Beauty Tips for the End of Summer

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has summer gone by too fast? Not if you're still suffering from hot-weather skin problems. Check out the cures below from spa-owner and author Susie Galvez. She also gives you a few reasons to kick off your shoes and indulge in some classic summertime beauty rituals.

Lip Luster: Summer-baked lips can look and feel dry and cracked. An easy solution is to dab a bit of petroleum jelly on the lips and rub it in with a soft bristle toothbrush dedicated just for this purpose. You can maximize this treatment by popping open a vitamin E capsule and apply the oil over the top of freshly exfoliated lips. Use the vitamin E leftovers by gently rubbing into your fingernail cuticles to rehyrdrate them.

Seawater Acne Cure: Warm weather means oilier skin, and too often oily skin will cause sudden acne breakouts. The quick-fix remedy for red, irritated skin and eruptions? A solution of 4 ounces of warm water and one teaspoon of sea salt mixed well. Dip a cotton pad in the solution and apply to the affected area. Keep the pad in place for 2-3 minutes. Repeat with a new cotton ball. Pat dry.

Sexy Beach Hair: It's your last few weeks to hit the beach, but are you dreading the sand and salt in your hair? Turn it to your advantage with a sexy, natural beach style. Braid your hair in 2 or more braids before your ocean dip, then allow it to dry naturally in the breeze. Open up the braids and run your fingers through the lovely natural waves. It's the perfect beach-kissed summer look. (Want to add a little cheer for some extra summer sparkle? Rinsing your hair with champagne will bring out blonde highlights, and conditioning with beer will give it extra shine.)

Spa-Like Feet Care: Your heels and toes get a lot of exposure in summer and they need extra pampering. Walking barefoot on the beach is a great way to exfoliate feet as the marine extracts and minerals in the water help to soothe and smooth the skin. If you can't make it to the sea shore, give yourself a beach-inspired pedicure. Mix 1/2 cup of sand (if you are far from the ocean you can buy sand craft and pet stores), one tablespoon of sea salt, and 1/2 cup of olive oil in a bowl. Gently massage feet and legs with the mixture. Rinse feet in slightly cool water to remove any excess. Pat dry and feel how smooth your feet are. It's almost as relaxing as the real thing.

Keep Your Makeup Look Dewey: Instead of water to moisten wet/dry foundation, spritz a little oil free toner on the sponge to moisten before applying color. It helps to apply the foundation smoothly, as well as gives you a little extra skincare treatment. Oil-free toner can also be used to remoisten a slightly dry water based formula.

Sunburn Soak: Sunburns can be really painful, so how about a delicious lemon soak to heal your skin? Sprinkle thin slices of lemon in a tub of warm water and immerse yourself in the wonderful aroma. The citrus acid in lemons is an excellent dead skin remover. The juice aids in gently cleansing and the oil from the lemon peel softly hydrates.

Keep Your Skin Silky: There are still sultry days of summer heat and humidity ahead. Keep skin dry by adding a bit of baking soda to your body powder before applying. Baking soda will absorb any excess moisture (and odor.) To prevent sweat stains on your clothes, a little baking soda over your deodorant works wonders.

Ditch Your Stockings: If there is any time to show off toned, and self-tanned legs, it's now. Use a body moisturizer that contains shimmering ingredients, such as gold or bronze flecks. Nivea Body makes Silky Shimmer Lotion in two shades. Also, tanning salons often carry these products. For a quick at-home version, mix a bit of hair shine serum with a little bit of shimmery face powder and rub onto legs.

http://women.msn.com/809817.armx

Source

Thanks Marisol, these are cool tips!!! Summer has gone by super fast though!!
icon_mad.gif

Oh Trisha I'm jealous!!I wish we didn't have such a HOT HOT summer here!! Right now I'm melting!!

Originally Posted by Trisha great tips M, i dont think we ever had a real summer over here tho! LOL

Raining!!Unknown word for us here!!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Trisha i suppose too much heat can be just as bad as none at all! it was OK for a while here, but its back to normal now, its raining at the moment x

Thanks for the tips! I'm going to try the salt water thing to see if it helps dry out my face.

Oh Thanks for posting this great tips Marisol!

I can't wait for Fall
frown.gif
(

Back