Beauty Box 5

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
somewhere in this thread, someone mentioned that nail polishes sent out by Beauty Box 5 tend to be really smelly. And I though (and possibly even replied that I didn't notice anything like that. Well.. yesterday I finally tried pretty dark pink polish by My Beauty Spot I received in September. I don't think I ever experienced anything that bad.The polish is actually pretty, and it applies very well and dries fast, but that smell... 

One unrelated note, I cancelled my subscription. Travel container and DenTeck in the same box were just too much. I'm still getting December box, since I had quarterly subscription.

I received my December BB5 today...Jaqua 2.5 oz Shimmer lotion in Orange Buttercream Frosting...32 pad Absolute Peach Nail Polish remover, .26 oz Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Moisturizer, full size Nanacoco Nail Polish in Gold (glitter), perfume sample of Lucky Brand Lucky Number 6.... my thoughts?  .... meh.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting. I hope I get the juice beauty. And I hope the polish remover pads work! It will save me a trip to the store because I was just thinking about how I have to buy some for when I travel. Win! I really don't like perfume samples, eh. I was hoping this box would be amazing to make up for last month. I regret my year subscription and won't be resubbing unless they make big changes.

I got my box today. It is not as bad as last month's!

The Juice Beauty moisturizer, I already know i love! The polish remover pads as well (I love oil based ones, they are so moisturizing, and the lemon smells amazing). The polish is really pretty! I don't care much fo rthe perfume, it's a heavy floral and I am not a big floral person. The hand cream has a nice texture but doesn't smell good. But, it is a very light scent so I will use it when I am wearing perfume I don't want to compete with.

IMG_8205.JPG

Got the box. Instead of the hand cream I got a lip balm. Nail polish pads in lavender. Juice beauty moisturizer. Multicolor glitter polish. Lucky #6 perfume.

I'm only keeping the juice beauty and the polish remover. The polish remover works great. It actually feels like it is nourishing the nails instead of only stripping it. I might keep the lip balm but I have so many it's silly.

Anyone in Toronto get their box yet? I'm not sure if I should keep waiting or shoot them an email.

Anyone in Toronto get their box yet? I'm not sure if I should keep waiting or shoot them an email.
I got my box today. It is not as bad as last month's!

The Juice Beauty moisturizer, I already know i love! The polish remover pads as well (I love oil based ones, they are so moisturizing, and the lemon smells amazing). The polish is really pretty! I don't care much fo rthe perfume, it's a heavy floral and I am not a big floral person. The hand cream has a nice texture but doesn't smell good. But, it is a very light scent so I will use it when I am wearing perfume I don't want to compete with.

IMG_8205.JPG
Ooo I like it!! Cant go wrong for 12$!

My box showed up today...it's okay.

IMG_0042.JPG

Sally Hansen nail strips in Stripe Tease

Softsoap body wash

Ultraflesh Gold Standard mascara

Garnier daily care shampoo

Coastal Scents quad #39

I would be happier if there was conditioner to go with the shampoo. I like the shadow colors and nail strips I got. Never heard of this brand of mascara, so it depends how it works!

..I cancelled my sub... though I'll use the shampoo, neutral eyeshadow that I received,  and bodywash, I don't use nail strips and my mascara was dried up and unusable...boo BB5.

So ... My bb5 has still not arrived. It was handed off from dhl to USPS but in Brooklyn NY. I live in NJ. Then it was out for delivery in Brooklyn then returned to Dhl in nj and now it's back in Brooklyn. Wtf.

I Really really regret my yearly sub. What a waste of money.

I'm so glad I got the butterfly nails. I will wear these. But I got a different style of these on clearance at cvs recently for $2.50 (at least I know they work good). The eyeshadows will be fun on vacation. They are nice, fun colors and a good travel size. I'm worried that someone said the mascara was dried out. I won't know for a while cause I have 8 in line in front of this one. Body wash and shampoo smell good but I could probably buy them at Walmart for $1. Plus no matching conditioner? I know it's bb5 but 5 items doesn't have to be law.

To me this has a personal value of $6-8 which is what I paid into it. If I paid $12 I would feel ripped off. I guess I will be on the look out for a matching conditioner.

image.jpg

Jealous of your butterflies! Mine are sort of a fishnet look on gold. Though I got more neatral eyeshadow. For the 5 times a year I wear it lol. The mascara is a little dry so I moved it up in the queue. Dry is better in the winter for me. Less around my eyes when my eyelashes freeze :)

Jealous of your butterflies and gold fishnets! I would have preferred either of those over the red and black stripes I got.

Last edited by a moderator:
Spoilers...

I like the brand because I've wanted to try it but what is with subs sending white shadow? I Got 3 in January, this makes 4. If I love it i will swap a different one. You only really need 2 a matte and a shimmer.

Spoiler alert:

I'm pretty meh about the eyeshadow. If it was pretty much any other color besides white I think I'd be much more excited.

Yay finally. I hope I get the glam glow and I'm excited about the gift card (as long as it is really a gift card). Do we know if there are variations? Anyone else get their box yet? ::goes to check IG::

Back