Benebaby's "Brows Across the Universe" Campaign

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
here are mine..sorry the pic is not so great- cell phone. I am feeling they are a little thick but wont do anything until I get some feedback. Maybe yall have a different opinion....

I need help trimming down my eyebrows... how and with what?

The hairs are forever long. Gah.

Originally Posted by piperbaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif here are mine..sorry the pic is not so great- cell phone. I am feeling they are a little thick but wont do anything until I get some feedback. Maybe yall have a different opinion.... Originally Posted by CellyCell /img/forum/go_quote.gif I need help trimming down my eyebrows... how and with what?The hairs are forever long. Gah.

Piper- I actually thought your brows look great!! The thickness is gorgeous and gives a very youthful look.
Celly- In the front of your brows comb up and trim the tips. From the arch back, comb down and trim just the tips. Don't over trim or they will look choppy!

Anyone needing brow advice can feel free to PM me as well!!

Sorry for the delay Piper!! I forgot about this thread too.

I'm really happy you started this thread because I'm never sure if I'm over-plucking or not. I like thinner brows but I don't want to over-do it. I also wonder if I should trim them. I use Sephora's eyebrow pencil in Khaki to darken them and then I use clear gel to set them.

So, Mander's...what's the verdict?

Well....do you wax or tweeze in the middle? Seems like they are a tiny bit to far apart. If you can abstain from tweezing that are it may come back. You have enough hair to get a pretty fierce arch, but it seems you may prefer a more rounded brow. I'd like to see the tails a little fuller, but they still look okay

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Well....do you wax or tweeze in the middle? Seems like they are a tiny bit to far apart. If you can abstain from tweezing that are it may come back. You have enough hair to get a pretty fierce arch, but it seems you may prefer a more rounded brow. I'd like to see the tails a little fuller, but they still look okay I tweeze in the middle and I try to make the edges a little straighter but I'll definately let it grow out. I do like an arch but I'm in the process of growing them out a little so they're a little more rounded than I like. I'll give it few more weeks and then try shaping them again. After that, I'll post new photos. Thanks so much for the help.

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've come a long way with my brows, IMHO... They're much better, and I'm a lot happier. They've always been sparse, but I feel like my brows look too drawn on if I use wax/powder or a pencil. MAC Show-Off Brow Set has been working good for me I think... They're still a bit thinner than I'd like, but definitely thicker w/ a more uniform shape than when I joined MuT. LOL! IS THERE ANYTHING AROUND THAT ACTUALLY GROWS BROWS. THANKS. I AM SO TIRED PUTTING ON BROWS EVERY DAY.

LOVE YOU AQUILAH. YOU HAVE SO MANY GREAT IDEAS.

SHEILAROSE
fly.gif

I'm totally with you on your campaign! Thin eyebrows make women look older. Fuller brows are a great way to look younger. Although I do think an arch can be slightly manipulated if you don't have one naturally by removing a few strategic hairs.

Originally Posted by sheilarose /img/forum/go_quote.gif IS THERE ANYTHING AROUND THAT ACTUALLY GROWS BROWS. THANKS. I AM SO TIRED PUTTING ON BROWS EVERY DAY.

LOVE YOU AQUILAH. YOU HAVE SO MANY GREAT IDEAS.

SHEILAROSE
fly.gif

I've used castor oil on the brows before with great success - so weird, I don't know how that works! I tried to use in on my lashes too but then it kept getting in my eye - not cool lol. Try it out for a week or two (I just used an old mascara wand and combed a little bit through my brows before bed - it also tends to come off on pillow a wee bit) and see if it works for you
smile.gif

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Piper- I actually thought your brows look great!! The thickness is gorgeous and gives a very youthful look.
Celly- In the front of your brows comb up and trim the tips. From the arch back, comb down and trim just the tips. Don't over trim or they will look choppy!

ah, the trimming in different directions is how you do it! I always comb UP and then trim..which works for the front part, but not the arches. THANK YOU!

ok, my turn... I hate them.... any advice please??

I think they look a bit 'clowny', I wish they were longer on the outer edges, but I guess my face isn't very large and my eyes arent that huge, so my brows are probably the right size.... I just wish they weren't rainbow shaped LOL.

anyone please? LOL

I have a ? . Are you supposed to match the brow powder to the color of your brows? Ive heard that you should go 2 shades lighter than your hair color but my brows are dark & my hair is lighter.

i went to MAC and forgot to ask about a pencil to fill in my eyebrows >.<

Belle, i think your brows are beautiful the way they are, maybe use some powder or pencil to make the end of your brows more defined and extend them a bit ? my opinion, i'm no expert.

Back