Beauty Box 5- June 2012

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got my second box today!

I had purchased the 3 month option (saves you $6) and after last months underwhelming box I canceled, but I still had two boxes left. Then I got this months box, and I am thinking about re-subscribing. 

Blinc Eyeliner , black - 0.02 oz ($2.60)

"Summer just got a little better with this water resistant, no smudge, easy to remove eyeliner that wont run or flake." Retail 0.2 oz $26"

It is very thick,  easy to apply,  and glides on smooth, I just need some practice on applying it better because I usually use crayon and felt eyeliner. 

The All Natural Face Vegan Mineral Eyeshadow (Orange Ice Storm)- 0.07 oz ($3.50)

"Use these versatile, non irratating, vegan, mineral eyeshadows wet or dry to accent your beautiful eyes" Retail .07 oz $3.50"

This also came with a cheap applicator and a discount code for 20% off (www.theallnaturalface.com discount code:BEAUTY). I used it dry and love it! I'm all about shimmer and its a perfect color for the beach. I bet it will look awesome wet for a night look too.I also like the very short, 3 ingredient list- Mica, Magnesium Myristate, and Boron Nitride. I will probably be purchasing another color of their eyeshadow.

Blum Naturals Oil Absorbing Facial Tissues- 50 sheets ($2.99)

"Keep shiny summer skin at bay (and leave your makeup in tact) with these powder free, oil absorbing facial tissues. Retail 50 sheets $2.99"

I'm not an oily person (very dry skin) so I wont use these, but they seem to be your typical oil blotting tissues. I will be giving these away.

Every Day Minerals Girl Friday Blush- 0.06oz ($3.87)

"These mineral based blushes add the perfect natural kiss of color for that fresh-faced, feminine summer look. Retail .17oz $10.99"

I love this color and l like the mineral blush, you don't need much to get a nice kick of color in your cheeks. It goes on very well and works great with my dry skin. 

Comodyness Easy Peeling-1 Towelette ($1.62)

"Eliminate Dead cells, deep clean pores and leave your skin feeling soft, smooth and renewed with these double duty exfoliating towelettes. Retail 8 pack $12.99"

I have not tried this yet, I look forward to trying it though. On the directions it is for all skin types. And to use you just massage onto dry skin and do not rinse. 

If my math is correct the box is worth around $14.58, not a whole lot more then the box costs but I got to try some nice products.

I like BB5.  I don't see why it is not more popular.  My second BB5 was not so good - mostly single packets.  But, other than that one, I have liked them a lot.  They say that each month you will receive four to five samples, but I don't think I have ever received less than five samples.  And, they are always makeup and skin care, which is what I like the best.  And, it only costs $12.00.  So, I think it is a good deal.

I like them as well. I've found out about great companies and products through this box - I've already bought full-sizes of Weleda, Priti NYC Soy Nail wipes, Merlot cream and another rosebud salve. I am also excited for this makeup box - lots to experiment with and try. 

i haven't. I tried emailing them and sending them a message in facebook. No response... on my account, it said it would ship on the 15th.

Originally Posted by Beautyboxgal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I like BB5.  I don't see why it is not more popular.  My second BB5 was not so good - mostly single packets.  But, other than that one, I have liked them a lot.  They say that each month you will receive four to five samples, but I don't think I have ever received less than five samples.  And, they are always makeup and skin care, which is what I like the best.  And, it only costs $12.00.  So, I think it is a good deal.
The products simply are not up to par with Birchbox, Sample Society or Beauty Army and they don't really have any perks like BB, SS or BA. It's not terribly bad it's just not up to par with other more popular ones.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The products simply are not up to par with Birchbox, Sample Society or Beauty Army and they don't really have any perks like BB, SS or BA. It's not terribly bad it's just not up to par with other more popular ones.
OK thanks Zadi :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I just received the July box. They were sent out late according to an e-mail I got from them. Here is what I got:

1. Blinc mascara 0.21 oz.

2. Hollyren false eyelashes 1 pair

3. Bodyography makeup primer 1 oz.

4. Spongeables "Pedi-Scrub Foot Buffer" - sponge with some product in it that is supposed to cleanse, moisturize, exfoliate and massage the feet

Originally Posted by cloudyskyblue /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just received the July box. They were sent out late according to an e-mail I got from them. Here is what I got:

(See spoiler above.)
I received the same box yesterday, and I liked it.  If you don't want product #4 above, I will be happy to trade for it.  However, I was thinking that they may have to change the name of the box to Beauty Box 4.

Back