• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to MakeUp Talk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

BeFine: Over 50% off until Thur. May 3 @8am Pacific Time

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was thinking about buying something but after the whole birchbox fiasco I'm having second thoughts.

Originally Posted by akicowi /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It's hard to return stuff on hautelook since shipping is so expensive.
They also don't allow returns on most beauty items. 

Originally Posted by kdrzrbck /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I was thinking about buying something but after the whole birchbox fiasco I'm having second thoughts.
I had the same reservations, but in the end could not resist the prices. The gift set with cleanser and day/night moisturizers would go for $79 if you bought everything separately; I paid $19. $12.50 for the neck cream that retails for $30. 

I'll be sure to check the expiration date and not depend on the sunscreen protection if it's old. 

I think BeFine is probably on their best behavior right because of it.

My Ulta in Indiana had BeFine Bronzers & Moisturizers discounted pretty heavily. They of course had expiration dates from 2010. 

I love the Befine Exfoliating Cleanser w/Brown Sugar, Sweet Almond & Oats. I got a deluxe tube of this  from Birchbox back in late 2010/early 2011. My 1.5 fl oz tube doesn't have an expiration date and I'm still using it though. 

Is this a trustworthy site? Has anyone ordered anything from it? Great deal on the Alterna hair products if it's for real. hmmm

Hautelook is legit. Just be warned though: shipping is kind of expensive, products can take a long time to get to you, and they typically don't allow returns on beauty products. They have really good deals sometimes!

Originally Posted by Totem /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Is this a trustworthy site? Has anyone ordered anything from it? Great deal on the Alterna hair products if it's for real. hmmm

Originally Posted by Totem /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I've never had a problem with them. Shipping isn't as pricey as it used to be...the last two orders, I've only paid $5.95 in shipping (way better than QVC!) You gotta have patience, though, cause they are HELLA slow. 

Thanks for the heads up. Guess it won't arrive in time for a Mother's Day gift, Bummer. Good deals tho.

I have always had good results with them. My most recent was the Urban Decay Book of Shadows IV for only $25 or $29, I can't remember which. Shipping is expensive to me for one small item, but not bad when you get a couple things.

Shipping times vary a lot. Some of the items are shipped from the manufacturer. Sometimes slow, but my last shipment was fast.

The shipping takes a while because hautelook orders it from the company they are selling for after you place the order, then ships it to you. It doesn't come from their warehouse, because they only buy what they sell, if that makes sense.

FWIW, my Befine order from Haute Look arrived today. The day moisturizer (the only product I ordered containing SPF) is good until April 2013. 
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Latest posts

Back