Beauty products featured in Allure and other magazines

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Sephora.com offers a section that shows the beauty products that have been offered in different magazine. I always like to read these although I wonder how these products really get picked by the magazines....

Hi Reija, I have a sneaking suspicion that Cosmetic company's send their products to the Editors of womens magazine's in the hope they will be featured.

I wonder the same...it probably is the case. What's better advertising for a cosmetic company than having it featured as the best product in a magazine especially if a celebrity happens to use the same product.

I'm sure the cosmetic companies send samples to the editors and their staff for sampling! Just as they are paying big bucks to have their glossy ads in the magazine pages every month. But, for the sake of argument, I did look through the Sephora site and I'll admit that I've tried a lot of what is recommended and what I did try I really liked. Like I saw the Chanel Glossimers pop up on a few lists and those happen to be one of my HG glosses.

Back