Being a brand name whore!!!

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I've been hearing so much good stuff about the new Dove haircare and want to try it but I just cant bring myself to buy it! I dont want to say I use Dove shampoo- and isnt that sad considering I'll use anything else by Dove as long as it isnt beauty care? Color me a Brand Name Whore- I feel like I need to do this in a trenchcoat with dark glasses!! (er, kind of the way I buy the Mary Kate & Ashley Lipgloss!)

I know what you are saying...I used to be the same way. It was hard to try the cheap hair products but finally I thought what the heck. If I don't like them I'm only out couple of bucks so it isn't as bad as spending the normal $16-$25 a bottle. I have to say that cheap drugstore brands haircare isn't as good as the brand name in my opionion but brands like Dove and Garnier Fructise are ok. I buy them and then use more money for the styling products. I don't think you can use cheap shampoo and a conditioner for a long time and not damage your hair...I've noticed that mine has changed ever since I started using the cheaper brands. Gotta spend the money soon to buy the good stuff : 8)

Originally Posted by bluepisces

I've been hearing so much good stuff about the new Dove haircare and want to try it but I just cant bring myself to buy it! I dont want to say I use Dove shampoo- and isnt that sad considering I'll use anything else by Dove as long as it isnt beauty care? Color me a Brand Name Whore- I feel like I need to do this in a trenchcoat with dark glasses!! (er, kind of the way I buy the Mary Kate & Ashley Lipgloss!)

I actually do buy the cheap Suave shampoos, but I use them for bubblebath- and I get the BIG bottles of the stuff too. Maybe if theres a sample of the Dove stuff somewhere, but still, I cant get past that it's Dove- my dishwashing liquid company!

Originally Posted by bluepisces

I actually do buy the cheap Suave shampoos, but I use them for bubblebath- and I get the BIG bottles of the stuff too. Maybe if theres a sample of the Dove stuff somewhere, but still, I cant get past that it's Dove- my dishwashing liquid company!

Me = Mr. Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep
LOLOLOL

Lol, and now I'm humming the damned commercial! "Ooh La La, Tresemmeeee, OOh La Laaaa"..
biggrin.gif

I always wondered about the Tresemme products...I haven't tried them yet but I'll have to try these products now...

Originally Posted by mamato3cutekids

I use tresemme and love it!!!!!!!

dove is ok. my friends hair is so beautiful and soft and she used dove so i bought it and it did not have the same effects with my hair. its worth a shot..

I've recently started using a drugstore brand - Loreal, I think - but their new colorsafe sulfate-free line. I know exactly how you feel because I used to think the same way but these days, who cares! The lines between luxury and drugstore brands are blurring, for sure.

I used to be like that too, but now I don't care. If it works, I'm all for it. I do find that Dove works amazing! I have really long hair, and it's hard to find shamp&cond that I like. I used to spend so much $$ on hair products. I swear by Dove though. It works so well.

Also;I have to add this...This is the first time ever in my life that I have not had split ends!!!!!!!!!

Personally I love Dove shampoos/conditioners. I have long and thick hair and it works wonders on it. Right now, I'm using some Graham Webb stuff that my mom got me, but once that's done I'll probably go back to using Dove.

If it works, I don't care what the price is!

I never in a million years thought I'd be using Sauve but since I started CO washing that is all I use and its works great. My hair has never looked better.

So I say give the Dove a try. I have use some Dove hair products in the past and they were pretty good.

I agree that the cheap stuff is no good; I used to use the supermarket's cheapest own brand stuff, and my hair always went really stiff and horrible
frown.gif

I used to use Dove hair and body products, and found them to be absolutely brilliant. So brilliant, in the case of the shampoo and conditioner, that I only needed to wash my hair every 4 days
smile.gif
Recently, however, I started to find that it didn't work so well any more, so I started to use the Pantene 'smooth and sleek' products instead, which made my hair go really lovely.

When I shaved my head and the hair started to grow back, I developed a scalp problem that I spent the next several weeks treating with Neutrogena (this smells unbelievably foul, but it definitely works). Once this was done, I dyed my hair and switched to the Pantene colour care range, and now my hair is always really soft and thick
smile.gif

I think with drugstore brands its really hit and miss I bought a Loreal color safe shampoo and conditioner to leave at my boyfriends house so I wasnt hauling stuff back and fourth from his house to mine and it made my hair disgustingly oily haha. If its cheap give it a shot and if you don't like it then toss it =)

Right, so try it or have someone go else go get it for you, lol. If it's not to your liking, dump it, since it's cheap, it wont hurt as much.

Latest posts

Back