Beginning of the Birthday Month

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
And since this is a BIG birthday (40), my weekly treats for my birthday month are a bit "bigger" than usual! I've mentioned them in passing in a couple of other threads, but here's where I stand now (and I'll be adding stuff as the month continues).

Week 1: Makeup and Perfume

Viktor & Rolf Flowerbomb

Versace Yellow Diamonds

Tarte LipSurgence in FEVER

L'Occitane en Provence shea butter hand creme for my purse

2 atomizers (boring, Sephora style, but needed)

Soap & Glory Hand Cream

Philosophy Peppermint Bark Duo

Tarte Shining Stars Collection (Gel eyeliner, cheek tint/stain, mascara, LipSurgence in ENCHANTED--which, sadly, was broken when I received it)

Betsey Johnson nail stickers

Samples were: 3 perfume (I LIKE vials, I'm weird) and a Dior Deluxe Sample Kit that had Dior Addict Extreme lipstick in LUCKY, Eyelash primer, a teensy serum, and a set of CD temporary tattoos)

SKIN79 Pink mini kit

SKIN79 Black mini kit

Week 2: Purse (Betsey Johnson Super Stars satchel)

OMG, LOVE. The Amazon price for this bag is $125. Full retail is $228. 100% leather and, honestly? It's the first bag I've ever bought that came with a dustbag. Silly, but it made me smile. Oh, and I only paid $93 after tax. LOVE ROSS, yes I DO! Even better is that it is "actual" Betsey, not Betseyville (the diffusion line)

Freebies

Aveda Purefume thingie

Copenhagen 3-in-1 clip with my initials (A metal money clip that also serves as a can opener for dip--ewww--and as a bottle opener)

Gifts

Long-sleeved Jack Wagner "Lighting Up the Night" vintage tour shirt

MCM dessert server that is just the most CUNNING round glass plates

I want that purse. Did you buy it in the store or online?

Btw, I received a free Versace Yellow Diamond spray (sample size) from their FB page. Great for the travel bag. Would be a nice complement to your full size one.

You have quite the cool list of stuff. Lucky you!

And,   
birthday.gif

It was the free sample of Yellow Diamond that made me want it so bad! LOL

And I got the bag instore; I've never tried the ROSS website. Thanks, btw :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> (Bear in mind, this thread will continue to be updated through the end of the month, cuz I'm a brat like that)

The closest store to me is two hours away and they don't appear to sell online. I'll probably have to bide my time and wait for a good online price.

Well, I'll check back periodically and see what other wonderful things you celebrate your birthday with!

Oh. My. Gosh. I am in love with just about everything you got!!

Yay for birthday months!

Week 3: Home Spa Equipment

I finally bought the last thing I've needed for my at-home spa treatments: a paraffin bath (also being practical, because it does help my arthritis)

Plus, (no) thanks to CVS having a Beauty Clearance Sale, I got the following items for just under $15 (Total savings of $44.68):

Revlon Smoky Crayon in Black Smoke

Revlon Smoky Crayon in Steel Smoke

L'Oreal HiP Color Chrome Eyeliner in Silver Lightning

Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara in Black

Sally Hansen Crackle in Distressed Denim

Sally Hansen HiDef in DVD

Sally Hansen HiDef in Spectrum

Calexxia - what an awesome plan for your birthday month! My birthday is this Thurs and I love getting all the b-day discount e-mails. I love it but at the same time it's hard. I don't want to miss out on these great specials but I can't buy everything I want!!

Have fun with all your goodies and Happy Birthday!

Thanks, sweetie.....

It's funny, the birthday discounts don't usually cause me to do much purchasing--at most, they cause me to buy stuff I already wanted from one seller over another, but that's about it.

I tested out Yellow Diamonds when I was last at Sephora, and oh my globs. Smells SO stinkin' good. I think it's gonna be going on my birthday list.

Week 4: Practical things and gifts from my family

Signed up for a year of Amazon Prime (because I love it so!)

Getting a custom case made for my iPhone as soon as I select the graphics

Gifts from my old man and his mother:

Wynonna Judd Tshirt

Brighton Keyring (that's the heartshaped thingie)

Zebra print manicure kit

Little book called Women's Wit and Wisdom

Sock-shaped coin purse with musical notes on it

Bat-shaped pin from Manic Panic

X: The Unheard Music DVD

Small leopard train case

Quentin Tarantino: Death Proof shoes (I only wear Vans, but these are that same style, but cool!)

Vintage denim jacket with my favorite artwork on it (Marc Rude's VIVA LAS VEGAS--Marc has been dead for like 30 years and he did a lot of work for the Misfits, but most folks aren't aware of the other stuff he did)

Originally Posted by ladygrey /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I tested out Yellow Diamonds when I was last at Sephora, and oh my globs. Smells SO stinkin' good. I think it's gonna be going on my birthday list.
told you it was amazing!

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

told you it was amazing!
It totally was! It was pretty much everything I wanted Bright Crystal to be, which was one that I found kinda sour and disappointing. I also just finally tried out Lady Million by Paco Rabanne, which I held off on because I got these tacky vibes from it, and o.m.g. Smells SO good. Now I really want both of these for my birthday!

Also, I am diggin' those shoes. As someone who lives in Chuck Taylors and Vans, I can definitely appreciate them. 

Also, I am diggin' those shoes. As someone who lives in Chuck Taylors and Vans, I can definitely appreciate them. 
I wear Vans EVERY day. Seriously, except for a pair of leopard Betsey Johnson wedges that I thrifted for $3, I literally owned NOTHING but Vans until a couple months back, when there were some comfortable black leather skimmers at Big Lots. I bought three pairs and won't need "grown up shoes" for years now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I wear Vans EVERY day. Seriously, except for a pair of leopard Betsey Johnson wedges that I thrifted for $3, I literally owned NOTHING but Vans until a couple months back, when there were some comfortable black leather skimmers at Big Lots. I bought three pairs and won't need "grown up shoes" for years now :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
I used to just have one pair of vans, one pair of chuck taylors, one pair of black ballet flats, a pair of toms, and some flip flops. I miss those days when deciding what shoes to wear was easy!

The best pair of vans I ever had were these plain charcoal grey ones signed by Willie Nelson. Some arsenugget stole them, so alas, they are gone. I need to get another pair and get them signed again!

I used to just have one pair of vans, one pair of chuck taylors, one pair of black ballet flats, a pair of toms, and some flip flops. I miss those days when deciding what shoes to wear was easy!

The best pair of vans I ever had were these plain charcoal grey ones signed by Willie Nelson. Some arsenugget stole them, so alas, they are gone. I need to get another pair and get them signed again!
I have Willie's lanyard from Country Thunder a few years back ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And, yeah, once a year? I buy three pairs of black on black Vans....rotate my way through them. It's actually awesome not having to worry about which shoes to wear. I kinda love it that way :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I have Willie's lanyard from Country Thunder a few years back ;) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

And, yeah, once a year? I buy three pairs of black on black Vans....rotate my way through them. It's actually awesome not having to worry about which shoes to wear. I kinda love it that way :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
Willie is great! I'm related to Paul, his drummer, so my family has been able to see Willie a couple of times. 

When I worked at bath and body works, the solid black vans were my go-to shoe. SO comfortable, especially when you're going to be standing for hours and hours. Okay, I think I need to invest in another pair of vans. All I have at the moment are my Hello Kitty ones!

I got to see Willie Nelson once. My mom is a huge Willie Nelson fan. We didn't get to meet him but the concert was pretty awesome. I just have a shirt from the concert. My birthday April 30th falls on Willie Nelson's birthday.

That's awesome. One of my favorite thrift scores is a tshirt from his 1984 tour :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />
That is excellent! Vintage thrifty finds are the best. I used to have a vintage Billy Joel shirt until someone stole it. 

Have you hauled anything else for your birthday? :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

He got me a painting of Elvis today. LOL

Any further hauling has to wait till the end of the week, though, as I have to register my car and then see how much flexible cash I have....

Latest posts

Back