... I really hope that doesn't happen to me! I just checked my account and it says status: cancel but then it says "Your beauty box will ship May 15th" 

If I were you I would call them up, they should be able to get you a refund! 

I called them this morning to ask why people were being charged before the 15th.  She said that now everyone is charged on the original day they signed up.  So everyone who signed up on the 24th of any month will be charged the 24th of the month before the next bag comes out.  I signed up on the 11th, so she said I would be charged May 11th.  I thought this was strange, because it seems weird to not be charged after the 1st of each month.

and...this month has pushed me to cancel.  I just hope they send my May box because I did pay for 3 months.  I am actually going to cut half of my subscriptions between now and the end of the week...I just did an inventory, and I have more skincare than I could ever handle and barely any makeup (which is why I signed up for these things).  I also really love hair care products too but I find that those samples are very few, far and in between as well.

Oh, and you will not believe this...I do not know if you heard of an eco-friendly box called Goodebox, but they sent me THE SAME EXACT WELEDA SAMPLES THAT EXPIRE IN 04/12 in a box I received today.  What a joke of a company like BB5.  That made me ABSOLUTELY LIVID!  Someone posted on their facebook about it as any good concerned person would, and they replied that Weleda supposedly authorizes using the products up to 6 months after the best by date because the samples are in an airtight seal so they won't oxidize (which is the reason the active ingredients in samples go bad).  I just think it reflects badly on both companies because people may just get angry, end up throwing out the samples, and canceling the subscription if they aren't informed of that.

Looks like I'm getting my last one May 15th too. I kind of got the impression that the business owners were either men or a 'Made in China'  type outfit or a young newbie business owner who got a loan from daddy to jump into the hot monthly sub business . I say that because they're so impersonal.  Their facebook page has generic stock makeup images and there doesn't seem to be much interaction or communication with their customers. They just have a flat feel. At first I just gave them the benefit of the doubt because they're a new business. I hope it's just a inexperienced young business owner that will learn from her mistakes.

Back