Beauty Tools: : What would you like to receive (or give) this holiday season?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Greetings Makeup Talk members!

That time of the year is fast approaching! You know what we’re talking about: the time you start making holiday shopping lists and rack your brains on what to buy for your loved one. Or when you daydream about what you would like Santa to bring you this year - and don’t you want to evoke a reaction like this?

​

This is why we, the team at Makeup Talk, have come up with a plan to help you find guidance and inspiration for the upcoming holiday shopping madness. We’re planning to publish a useful and well-researched gift guide covering the following areas:

1. Makeup
  2. Makeup Brushes and Tools
  3. Sample Subscription Programs
  4. Skincare
  5. Hair
  6. Nails
  7. Body and Fragrance
But we need your help! Here’s how your invaluable expertise with beauty products can come into play:

• Think of a product in each of these categories that you’ve been using and really love. Think of whether you’d like to gift it to someone you love (or you secretly want it for yourself.)
  • Leave a comment in this thread on why you love that particular product or go to any one the other threads listed above. We encourage your feedback in more than one category but if time’s not on your side, we’re happy to get your input in at least the area you feel most knowledgeable or passionate about.
We’ll then use some of our magic techie tools to compile your feedback into a comprehensive holiday gift outline. And best of all: we’ll give credit in the final piece to those of you who contributed a lot.

If you’d like to get notified when the guide comes out, subscribe to this thread or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.

Thank you all in advance and really looking forward to your posts!

Best,
Zadidoll
Makeup Talk Community Manager

Sedona lace 12 piece synthetic brush kit. I have one myself and LOVE it. Will be buying a few more for gifts. Best brushes ever and they're synthetic so vegan friendly applies.

Kat Von D eye brush sets are awesome, seriously the quality blew me away. Sephora has one on sale for 23.00 right now and one @ regular price 55.00

Surprised no one has mentioned Tweezerman! Love this brand and will never use another again lol. Plus, they do collaborations with designers, so you can usually find some really neat designs. Travel sized brush kits would be cute stocking stuffers, too.

For brushes:

1. EcoTools Bronzer Brush. I use this as my powder brush actually and I adore it.  It picks up product properly, is so wonderfully soft and even after having it for 3 years it is still not shedding. EcoTools is also an eco-friendly, cruelty-free company that makes very soft, sturdy brushes that don't break the bank.

For tools, Tweezerman tweezers are out of this world. They make the best tweezers which is necessary for any beauty junkie. They have them in a variety of colors and designs for more personalization.

I don't know if this would be considered a beauty tool or skincare but a Clarisonic would be an awesome gift, specially for a teenager or anyone with problematic skin.

I got my husband one and he loved it so I got myself one as well. I think it could be a "tool", if it's for skincare, sorry! lol

Lancome Eyelash Curler I have straight eyelashes and they hold the curl all day! I love this curler and I use it every single day.

Originally Posted by glamourdolleyes /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I don't know if this would be considered a beauty tool or skincare but a Clarisonic would be an awesome gift, specially for a teenager or anyone with problematic skin.

I got my husband one and he loved it so I got myself one as well. I think it could be a "tool", if it's for skincare, sorry! lol
yes i definitely want a clarisonic!

i would give an UD eye shadow palette to my closest friends :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

or a smaller cheaper palette to my not so close friends.

yes i definitely want a clarisonic! i would give an UD eye shadow palette to my closest friends :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> or a smaller cheaper palette to my not so close friends.
There's a post in the coupons section about a Clarisonic giveaway!

I'd say a beauty blender! I'm currently saving up BB points to get one :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And of course Makeup Brushes, you can never have too many

There are so many fantastic beauty tools out there that I would love to get or even give.

What I'd give as gifts:

1. Bdellium Tools Flat Top Kabuki Face # 993 ($20). Oh I love that brush. Love it, love it, love it. It's so incredibly soft. At IMATS I dragged people to take a look at Bdellium's brushes but more so for that kabuki brush. Every single time I walked by their booth I stopped to play with that brush. I have my own and love it. I told Edward (owner of the company) if he could make blankets out of the same soft fibers I'd buy it.
  2. Japonesque Brow Groomer Scissor/Comb ($15). I own this and use it probably once a month to keep my eyebrows trimmed. It's so helpful to trim the excess hairs without over doing it.
  3. Tweezerman Point Tweezer ($22) Ok so these could be classified as a deadly weapon and I would NEVER EVER recommend using these around pets or children because of how sharp these are. I love my Point Tweezers because the ends are so pointed and sharp that I can pluck those short or fine hairs that my other tweezers miss.
  4. Precision Lash Definer/Metal Comb. Japonesque sells on for $8, Crown Brush has one for under $4 (I have one from their sister company Morphé). The reason I love my metal comb is because I can use it to separate my lashes before applying mascara so it doesn't bulk up. I also use it after I apply mascara (after it dries) to get rid of any spider legs looking lashes. It's also great to blend your natural lashes into your false lashes so less mascara is needed to blend the natural into the fakes.
  5. Beautyblender blending sponge ($19.95 - $35.95) I use to use disposable make up sponges when I applied liquid foundation and sure disposables are cheaper but not all disposables work the same and some don't last more than one use, that adds up over time. The Beautyblender is a good investment because you can reuse it over and over again for years. I still use mine as needed.

What I would love to get are the Bdellium Tools Green Bambu Complete 15-piece set with canvas roll-up pouch. It's a bit on the pricey side at about $109 but when it's on sale (like it is now for $89.10) it's a pretty good deal. I fell in love with their Kabuki brush, have one of their smaller sets but that 15-piece one is so on my wish list and if it's the only thing I get for Christmas from the hubby and kids I hope it's that.

Latest posts

Back