Beauty Cult Classics: Benefit Benetint

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
41DPTTAYTZL._AA265_.jpg

You've seen it, heard about it, tried it or own it.....Beauty Cult Classic: Benefit Benetint.

History: Benefit Cosmetics was founded in 1976 by twin sisters Jean and Jane Ford. Benetint was one of their very first products and has continued to be a best seller since. The idea for a stain came along when some local exotic dancers wanted a way to make their...ummm....nips look pinker under the drab lighting of Gentlemens Clubs. Benetint, a sweatproof and waterproof stain was born and has been tinting lips, cheeks and everything else since!

I am a HUGE Benetint fan and have been for years. I put an X on the apples of my cheeks and blend. I dip a q-tip in it, stain my lips and apply gloss. I always get sooo many compliments when I use it and the staying power for me is great. I know the packaging is not travel friendly or klutz friendly for that matter, but I still love it.

So....have tried this classic??? Love it or Hate it?? Experiences?

I've always wanted to try it, but it'd probably be more for my lips than anything... Don't think it would look too hot on my cheeks...

BTW, I fixed the pic since the one you had wasn't showing up
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've always wanted to try it, but it'd probably be more for my lips than anything... Don't think it would look too hot on my cheeks...
BTW, I fixed the pic since the one you had wasn't showing up
frown.gif

You forgot the nips! lol!
I never would have thought of anything like that...so weird! Don't think I'll be putting Benetint anywhere other than my face. lol!

I didn't know it was for their nipples! I always read that it was for performers cheek bones when they had shows.

I would try it, but I wear liquid and powder, so I suck at putting blush underneath, and it would look funny over.

I've got the pocket pal aso and love, love it and the stuff stays on forever.......

I tried it and the color just doesn't work for my skin tone. But I do love the tint I got because I loved the idea of Benetint!

I Love Benefit Benetint my new HG product. :"> I love the color, the Rosey smell and the watery consistency :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Pros: 1. Sheer but you can build it up ( 1 stroke to lips = very light, 2 strokes = pinky flush to lips, 3 strokes = sweet red flush, 4 or more = red or intense red ) 2. The Smell :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> it will make you apply and apply with no doubts because you want the smell hahaha 3. The longevity was really great it will last on your lips for a long time ( I don't use it on my cheeks coz I have an HG product on my cheeks hahahaha sounds weird eh?) 4. The container. In short Am I the only who loves that nail polish packaging? Well for me it gives you justice for what you pay! Coz its really expensive but they give you a lot of product which is really important and worth it :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> Cons: 1. The one and only cons for me. The PRICE! Hope this review would be useful to those who have second thoughts of getting this product. You'll not regret buying this :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've never tried it, but I'd like too. I was bummed when Birchbox sent it out a few months ago and I didn't get it :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I've heard the story about how it started for exotic dancers to color their nipples. It always makes me lol. I've wanted to change many things about my breasts over the years, but never thought my nipples needed more color!

I love benetint. I have been using it off and on for so many years I can't even remember. I only use it on my lips. But it's perfect alone, under gloss, or under lipstick.

Benetint is a classic that I've repurchased many times! its the perfect lip color and so simple and easy to achieve the look

I have used it for years. I sometimes apply it lightly to give me a natural healthy look or apply more for an intense look. I wouldn't be without mine.

:eek: /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I didn't know they were for nipples. Hmmm. I shall try this too. Lol!! I've used benetint for *gulp* more than 10 yrs now, yikes.. I can't seem to shy away from the bottle. X on my cheek and 3 dots of moon beam (RIP :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> ) and I rub them together, that's it! I use high beam now but I like moon beam's effect more.

Latest posts

Back