Behold, The Dutchess

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
fergie_allure.jpg

Behold, The Dutchess

For pop star Fergie, life is good. A platinum album, movie deals, and a makeup contract. But there was a time when she could hardly leave the house, let alone imagine being a celebrity.

In a revealing interview with Allure, Fergie talks about overcoming her addiction to crystal meth:

"I had chemically induced paranoid schizophrenia," she says. "At one point I gave myself an ultimatum, because I was absolutely sure the FBI and a SWAT team were coming for me. I said, 'OK, if you walk through that door and they're not out there, then it's the drugs.'"

After a couple years, Fergie realized her choice was sobriety or a mental institution. So she went through therapy, attending Narcotics Anonymous meetings, and got a grip.

Joining the Black Eyed Peas in 2002 was healing. The combination of founder will.i.am's infectious music and Fergie's killer performance as the lead singer catapulted the quirky hip-hop group to mainstream superstardom.

Performing and dancing is only part of Fergie's fitness routine. She does some form of exercise daily -- walking on a steep upgrade, sit-ups, push-ups, stomach crunches; she's thinking of taking a course in pole dancing, which is "a really good workout" she says.

Although she admits she loves to flirt, Fergie loves being monogamous with boyfriend Josh Duhamel. Last Valentine's Day while on tour, Duhamel flew out to see her. "While we were at dinner, he had the room lit with candles, and rose petals all over the bed," she recalls. "We had champagne, chocolate-covered strawberries, whipped cream. It was very romantic."

Marriage, children? She thinks so. But right now, there is the prospect of more endorsements, more movies -- she had a small role in the "Planet Terror" part of the "Grindhouse" double feature, and is keen on expanding into romantic comedies.

To read Fergie's complete interview, pick up the December issue of Allure, available on newsstands November 27.

she sounds like she's had a really difficult time.

I'm not her biggest fan but this interview makes her sound v. down to earth

There's 2 songs that i like but overall, I just don't like her...lol

She looks weird but shes got pretty eyes!.

I swear, I remember her with blonde pigtails bopping around w/ Mario Lopez and Jennifer Love Hewitt on Kids Incorporated LOL! She looks too much like Ellen Pompeo on the cover, but I like her other pics.

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I swear, I remember her with blonde pigtails bopping around w/ Mario Lopez and Jennifer Love Hewitt on Kids Incorporated LOL! She looks too much like Ellen Pompeo on the cover, but I like her other pics.
fergie.jpg

Very awesome photography work! The lights hit her well. Like the outfits and make-up.

The article was umm, very personal, glad she's doing okay now.

Meth, what a crazy drug... every person i ever knew who did that stuff had an imaginary run-in with the secret service.

i am glad that was never a part of my diet.

i'm glad she overcame it... and was open enough to admit it. i know there are a lot of tweens out there who need more anti-drug messages, rather than seeing celebs getting DUI's and caught with drugs on them spending a day in jail.

Ugh I hate her... I love Allure but now I'm gonna want to trash that issue when I get it!

Originally Posted by brewgrl /img/forum/go_quote.gif i'm glad she overcame it... and was open enough to admit it. i know there are a lot of tweens out there who need more anti-drug messages, rather than seeing celebs getting DUI's and caught with drugs on them spending a day in jail. Amen to that!

Latest posts

Back