Beauty Box 5 - March

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by snllama /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Im excited to get my BB5! I hope it gets better. On their fb page they were commenting that everyone would be super happy with the value of the box. So we shall see. I hope I get mine this week!

Although it is completely irritating that they do not provide tracking numbers.

It is irritating.  I wish they did more hints.

I agree! The polish remover wipes are great!! and I accidentally found out that a single wipe can be reused without drying out!

I got some new nail polish so I was switching colors every other day last week. I used the wipes once, stuffed it back in the towelette pocket, tossed it in my polish box and forgot to throw it away. A couple days later, I wanted to switch polishes and was desperate for remover, so I picked up the old packet and was surprised that it was still moist with the oily remover.. I tucked it away again after use and tested it for a 3rd time a few days later with no problems!

That is awesome! I might have to invest in some then, if you can get multiple uses for it!

Originally Posted by awan0912 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I agree! The polish remover wipes are great!! and I accidentally found out that a single wipe can be reused without drying out!

I got some new nail polish so I was switching colors every other day last week. I used the wipes once, stuffed it back in the towelette pocket, tossed it in my polish box and forgot to throw it away. A couple days later, I wanted to switch polishes and was desperate for remover, so I picked up the old packet and was surprised that it was still moist with the oily remover.. I tucked it away again after use and tested it for a 3rd time a few days later with no problems!

Came home and my box was waiting! (They ship from the Dallas area and I live just south of Houston, so I'm fairly close). Anyway this is what I got

Becca Eye Tint in Baroque .24 fl. oz. $24.00

Lavera #2 brown eyeliner .04oz (full size) $14.50

Freeman Mask Anti-Stres/Dead Sea Minerals $1 ($2??)

Lavera Mango Milk care Treatment for colored hair (I have highlights)  .5oz $1.50

pÅ«r-lisse pÅ«r-delicate gentle soy milk cleanser (I have sensitive skin) 1.7oz $10.93 

Average value is about $52

Have to say this is the first box of all that I've subscribed to, that actually sent items based on my profile. 

Originally Posted by AndreaW /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Came home and my box was waiting! (They ship from the Dallas area and I live just south of Houston, so I'm fairly close). Anyway this is what I got

Becca Eye Tint in Baroque .24 fl. oz. $24.00

Lavera #2 brown eyeliner .04oz (full size) $14.50

Freeman Mask Anti-Stres/Dead Sea Minerals $1 ($2??)

Lavera Mango Milk care Treatment for colored hair (I have highlights)  .5oz $1.50

pÅ«r-lisse pÅ«r-delicate gentle soy milk cleanser (I have sensitive skin) 1.7oz $10.93 

Average value is about $52

Have to say this is the first box of all that I've subscribed to, that actually sent items based on my profile. 

Wow, that sounds pretty good (minus the freeman mask, freeman burns my skin every time). Two make up items? People might be flocking to bb5, hehe. I already canceled and can't go back though, stupid budget. 

I keep wanting to try this and Look Bag but there is no possible way I can have another beauty sub. lol. 
icon_lol.gif

I finally got around to trying the self tanner.  I am super pale and don't really care to look tan but thought I would try it on my pasty winter legs.  It gave a small bit of color, not too dark.  Very natural!
I remember the Rosebud Salve, the Weleda day and night creams, a self-tanning packet from Comodynes (which I gave to my eldest daughter) and there was one other packet... nail polish remover I think.

I got mine today and it was almost the same as yours last month (this is my first) except I didn't get the salve and instead got the eyeliner and the put-lisse facial cleanser. I'm uploading a video this evening.

I'm pretty disappointed in mine as they're one of those sample companies that send new members last month's leftovers.  I received the Weleda Hydrating Day / Night cream set that expires in 04/2012!!!!!!  That expiration date really infuriates me.  They should not be sending products that have that soon of an expiration date to their customers - very poor business practice.
Other things I received:
Lavera Trend Eye Pencil in No.2
Pur~Lisse - pur-delicate cleanser and makeup remover

Packet of Comodynes self-tanning

Packet of Priti NYC Soy Nail Polish Remover Wipe

I am most excited about the Pur~lisse product and the nail polish remover wipe.  The eye pencil would have been great had it been in any other color but the brown that was given (I have this thing about hating brown eye pencils).  I guess I did get my money's worth even without the Weleda samples that have made me ever so outraged by their expiration dates.  I signed up for 3 months for $30 just because I thought it was a good deal.  I probably won't extend past the 3 months because I don't have respect for a company that is willing to send near expired products to its customers.

Wohoo. Im excited to see what I get then! Glad to see they shipped out on time. 

I wouldn't mind trying the anti-stress mask. Im a ball of nerves and anytime any product says anti-stress Im sold.

They just charged me yesterday for the April box, I'm guessing. Kinda pissed cause I didn't want April, I was going to cancel after I received March's box but considering they wait until the middle of the month to ship that got all smashed together. I'm still not liking this service too much. They still haven't replied to my e-mails I sent back when I first joined; like 2-4 weeks ago? & My beauty profile still says I'm blonde. Ugh.

That's the problem, I was waiting until I got my March box to cancel & since I haven't received it yet I didn't cancel. The new charges occurred before I was able to cancel so it looks like I'm in line for April's box but just sent them a message to cancel to hopefully there won't be any more boxes after that.

Originally Posted by eclipsechick08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's the problem, I was waiting until I got my March box to cancel & since I haven't received it yet I didn't cancel. The new charges occurred before I was able to cancel so it looks like I'm in line for April's box but just sent them a message to cancel to hopefully there won't be any more boxes after that.

Maybe they'll refund you...I canceled the day they shipped out the boxes, or claimed to since we don't get confirmations.

Maybe they'll refund you...I canceled the day they shipped out the boxes, or claimed to since we don't get confirmations.
Maybe. I wouldn't mind that at all. I just didn't think they would charge so soon, you know? Kinda figured they would transition you to a 'beginning of the month' charge like most everyone else. Especially since they don't ship until the 15th.

Originally Posted by eclipsechick08 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Maybe. I wouldn't mind that at all. I just didn't think they would charge so soon, you know? Kinda figured they would transition you to a 'beginning of the month' charge like most everyone else. Especially since they don't ship until the 15th.

Yeah, I figured everyone did first of the month, too.

I just got my box and I have to say I'm much happier with this one than I was with the first one.

1. Lavera - Mango Milk Care Treatment for coloured hair  (which I do have)
  2. BECCA - Eye Tint in Pewter (it's definitely brown though so idk)
  3. pur~lisse - pur~delicate gentle soy milk cleanser and makeup remover
  4. Freeman - Facial Anti-stress mask Dead Sea Minerals (I know people are sick of their stuff but this is only my 2nd beauty sub box ever and first thing of theirs so I'm happy with it)
  5. Lavera - Trend Sensitiv No. 2 Eyeliner with organic beeswax and organic palm oil

Originally Posted by ageofanxiety /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just got my box and I have to say I'm much happier with this one than I was with the first one.

1. Lavera - Mango Milk Care Treatment for coloured hair  (which I do have)
  2. BECCA - Eye Tint in Pewter (it's definitely brown though so idk)
  3. pur~lisse - pur~delicate gentle soy milk cleanser and makeup remover
  4. Freeman - Facial Anti-stress mask Dead Sea Minerals (I know people are sick of their stuff but this is only my 2nd beauty sub box ever and first thing of theirs so I'm happy with it)
  5. Lavera - Trend Sensitiv No. 2 Eyeliner with organic beeswax and organic palm oil
Ugh! I'm canceling my subscription if that's what's in it! 

Back