Beauty Box 5

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only time I contacted BB5's customer service was when I asked to cancel my month-to-month subscription. They were really lovely about it, which I appreciated and I sometimes wonder if I made a mistake in cancelling. Well, I do until I a see an unboxing and then it's like, yep, glad I cancelled... I'm also HUGELY relieved I didn't cave and order the high end box. I would have been disappointed.

All of that said, I could totally use a super skinny product spatula...

Thanks for the nail polish thinner tips @hipsterhippo. I'm definitely going to pick some up. :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks for the tips. I didn't know that about not using polish remover. We tried adding some of my manicurist's polish thinner but the color just separated even worse (it looked and smelled like regular remover). I think it was either really, really old or really, really defective. And it was the perfect mauve-rose shade for fall, so I was extra disappointed. I'm on a mission to find the shade now from a different brand. I've come close with a new L'Oreal I snagged at CVS.

I use nail polish thinner to revive/save polishes that have gone all goopy and thick. It's about $5 or so for a bottle at Sally Beauty Supply that will last a long time. Don't use acetone or nail polish remover, because it'll screw up the polish in the long run, the thinner has the right mix of solvents to thin out the polish. It comes in really handy for those thick glitter polishes that always seem to be so goopy and hard to use.

reactivateaccount.115514.png

It's time to break up with your split ends and rock some seriously restored locks in November! Every box we send out this month will contain a full-size Macadamia Moisturizing Shine Oil by of one of BB5 subscribers' all-time most-loved brands: HASK! Hello, healthy hair for all!

Last edited by a moderator:
reactivateaccount.115514.png

It's time to break up with your split ends and rock some seriously restored locks in November!

Every box we send out this month will contain a full-size Macadamia Moisturizing Shine Oil by of one of BB5 subscribers' all-time most-loved brands: HASK! Hello, healthy hair for all!
I am so excited for this!! This really makes the box for me, they could even send me a black eyeliner (which I despise, and I'm receiving two via Ipsy and Glossybox this month) and I'd be happy! Squeeee! Thanks for posting!

I am not at all exited about this one. I have very thick curly ringlet type hair that requires a very specific type of product not to turn into ball of frizz. I am willing to try new things on my hair, but a deluxe sample is far more appropriate. For me, it will moat likely be a waste, since not one oil I've ever tried has been a match for my hair. Oh well, can't all be winning boxes.

This oil probably won't work for my curly hair either, sigh. Hopefully the rest of the box is a better match for me. 

Really excited about this! I loved the Hask hair mask they sent out a few months ago, so looking forward to trying this too.

I got my box today. Honestly, I think this month's box is pretty blah.

The hair oil, I am happy about. And for those worried about waste re it being a full sized product...it is only 18 ML, or 5/8ths of an ounce. So a good sized sample, but not a giant bottle to waste, if you don't like it.

The refillable bottle is cute...I never travel, so it won't get use in that way, but I'll use it for something!

The Dentek flossers....boring. I like the travel case but...I mean, it's dental floss.

The Dove body wash...will be used, but boring.

The Laura Ashley body butter...who knew that Laura Ashley did beauty stuff? I like the size, but am not crazy about the scent. It's kind of thin for a body butter, but I'll use it on my wintery feet.

Overall, a snooze box for me...I'd have liked a makeup item or something colorful!

I got my box today. Honestly, I think this month's box is pretty blah.

The hair oil, I am happy about. And for those worried about waste re it being a full sized product...it is only 18 ML, or 5/8ths of an ounce. So a good sized sample, but not a giant bottle to waste, if you don't like it.

The refillable bottle is cute...I never travel, so it won't get use in that way, but I'll use it for something!

The Dentek flossers....boring. I like the travel case but...I mean, it's dental floss.

The Dove body wash...will be used, but boring.

The Laura Ashley body butter...who knew that Laura Ashley did beauty stuff? I like the size, but am not crazy about the scent. It's kind of thin for a body butter, but I'll use it on my wintery feet.

Overall, a snooze box for me...I'd have liked a makeup item or something colorful!
Yeah...it doesn't look like there's much room for any variation this month, which is kinda sad.

Yeah...it doesn't look like there's much room for any variation this month, which is kinda sad.
Mmhmm. I kind of wish that the travel bottle and the flossers  hadnt been in the same month...I kind of like the usual trend of 1 tool, 1 makeup item, 1 hair item, 1 body item, etc. Oh well :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

On YouTube, I saw one variation. Some of the boxes contain a Loreal nail polish. Also, not too exciting. I have a yearly sub so I'm locked in. I think I'm only paying something like $7 a box so its not too bad...but for $12 a box, this is definitely not worth it!

My body butter was Cherry Blossom and instead of the travel container I got a really pretty purple/gray sparkly nail polish.

My body butter was Cherry Blossom and instead of the travel container I got a really pretty purple/gray sparkly nail polish.
I saw your box variation on Instagram, I hope I get that variation. The nail polish is gorgeous!

Last edited by a moderator:
In my variation I got the lavender body butter (I don't like lavender so I'll be gifting this) and I got the travel bottle instead of the nail polish. I will definitely use the travel bottle, its cute and useful. Again, agreed that this box is boring. I know for sure I will use those flossers and the case is good for keeping in your purse. I will probably get the most use out of that.

I got this variation, except for my body butter is Coconut Lime. This is just sad. No make up, no nail polish :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Yeah, I was sad to not get any makeup as well. Everything will be used (especially the travel friendly container and floss picks), because my husband flys frequently, but yeah...not very exciting.

Back