Benebaby's "Brows Across the Universe" Campaign

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I too am gilty of over plucking. I went from very thin eyebrows to a little fuller, it's been a strugle letting them grow in but its very well worth it.

P.S. I'm scared to get them done anymore, the last time I had them threaded the girl f*cked them up. I was sooooo upset.
add_shit.gif

I was blessed with full eyebrows, sometimes I feel like I don't know how to shape them though... so I go get them waxed.

i knew there was a place for me to live a happy happy life! i have actually RIPPED the tweezers out of my sister-in-law's hands and told her to stop abusing her brows! she was a little shocked, but i had to take them away from her, she just had no idea what she was doing, so i tried to shape them back as best i could, and filled them in with some eyeshadow, and told her in a month to visit a place that wasnt too expensive and have them TEACH her good upkeep.

i know a lot f girls cant afford to get pro waxed or tweezed, but ifyou havent yet, go at least ONCE to the best place in town, and if you like the outcome, have them teach you how to upkeep. and then tip them well for making you more informed.

I overplucked at one point, but stopped doing much of anything. I've had my brows waxed and they end up a mess! One thicker than the other, too thin, etc. Amanda, you want to come visit San Diego and help us ladies down here with our brows? I could use someone I know won't eff 'em up. I'm totally with you on the brow campaign.

i join !!

i'm no expert, but i'm so sick of seeing shorter, overplucked, half waxed brows. eevery time i see a girl with bad looking eyebrows i have to check mine.

my brows look good now, maybe too thick for my liking but better that than pencil thin brows, been there, doesn't look good on me. except i overplucked on one side so one arch is harsher than the other, so i'm waiting until it grows back
smile.gif

I am happy to join this campaign!

I am still unsure if my brows are as good as they can be or not. There´s not much to tweeze besides under my arches, so regarding the gain of fullness there´s not much I can do. But I am just hoping my thin brows look good with my facial features.

What do you think, Amanda? Any tips on what I could do better? I currently use Astor Brow Pencil. The color is a perfect match, but as you can see my brows aren´t equally full from the startpoint (nose) to the endpoint (temple)

I guess I could also fill them in with powder (I own Browzings as well), but I am afraid pencil + powder would be too much

a015.jpg

I totally support your campaign! What i most hate is those pencil-brows!

Lol.. brows are the one thing I think I'm okay on... but now you got me wondering... I've never done prof (too expensive) and I actually never use to tweeze them but a few years ago some weird hairs started growing in and now I'm hooked :S

I do support your campaign but I don't think I'm doing too terrible.

I am with you!! My work colleague has the grossest brows I've ever seen, plucked to about 1 hair thick!! They are awful. She said something about worrying she'd get a unibrow once and I almost choked on a banana!!

Well you should have seen my brows before I started maintaining them!! lol NOT a pretty sight for sure.... A caveman unibrow plus some!! I still keep them kind of wideish and longish.... have to try to pass in both worlds...
smile.gif

Karren

Check these out.....

3641-EyebrowColors.jpg

Brow toupee's!! Too bad they look like they are made of fun fur? Yikes!

I am curently working on mine but they can't be as bad as the female relatives on my dad's side. My grandma (69), aunt (45), and cousin (16) all have awful brows. The older 2 don't do ANYTHING and my cousin only plucks the middle. They all are bushy and awful on the tails. There is hope for my cousin but I can't figure out a polite way of telling her she needs to get them done.

Originally Posted by shoppingjunkie /img/forum/go_quote.gif I am curently working on mine but they can't be as bad as the female relatives on my dad's side. My grandma (69), aunt (45), and cousin (16) all have awful brows. The older 2 don't do ANYTHING and my cousin only plucks the middle. They all are bushy and awful on the tails. There is hope for my cousin but I can't figure out a polite way of telling her she needs to get them done. Why don't you suggest she goes along with you when you get yours done. Then politely suggest she does it too. Maybe offer to pay for her?? Or have a Girls Day and then tell her....

Im all about the brows because its the one thing people have always criticized me about. lol Now i have my natural shape but i trim them because my eyebrows grow long and they curve down. I then pluck the stray hairs and i use Benefit Browzings in Medium.

What i want to know is what can i use when the wax of the browzings finishes? I have lots of powder left and im not going to buy another one just for the wax. Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by emily_3383 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Im all about the brows because its the one thing people have always criticized me about. lol Now i have my natural shape but i trim them because my eyebrows grow long and they curve down. I then pluck the stray hairs and i use Benefit Browzings in Medium.
What i want to know is what can i use when the wax of the browzings finishes? I have lots of powder left and im not going to buy another one just for the wax. Any suggestions?

Here's a suggestion....It's a moustache wax that comes in 3 colors. Nuetral, Brown and Black. It's a little creamier than the Browzing, I would squeeze a bit out and use and angled brush to apply it. It's VERY inexpensive only about $5. Maybe it would be worth a try?? It will do the same thing.....
3641-070066017069_main.jpg

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Andi...your brows are gorgeous!!! I think they are great as is. aw, thanks. I was hoping that there´s room for improvement, but I am not gonna pass up a compliment on my brows from our very own Brow Expert!!

I definitely join the campaign! Brows do a lot for a face. And Benebaby, I think your brows are one of the prettiest in the world!

I was bored so I made a pic of my brows through the years.. lol:

brows.JPG

The first pic are my bushy brows before they were ever tweezed (about 4 years ago).

Then I started tweezing and they looked pretty good, until for a while I overplucked and they were too thin as you can see in the second pic (scary!
ooops.gif
) This was about a year ago.

And the last pic is how they look right now, there's some small parts that I'm letting grow a little fuller but I'm really happy with their look now!
biggrin.gif

I've always tweezed them myself by the way.

Back