Benebaby's "Brows Across the Universe" Campaign

Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews

Help Support Makeuptalk.com - Makeup forums and reviews:

Reaction score
Ladies and Gents... I have officially started a campaign to make our Universe more beautiful. No this isn't a campaign about recycling or using one square of toilet paper....It's all about the brows!!

This may seem rant-like but I am TIRED of seeing the World filled with bad brows. We're talkin tweezed until one inch of life brows, overly arched brows, comma brows, no brows...it's a Universal Epidemic. Being a self-proclaimed Brow Expert I have decided to take matters into my own hands. Here are some of my tips....

-I know mistakes are made, shoot I've been overtweezed before! But grow those bad boys out for at least 3 weeks...don't touch, and have them shaped professionally. I know the pros aren't always right so communicate your wants and needs to your waxer.

-When it comes to brows More is better than less. I'd rather see a unibrow than 3 hairs floating above your eyes. When in doubt about a hair..don't tweeze it.

-If you have sparse brows or brows significantly lighter than your hair, look into tinting or a brow product like Benefit Browzing...it makes an amazing difference. When your brows are in check you look more polished and your eye makeup looks sooo much better.

-Never try to change the shape of your arch/brows you were born with. It will always look artifical and not quite right.

Questions??? Concerns??? Wanna be part of my campaign???

Reaction score
I've come a long way with my brows, IMHO... They're much better, and I'm a lot happier. They've always been sparse, but I feel like my brows look too drawn on if I use wax/powder or a pencil. MAC Show-Off Brow Set has been working good for me I think... They're still a bit thinner than I'd like, but definitely thicker w/ a more uniform shape than when I joined MuT. LOL!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've come a long way with my brows, IMHO... They're much better, and I'm a lot happier. They've always been sparse, but I feel like my brows look too drawn on if I use wax/powder or a pencil. MAC Show-Off Brow Set has been working good for me I think... They're still a bit thinner than I'd like, but definitely thicker w/ a more uniform shape than when I joined MuT. LOL! Yay for Aquilah...congrats on graduating from Brow Rehab!! Oh...and a trick for you... if your brows look too drawn on after applying a brow product, gently comb through them with a clean mascara wand. It helps blend the product with your natural brows and makes it look softer.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bluebird26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Amen!!!! Oh, you remember how horrible they were LOL!
Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yay for Aquilah...congrats on graduating from Brow Rehab!! Oh...and a trick for you... if your brows look too drawn on after applying a brow product, gently comb through them with a clean mascara wand. It helps blend the product with your natural brows and makes it look softer. I did, and to me, they still looked almost "unreal." I'm just glad I'm finally comfortable enough with them I can add some Show-Off, and skip the whole 15 mins. it took to make sure they looked even, didn't look too dark, etc. etc. LOL!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh, you remember how horrible they were LOL! Oh my goodness, no! I was actually referring to Amanda's statement about brows ahaha, I'm a brow freak, God knows how long I spend in front of the mirror trying to pluck my brows to keep them clean even though they're scarse.But now that you mention it, I think you've really done a great job keeping your brows
I haven't seen your FOTD in a long time but I remember the last time I saw them, they looked very natural!

Reaction score
You seriously don't remember how awful they were?! LOL

April 2006... EW!

Here's a more current pic from this week...

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yay!!! They look really pretty! Wow Aquilah!

Reaction score
They're looking great, Aquilah!

I need your help, Amanda! lol! My over plucked brows aren't growing back in. But the ones that are there are black! lol!

Reaction score
Thanks chicas! I've also added my pic from when I joined MuT... EW!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif They're looking great, Aquilah!
I need your help, Amanda! lol! My over plucked brows aren't growing back in. But the ones that are there are black! lol!

Okay...take a deep breath..lol. Like I said it takes MONTHS for them to come back, but if they still don't have no fear. Leave the black ones there!! Once they come in you can lighten them!!

Reaction score
I just wish mine would grow more.. They aren't thin due to overplucking - just went that way when I was younger.... I wish I did have more to work with. If only some of those hairs that like to poke out of my chin and upperlip would move to my brows instead!

Reaction score
I am into your whole brow campaign! Luckily, I just get them waxed every 6 weeks, and tweeze for upkeep.

Reaction score
Love this campaign!! I try my best with my brows, but I'm definitely no expert . . . I'd get them done by a professional, but I don't really trust just anyone with my eyebrows. I mean, they're right on my face, if someone messes up I'm screwed! LOL! at least if I mess up I only have myself to blame

I think I'd like to find someone who was really good and get them to do it though. That would be awesome!

Love the new brows Aquilah!!

Reaction score
Originally Posted by allison0699 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just wish mine would grow more.. They aren't thin due to overplucking - just went that way when I was younger.... I wish I did have more to work with. If only some of those hairs that like to poke out of my chin and upperlip would move to my brows instead! I feel you, I'm in a similar situation. I don't shape my eyebrows myself, I know the dangers in that. But because they are so thin, I do fill them in with shadow. I heard you are supposed to fill them in with a color slightly lighter than your hair color, but sometimes I think the color I use is too thin. Eyebrows are the one makeup aspect I struggle with.

Reaction score
I love how thick, well-shaped eyebrows look on a person! It looks so beautiful. I listened to Benebaby a while ago and got the Benefit Browzing. It DEFINITLEY beats Chanels and its way cheaper! I really like it so thanks for the recommendation Benebaby! My eyebrows arent thin (I barely tweeze my eyebrows) but they're not thick or well shaped either (theyre kinda wierd o_O) Brow product fixes that, every girl should have a compact.

Reaction score
I can't help but think... do you like mine Amanda? You can tell me

All of those pics are old except my avatar, it was this week.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by La_Mari /img/forum/go_quote.gif I can't help but think... do you like mine Amanda? You can tell me

All of those pics are old except my avatar, it was this week.

I think they are nice....but I would like to see them a little fuller. You do a good job with the arch and shaping them though!!
Hope I wan't tooo honest...

Reaction score
I am with you!

Before i started tweezing my eyebrows had a great shape and natural arch, I am so disappointed that i messed them up trying to tweeze them into something thin (when that was the style). I am growing them back though.

Latest posts