Beautyblender

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Just discovered the beautyblender and all the fuss that surrounds it, though it does look pretty awesome. I want one, despite the hefty price tag. Just wondering though, if it's so fantastic, why do most people still opt to using brushes for foundation application? Is it the price or for hygienic reasons?

Beauty blender is my favorite. I have used brushes - the stippiling kind from Sigma and Coastal Scents and they hurt my face. I then got the Sonia Kashuk (? SPELLING) one and it was too hard and dense for me, it felt like an eraser not a sponge. Didn't like using my fingers either. So I went back to the beauty blender and actually just got it in the mail yesterday from Sephora. Out of all of the methods I've tried it's the best.

I think most people use what they get used to, which is why I use fingers! lol Also different types of foundation work best with certain application methods. So I guess it depends on the type and consistency of the foundation whether it works best with a sponge (beauty blender or other) or brush. I do know there are some women who first put their foundation on with a brush but then buff it in with a beauty blender or a different brush (usually a flat top style brush).

The beauty blender doesn't have to be expensive since there are several companies that make dupes now, so you might want to look around for one of them instead of paying big bucks for the brand name.

Hmmm, yes I definitely be up for buying a good dupe, but I saw a review on makeupgeek of a real beautyblender vs a cheap dupe, and she explained it was definitely worth spending some extra money on the real version due to the texture and egg shape... Not sure if you know of any names or sellers of v good dupes though?

I have a real Beautyblender and a couple of store dupes (SOHO dupe and Sephora dupe). I'll pick up the Sonia Kashuk and ULTA dupes on Tuesday but so far the two others I have do not come close to the Beautyblender.

I got a beautyblender in my Feb BB, but so far I'm not as addicted as everyone else seems to be. Maybe it's because I only wear tinted moisturizer, not foundation, but I usually don't notice much of a difference between using the blender and using my fingers.

Actually, I usually end up just using my fingers because I'm in a rush and don't feel like messing around with the blender. I think it's definitely worth a shot, though. I remember seeing Eleventh Gorgeous talking about a good drugstore dupe, but I really can't remember the name of it. It was in an egg shape, though.

Originally Posted by 13Bluestar97 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What is a Beautyblender? I'm sorry I don't see a definition in these posts :/
It's basically a sponge for your face, mainly for foundation. I use it and LOVE it. Works wonderfully, makes my skin look airbrushed and perfect.

images

Also I think the dupes don't work nearly as well, AND I have used it with tinted moisturizers AND many diff. types of foundation and it always works.

They key to it, which  I feel like a LOT of people forget is, you should use it wet. Let the sponge sit in water for lik, 1 min, or just run it under water, and it works SO well.

OK SO I just got a beauty blender yesterday. omg, its amazing. It looked so small when I got it and I was really confused because it was such a funny shape, but then I got it wet and AMAZING. Seriously, my foundation looks airbrushed. I've never tried a dupe so I can't say for sure, but to me, it was definitely worth what I paid for it. 

I can't bring myself to try it. I used the Sonia Kashuk dupe for a short time, but it was way too hard to wash out long wearing foundations. Brushes clean so much easier and thoroughly.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I can't bring myself to try it. I used the Sonia Kashuk dupe for a short time, but it was way too hard to wash out long wearing foundations. Brushes clean so much easier and thoroughly.

I usually just use my fingers because I find the brush I have to be a pain, and not very good at blending. Beauty blender is SO much better, but I can definitely see where foundation is settling into it alrready.

I haven't tried the Beautyblender yet, but it's on my list of products to purchase! I love the idea of creating the "airbrushed" look with foundation. I'll remember the tip about using the sponge while it's wet.

Latest posts

Back