Benefit - Hello Flawless Liquid Foundation

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
As some of you might know, i'm a HUGE fan of Benefit cosmetics. I just absolutely love their makeup! 
I owned the Hello Flawless powder foundation and it's coverage was amazing. It really did look flawless
They released the liquid foundation form of Hello Flawless. I am thinking about getting to wear on special occasions. 
I tend to only wear powder foundations, but because I loved the powder foundation for Hello Flawless, I might buy this. 

If anyone's wondering, the shade I wear is Petal. During the summer, I turn into Honey easily. lol

Is anyone else interested? :D /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

I saw the ad for these are got super excited until I saw that the color selection seems to start really dark. The ivory color looks more like a match for drug store nudes and beiges. Maybe if it becomes popular they will expand the shade selection *fingers crossed* 

I saw a preview on some very fair-skinned friends, and it still worked. It's gorgeous in person!

Amber is lighter than fair, she has these amazing blue undertones to her skin.

I think, judging by the picture, these are all too orange for me. Wonder when deluxe samples will become available on Sephora or Ulta for free. lol

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Amber is lighter than fair, she has these amazing blue undertones to her skin.

Thanks Zadi!! 
icon_redface.gif

I'd call it more of a pain in the butt than anything though. 

Yes I AM interested--I love Benefit too and would be interested in trying this--I hope they get them in my local SiJCP, otherwise I don't know how I would figure out what shade I would wear.  I'll have to keep checking the store for these!

I found these swatches online if anyone is interested in seeing their consistency: 

They seem to be orange, but I would check them out at the store if you can because when you apply Benefit foundation, they are actually lighter than they appear :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> 

Going a little OT: The problem with swatch photos is that the color can be really inaccurate depending on the camera used, camera settings, lighting conditions, both when the picture is taken as well as lighting conditions we're viewing the photo in. Plus, everyone's monitor is a little different, so the color that I'm seeing will be a little different than what anyone else sees unless everyone is using a calibrated monitor, and unless one is a serious photographer, you're not using using a calibrated monitor.

And the color swatches on the store/manufacturer web sites are always awful, to me anyway. Buying on-line is always a gamble unless you're buying something that you've seen in person or used and know is the right shade.

I agree with you. That's why it is better to see the actual product in the store :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by Carol D. /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Going a little OT: The problem with swatch photos is that the color can be really inaccurate depending on the camera used, camera settings, lighting conditions, both when the picture is taken as well as lighting conditions we're viewing the photo in. Plus, everyone's monitor is a little different, so the color that I'm seeing will be a little different than what anyone else sees unless everyone is using a calibrated monitor, and unless one is a serious photographer, you're not using using a calibrated monitor.

And the color swatches on the store/manufacturer web sites are always awful, to me anyway. Buying on-line is always a gamble unless you're buying something that you've seen in person or used and know is the right shade.

Hi Tulipp,

Just to clarify, I wasn't criticizing your swatch photos, just commenting that most swatch photos can have significant accuracy issues when it comes to showing colors. 
smile.gif

I tried this out in Bloomingdale's yesterday and eeesh it's very orange. Well, for me at least.

Carol D.

I know you weren't :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I agreed with you, that lighting and photography has a lot to do with how a product or a picture appears to be! That's why it's best to go see it in the actual store! haha 

I'm always up for a new foundation to try! I'll have to check this out during my next Sephora excursion. Which hopefully won't be too soon..

I got into a House Party campaign for this line, so my friends and I will get to try them all, plus get samples of other goodies from Benefit. So excited!

Latest posts

Back