Benebaby's "Brows Across the Universe" Campaign

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ladies and Gents... I have officially started a campaign to make our Universe more beautiful. No this isn't a campaign about recycling or using one square of toilet paper....It's all about the brows!!

This may seem rant-like but I am TIRED of seeing the World filled with bad brows. We're talkin tweezed until one inch of life brows, overly arched brows, comma brows, no brows...it's a Universal Epidemic. Being a self-proclaimed Brow Expert I have decided to take matters into my own hands. Here are some of my tips....

-I know mistakes are made, shoot I've been overtweezed before! But grow those bad boys out for at least 3 weeks...don't touch, and have them shaped professionally. I know the pros aren't always right so communicate your wants and needs to your waxer.

-When it comes to brows More is better than less. I'd rather see a unibrow than 3 hairs floating above your eyes. When in doubt about a hair..don't tweeze it.

-If you have sparse brows or brows significantly lighter than your hair, look into tinting or a brow product like Benefit Browzing...it makes an amazing difference. When your brows are in check you look more polished and your eye makeup looks sooo much better.

-Never try to change the shape of your arch/brows you were born with. It will always look artifical and not quite right.

Questions??? Concerns??? Wanna be part of my campaign???

salon_main.jpg

Hillary%20Rhoda5.jpg

I've come a long way with my brows, IMHO... They're much better, and I'm a lot happier. They've always been sparse, but I feel like my brows look too drawn on if I use wax/powder or a pencil. MAC Show-Off Brow Set has been working good for me I think... They're still a bit thinner than I'd like, but definitely thicker w/ a more uniform shape than when I joined MuT. LOL!

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif I've come a long way with my brows, IMHO... They're much better, and I'm a lot happier. They've always been sparse, but I feel like my brows look too drawn on if I use wax/powder or a pencil. MAC Show-Off Brow Set has been working good for me I think... They're still a bit thinner than I'd like, but definitely thicker w/ a more uniform shape than when I joined MuT. LOL! Yay for Aquilah...congrats on graduating from Brow Rehab!! Oh...and a trick for you... if your brows look too drawn on after applying a brow product, gently comb through them with a clean mascara wand. It helps blend the product with your natural brows and makes it look softer.

Originally Posted by bluebird26 /img/forum/go_quote.gif Amen!!!! Oh, you remember how horrible they were LOL!
Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yay for Aquilah...congrats on graduating from Brow Rehab!! Oh...and a trick for you... if your brows look too drawn on after applying a brow product, gently comb through them with a clean mascara wand. It helps blend the product with your natural brows and makes it look softer. I did, and to me, they still looked almost "unreal." I'm just glad I'm finally comfortable enough with them I can add some Show-Off, and skip the whole 15 mins. it took to make sure they looked even, didn't look too dark, etc. etc. LOL!

Originally Posted by Aquilah /img/forum/go_quote.gif Oh, you remember how horrible they were LOL! Oh my goodness, no! I was actually referring to Amanda's statement about brows ahaha, I'm a brow freak, God knows how long I spend in front of the mirror trying to pluck my brows to keep them clean even though they're scarse.But now that you mention it, I think you've really done a great job keeping your brows
smile.gif
I haven't seen your FOTD in a long time but I remember the last time I saw them, they looked very natural!

You seriously don't remember how awful they were?! LOL

April 2006... EW!

Huh1.jpg

Here's a more current pic from this week...

me1.jpg

Originally Posted by BeneBaby /img/forum/go_quote.gif Yay!!! They look really pretty! Wow Aquilah!
rockwoot.gif

They're looking great, Aquilah!

I need your help, Amanda! lol! My over plucked brows aren't growing back in. But the ones that are there are black! lol!

Originally Posted by StereoXGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif They're looking great, Aquilah!
I need your help, Amanda! lol! My over plucked brows aren't growing back in. But the ones that are there are black! lol!

Okay...take a deep breath..lol. Like I said it takes MONTHS for them to come back, but if they still don't have no fear. Leave the black ones there!! Once they come in you can lighten them!!

I just wish mine would grow more.. They aren't thin due to overplucking - just went that way when I was younger.... I wish I did have more to work with. If only some of those hairs that like to poke out of my chin and upperlip would move to my brows instead!

I am into your whole brow campaign! Luckily, I just get them waxed every 6 weeks, and tweeze for upkeep.

Love this campaign!! I try my best with my brows, but I'm definitely no expert . . . I'd get them done by a professional, but I don't really trust just anyone with my eyebrows. I mean, they're right on my face, if someone messes up I'm screwed! LOL! at least if I mess up I only have myself to blame
tongue.gif

I think I'd like to find someone who was really good and get them to do it though. That would be awesome!

Love the new brows Aquilah!!

Originally Posted by allison0699 /img/forum/go_quote.gif I just wish mine would grow more.. They aren't thin due to overplucking - just went that way when I was younger.... I wish I did have more to work with. If only some of those hairs that like to poke out of my chin and upperlip would move to my brows instead! I feel you, I'm in a similar situation. I don't shape my eyebrows myself, I know the dangers in that. But because they are so thin, I do fill them in with shadow. I heard you are supposed to fill them in with a color slightly lighter than your hair color, but sometimes I think the color I use is too thin. Eyebrows are the one makeup aspect I struggle with.

I love how thick, well-shaped eyebrows look on a person! It looks so beautiful. I listened to Benebaby a while ago and got the Benefit Browzing. It DEFINITLEY beats Chanels and its way cheaper! I really like it so thanks for the recommendation Benebaby! My eyebrows arent thin (I barely tweeze my eyebrows) but they're not thick or well shaped either (theyre kinda wierd o_O) Brow product fixes that, every girl should have a compact.

I can't help but think... do you like mine Amanda? You can tell me
smile.gif

All of those pics are old except my avatar, it was this week.

Originally Posted by La_Mari /img/forum/go_quote.gif I can't help but think... do you like mine Amanda? You can tell me
smile.gif

All of those pics are old except my avatar, it was this week.

I think they are nice....but I would like to see them a little fuller. You do a good job with the arch and shaping them though!!
Hope I wan't tooo honest...

I am with you!

Before i started tweezing my eyebrows had a great shape and natural arch, I am so disappointed that i messed them up trying to tweeze them into something thin (when that was the style). I am growing them back though.

Latest posts

Back