Beauty Box 5 - March

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
According to their fb, the March boxes go out tomorrow. No hints but they added new brands to their site.

When I log into my account, it reads that my box will go out April 15th. Does anyone else have that?

I plan on canceling after this box. I finally have narrowed down my subs & this one didn't make the cut.

Yeah they all say Apr 15th. Its like last month's said march 15th, it seems like a website coding issue. This will be my last month with bb5 no matter what. I'm narrowing down my subs, and they just aren't on par with the likes of sample society. 

I agree. No comparision really.

Your right, I forgot about the date being ahead. All these subs are bluring together. Which subs are you keeping?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah they all say Apr 15th. Its like last month's said march 15th, it seems like a website coding issue. This will be my last month with bb5 no matter what. I'm narrowing down my subs, and they just aren't on par with the likes of sample society. 

I'm keeping birchbox because it is annual, sample society, and beauty army. 

POSSIBLY the look bag, depending on this month. If I keep the look bag, I might cancel beauty army, but I love them despite their lack of variety.

I'm keeping bb, ss, julep & blissmo. I was going to keep beauty army until glossybox was out but I'm not sure now. We got spoiled w/ the eye shadow

Based on what I saw, it looked like ba got some new things in. I'll see how my sample picking on Friday goes and then decide. 

I think I will end up cancelling BB5.  I don't love their website and their marketing could use work.  I don't really have any complaints about them, just not wowed compared to others.  

I am with everyone on this one. If this month's box is good I might stay another month. On their FB they were saying people will be getting different things this time.

With the exception of the rosebud salve, I honeslty can't even remeber what came in the february box. I know I have the samples laying around somewhere, but thats how little they stood out to me. idk, not 12 dollar worthy for me, most likely.

I with you on this... I believe we received the Weleda.. which expires 04/12..?!.. and is for dry skin... my skin is combo/oily... does me no good.  I do like the Rosebud Salve though.  I'll see how htis month goes, but will probably keep The Look Bag over this one.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

With the exception of the rosebud salve, I honeslty can't even remeber what came in the february box. I know I have the samples laying around somewhere, but thats how little they stood out to me. idk, not 12 dollar worthy for me, most likely.
I remember the Rosebud Salve, the Weleda day and night creams, a self-tanning packet from Comodynes (which I gave to my eldest daughter) and there was one other packet... nail polish remover I think.

I finally got around to trying the self tanner.  I am super pale and don't really care to look tan but thought I would try it on my pasty winter legs.  It gave a small bit of color, not too dark.  Very natural!

As much as I wish it was a knockout sub service, this does make it a bit easier to whittle down the subscriptions.  $10, $12, $19.99 here and there sure adds up!  I'm ALWAYS afraid that the one month I cancel will be the month that it is crazy amazing.  They are a new company, so maybe it'll get better.  I'll hold out for another couple of months I think.  I suppose I could go the route of other members and watch the boards to see what everyone gets and then if it's a great product go ahead a buy samples from ebay, but I kind of love the idea of getting such great values in the boxes . . . Decisions, decisions.

I just looked on the site. Im assuming the new 6 brands are the products in this months box. If I get a Freeman mask as the full size product I am canceling. I might cancel anyways because I want makeup samples, not skin care! I love skincare but I am getting wayyy too many to try now!

Originally Posted by sweetiegirlll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As much as I wish it was a knockout sub service, this does make it a bit easier to whittle down the subscriptions.  $10, $12, $19.99 here and there sure adds up!  I'm ALWAYS afraid that the one month I cancel will be the month that it is crazy amazing.  They are a new company, so maybe it'll get better.  I'll hold out for another couple of months I think.  I suppose I could go the route of other members and watch the boards to see what everyone gets and then if it's a great product go ahead a buy samples from ebay, but I kind of love the idea of getting such great values in the boxes . . . Decisions, decisions.
I'm right there with you. While this box will be my second month once I get it I'll know for sure if I'm canceling or giving them the third month to try.

Even if this month's box is really good, this one is getting canceled as soon as I receive my 2nd box, and Look Bag got canceled today, too.  None of them can measure up to BB (and so far, SS) for me. :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Amen to that! As nice as there is to have a choice in companies let's face it... the vast majority of them are working with the EXACT same companies as the next one but none are offering anything close to what Birchbox offers.

I agree that I don't need more skincare stuff, so I have decided that if there isn't any make up product I will cancel.  If there is at least one make up item, I will stay!

I finally got around to trying those Priti NYC soy nail polish remover wipe things, and I really like them a lot! It took off my nail polish, even glitter, with no problem, it smelled nice, and didn't burn like my normal cheapo stuff. I looked it up on their website to see how much they would cost, and it would be $10 for 10 of 'em! Gaah. No thanks. Can't affford that right now.

Im excited to get my BB5! I hope it gets better. On their fb page they were commenting that everyone would be super happy with the value of the box. So we shall see. I hope I get mine this week!

Although it is completely irritating that they do not provide tracking numbers.

Latest posts

Back