BeautyFix Coupon Promotion for MakeupTalk!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Okay girlies, I know you guys have been waiting.

BeautyFix  is working with MakeupTalk to give us all a $20 off coupon to use for their new spring box.  This code will not work until March 15!  So you need to wait until Thursday to use this or it will not work!

The code is BFMKUP which will bring your spring box down to $29.99.  The shipping is included, but you might get charged tax, depending on your state.  The spring selection is up already if you'd like to look and start putting together your box early.

The girl that I spoke to said that BFBLOG should still work for new customers only to get $30 off, bringing your first box down to $19.99.

What is BeautyFix?  It's a subscription service that sends out kits four times a year for $49.99, allowing you to choose 8 products that are either deluxe travel sized or full sized to sample.  8-12 new products are added each season, and the old products cycle themselves out as they get sold out.  Each season, if you review at least 2 products, you'll get sent a coupon for $25 off a $50 purchase from DermStore.com!

Many of you have been using subscription services already.  If you've ever been disappointed that a majority of the surprise products you get are products you'd never use (and you think, "How did my beauty profile make them think I'd even be interested in this?!") Or if you hear "Deluxe Sample!" and it's something that's barely enough to try twice, you'll be happy to hear you choose ALL of your own products, and the product size is listed in each product description.  A majority of the products on the list, in my experience, have been full sized products.

To compare to the other subs, it's about $16.67/month for 8 full sized products you chose yourself, instead of $10-15/month for maybe 15-20 mystery samples you'd get from other subs over those 3 months.

I saw a spot to enter promotion codes this morning at the very top of the product selection page (Right next to the "Ship my Kit" button)

I think they're having problems with their site right now because when I tried to log in, I'm only getting a blank page, so I'll try to check again later to verify where else the code can be put in. I had someone this morning tell me that they tried to use a code but it ended up completing the transaction before they had a chance to put it in.  (I want to make sure it's in the same spot once you're logged in.)

If you want to view ALL products available for Spring (not just ones recommended to you for your profile), go to http://beautyfix.com/products_all.php

Happy Spring Season!

Fabulous! Thank you very much
icon_wink.gif

Hey Annelle, thanks so much for getting us the code :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Will this work for the entirety of the Spring season? I just ordered my first box a few days ago (which I'm guessing is considered the Winter box) and don't think I'll want to get another box for this season so soon but don't want to miss out on this awesome deal. 

This is a question for everyone - in your experience do the products run out towards the end of the season? I don't want to wait too long and have a limited selection to choose from because the products are out of stock. 

Originally Posted by icecreamofwheat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Hey Annelle, thanks so much for getting us the code :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Will this work for the entirety of the Spring season? I just ordered my first box a few days ago (which I'm guessing is considered the Winter box) and don't think I'll want to get another box for this season so soon but don't want to miss out on this awesome deal. 

This is a question for everyone - in your experience do the products run out towards the end of the season? I don't want to wait too long and have a limited selection to choose from because the products are out of stock. 
The code will be active from March 15 - May 15.  I thought it'd be active for the full Spring season, but I just realized the seasons are every 3 month-ish so it'll only be active for the first part of the Spring Season, since Summer probably won't show up until June.  You've still got 2 months to use the coupon though, which gives you some time to save up if you need to :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I added some more information on the MakeupTalk blog.

After watching the site through 3 seasons, I've noticed a trend...the current season's products are at the top of the list, with the older products progressively lower.  So if you have a product that you might want and it's closer to the bottom of the list, then you know it's probably been around longer than those at the top of the list.  (Of course, popular items that were still recent might still sell out faster.)

The products that I think were new for Winter (not entirely sure -- I'm just going off a picture from my e-mail): Vichy LiftActiv, Glytone Acne Face wash, LaRocca, Lalicious sugar scrub, Kinerase night moisturizer, jane iredale mystikol, nick chavez conditioner, la roche-posay effaclear (gone now), Alterna Dry Oil

So I'm not sure if it's 100% exactly newest products at the top (Winter Kit, ALL of the newest products were also right at the top too though, it seems that a majority of those newest items are just below the newest Spring picks), because I ordered the Glytone body wash in my Fall box, and I'm pretty sure the Nailtiques were available then too, but the LaRocca primer is below both of those, which I think was new for Winter?

Keep in mind that up until last Friday, the selection was still completely the Winter Kit selection, and there were still plenty to choose from (as can be attested by the ladies who ordered their first box in February).  But instead of having 60-75 products to choose from (Day 1 Winter had 74 products + makeup bag, Spring currently has 75 + makeup bag), you might only have 50-60 products to choose from (complete guess here. There were still a LOT of products up to pick from last week, even without the 10 new Spring products they added).

I had been trying to use the BFBLOG code since I am a new member but it still gives me the regular price :/

I've sent my contact at BeautyFix an e-mail asking about the BFBLOG code.  I know it worked for me in the Fall and several of our members for the Winter Box.  I didn't hear back yet, but I'll let you guys know ASAP when I do.  As far as I've been told, the BFBLOG code should still work.  It seems to be hit or miss (normally hit, but with one or two customer service reps, a miss) as to whether customer service knows about the deal. BFBLOG is a code that is posted on BeautyFix's own blog, so it should still be valid, at least throughout the duration that they have it posted!

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I had been trying to use the BFBLOG code since I am a new member but it still gives me the regular price :/
what do you mean? did you go ahead and purchase it and it turned out that you were charged the full price?

I don't know if it was like this w/ everybody, but when I bought the subscription w/ the code, I couldn't see that the coupon had worked until I confirmed the payment -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think it's kind of dumb that there's no way to immediately see the price be marked down but I just went ahead, taking a risk and just confirmed the payment. but the code did work! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

what do you mean? did you go ahead and purchase it and it turned out that you were charged the full price?

I don't know if it was like this w/ everybody, but when I bought the subscription w/ the code, I couldn't see that the coupon had worked until I confirmed the payment -_- /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> I think it's kind of dumb that there's no way to immediately see the price be marked down but I just went ahead, taking a risk and just confirmed the payment. but the code did work! :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

i did put my card and it doesnt reflect the $19.99 price. I didnt confirm though because I do not want to call them for billing disputes. I called their attention in their Facebook page and this is what they said:

Beautyfix Hi Maria-I apologize for the inconvenience, we have had some trouble with this code and are currently working on getting it fixed. In the meantime you can call 1-866-381-4207 and talk to one of our Beauty experts and they will be able to help with this code. Please note this code is a one-time use code valid for first time subscribers only.

Seems like I still have to call them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Thanks! So the new 8 to 12 products should be listed on Thursday? Because I don't see any products I didn't see before.

Also, I am now super confused about the selection period after reading a reply from BF's CS. I asked if I would be charged for the Spring bag only after I choose the products, and he said yes because "You aren't actually subscribed to BeautyFix which means that if you do not choose a spring kit selection within 10 days of the 15th a kit won't be automatically generated.  You should be free to choose a spring kit at your leisure."

??? I actually like that the CS rep said that I can choose a kit at my leisure anytime during the Spring season. But I thought I automatically became subscribed when I made my first purchase. And Annelle, didn't you say that people won't be charged until they actually make a kit? Does that mean there are tons of people who aren't "actually subscribed"? If being a subscriber means you have to pay $49.99 during a 10 day window at the beginning of each season, and calling if you want to skip the season, why would anyone choose to be "actually subscribed"? If what the rep says is true, I can just wait until the next season if I don't want this season's products..

I hope I'm making sense. I just want to know what it means to be a subscriber. 

Originally Posted by Annelle /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The code will be active from March 15 - May 15.  I thought it'd be active for the full Spring season, but I just realized the seasons are every 3 month-ish so it'll only be active for the first part of the Spring Season, since Summer probably won't show up until June.  You've still got 2 months to use the coupon though, which gives you some time to save up if you need to :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I added some more information on the MakeupTalk blog.

After watching the site through 3 seasons, I've noticed a trend...the current season's products are at the top of the list, with the older products progressively lower.  So if you have a product that you might want and it's closer to the bottom of the list, then you know it's probably been around longer than those at the top of the list.  (Of course, popular items that were still recent might still sell out faster.)

The products that I think were new for Winter (not entirely sure -- I'm just going off a picture from my e-mail): Vichy LiftActiv, Glytone Acne Face wash, LaRocca, Lalicious sugar scrub, Kinerase night moisturizer, jane iredale mystikol, nick chavez conditioner, la roche-posay effaclear (gone now), Alterna Dry Oil

So I'm not sure if it's 100% exactly newest products at the top (Winter Kit, ALL of the newest products were also right at the top too though, it seems that a majority of those newest items are just below the newest Spring picks), because I ordered the Glytone body wash in my Fall box, and I'm pretty sure the Nailtiques were available then too, but the LaRocca primer is below both of those, which I think was new for Winter?

Keep in mind that up until last Friday, the selection was still completely the Winter Kit selection, and there were still plenty to choose from (as can be attested by the ladies who ordered their first box in February).  But instead of having 60-75 products to choose from (Day 1 Winter had 74 products + makeup bag, Spring currently has 75 + makeup bag), you might only have 50-60 products to choose from (complete guess here. There were still a LOT of products up to pick from last week, even without the 10 new Spring products they added).

Originally Posted by iPretty949 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

i did put my card and it doesnt reflect the $19.99 price. I didnt confirm though because I do not want to call them for billing disputes. I called their attention in their Facebook page and this is what they said:

Beautyfix Hi Maria-I apologize for the inconvenience, we have had some trouble with this code and are currently working on getting it fixed. In the meantime you can call 1-866-381-4207 and talk to one of our Beauty experts and they will be able to help with this code. Please note this code is a one-time use code valid for first time subscribers only.

Seems like I still have to call them :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I don't know if I made myself clear but I meant that even if you put your card info and the code, it won't reflect what you are charged until after you actually make the payment. I can understand you not wanting to take the risk and just pay in case it turns out that you are charged full price. But if you're going to be calling them anyway about the code, I don't think it'd hurt to take the risk. If it doesn't work, I'd think they would issue you a $30 refund.

Thanks! So the new 8 to 12 products should be listed on Thursday? Because I don't see any products I didn't see before.
Let me clarify.  They sent out an e-mail to current subscribers last Friday (March 9) that they have the new selection up.  The first 10 products shown on the "all products" page: are the "new for spring season" products.  The first three rows (actually, not sure if Kelly Teegarden and Alterna were in Winter or if they're new for Spring) at least through the Fallene product are new.

I'm guessing possibly they might remove some "sold out" products on the 15th, but that's a complete guess.

Also, I am now super confused about the selection period after reading a reply from BF's CS. I asked if I would be charged for the Spring bag only after I choose the products, and he said yes because "You aren't actually subscribed to BeautyFix which means that if you do not choose a spring kit selection within 10 days of the 15th a kit won't be automatically generated.  You should be free to choose a spring kit at your leisure."

??? I actually like that the CS rep said that I can choose a kit at my leisure anytime during the Spring season. But I thought I automatically became subscribed when I made my first purchase. And Annelle, didn't you say that people won't be charged until they actually make a kit? Does that mean there are tons of people who aren't "actually subscribed"? If being a subscriber means you have to pay $49.99 during a 10 day window at the beginning of each season, and calling if you want to skip the season, why would anyone choose to be "actually subscribed"? If what the rep says is true, I can just wait until the next season if I don't want this season's products..
You aren't considered a subscriber until you order your first kit.  Did you already order a box during the winter season?  Or will this be your first kit?  If this is going to be your second kit, you should be considered a subscriber.  If you signed up but never completed your kit, and are waiting to choose items for your very first kit, then you're technically not a subscriber yet, since you have to complete the order to get the ball rolling.  (If this is your first box, you can wait up until the very last minute to order your spring kit!)  Subscribers will get an e-mail this Thursday announcing that they can now start choosing their items for the Spring Box.  In that e-mail, it should tell them "Be sure to pick your items by XXX Date!" (Basically if you don't choose by that date, they'll go ahead and send you a box of 8 mystery items, and I'm assuming they charge you when they send out the box.)

I hope I'm making sense. I just want to know what it means to be a subscriber.
So, subscribers are people who will eventually get a box regardless of whether they choose their items or not.  People who have just been playing with the site and haven't received their first box yet are still people who are just playing with the site :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Yeah I'm still pretty confused. So if I order a box tomorrow , I won't be charged again when the new season starts right? Is anyone automatically charged? I don't think I'd want to commit to making a $50 purchase quarterly, but would I be able to get boxes per season as I want?

Also, could someone use both the first box code and this makeup talk code (say I ordered my first box tomorrow and the spring one in a couple months using the new code) ? I'm sorry for all the questions it's just really confusing!

Latest posts

Back