benefit honey snap out of it face scrub

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I loved the old formula of this scrub (in the tub). It made my skin squeaky-clean but very soft. I have the new formula now and it's also good but the scent is a little different and I don't care for it too much. I think it basically works the same though. If you get it, use it as a scrub and leave it on for a few minutes- it doubles as a mask. HTH!
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse any opinions on this scrub? only one review in the review center.

thanks for the info.
smile.gif
so it has a good amount of scrubbies? theyre not too harsh, are they?

It has less scrubbies than most other scrubs I have used. They're supposed to be almonds or something so they're larger than most but aren't very hard/harsh. I like it cause you can control the rigor of your scrubbing. You can use a softer touch for a light buff or press harder and rub faster for a harsher scrub.

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse thanks for the info.
smile.gif
so it has a good amount of scrubbies? theyre not too harsh, are they?

so overall is it special enough to get, or should i just make do with what i have? i guess thats the real question. lol.
smile.gif

Maybe scarlette can give you some info the next time she's around.. I'm not familiar w/ the Benefit scrubs... but I like lots of 'scrubbies' too!
icon_cheesygrin.gif

What are you using now? I've used a lot of stuff so maybe I can compare. I think the scrub is special enough to get altho I do prefer the old formula.
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse so overall is it special enough to get, or should i just make do with what i have? i guess thats the real question. lol.
smile.gif

I like the old formula of this scrub but the new one just didn't do it for me. It is me or has Benefit changed their make -up & skin care line for worse? I was a Benefit-a-holic and now, nothing that they have gets my attention.

Originally Posted by wongy74 What are you using now? I've used a lot of stuff so maybe I can compare. I think the scrub is special enough to get altho I do prefer the old formula.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
i use a ton of different stuff, but right now im using peter thomas roth strawberry scrub. i like the scent and scrubbing action of a manual scrub, but i rotate with the aspirin mask for a more thourough exfoliation. the aspirin mask just isnt much fun. lol.
i also sometimes use keihls pineapple papaya face mask, st ives apricot scrub, totally juicy berry scrub...and some others that escape my mind.

i just want something that has a gooda mount of scrubbies and smells fantastic enough to justify getting when i have all this other stuff that i havent used up yet.

thanks for your help, everyone!

HI there.. I am here to help!

First, let me slap down a little info about the scrub before I begin:

<b>Redbook Magazine's 2004 MVP Beauty Award Winner for Best Scrub</b>

Hit the snooze button one more time with this 2-in-1 wash & scrub. This morning must gently unclogs pores and exfoliates… you’ll feel the difference in days. Leave it on for three minutes and you've got a mask and exfoliator in one. Sweet almond meal <b>gently</b> exfoliates while honey & Vitamin E make this great for all skin types. Honey snap out of it… Scrub is a great guy buy… it helps prevent ingrown hairs from shaving.*$23.00.

First of all, let me just say this scrub lasted me like a year! It now comes in a squeeze tube for hygiene reasons.. no hands in the tub! I noticed that the old tub version, which I've seen available on ebay, was a lot thicker and pasty. This new version is creamy and a little more gentle. It's a DAILY scrub, it's just that gentle. It's made with almond skin, and almond paste, I believe, so it's not like chunks of almond digging into you. I have sold many of these, it was our best selling skincare product for dry skin. Now, if you are oily to normal, you may really be interested in the Pineapple Poish, which smells REALLY good and is a twice per week scrub due to Jojoba scrubbies which are a little more exfoliating. People use this on their body too, but I choose not to because of the price. It's 24 bucks, I save it for my face! If you can get a sample of it, try it out. The Honey Scrub sample lasted me more than a week. I like to use it as a mask twice per week. Although my skin is oily, I get dry spots here and there and this stuff usually takes care of that. Let us know how you did with it !

Oh... the only one of those I used is the st. ives apricot scrub. The Benefit is def. gentler than the st. ives.
icon_biggrin.gif

Originally Posted by Haloinrverse i use a ton of different stuff, but right now im using peter thomas roth strawberry scrub. i like the scent and scrubbing action of a manual scrub, but i rotate with the aspirin mask for a more thourough exfoliation. the aspirin mask just isnt much fun. lol.
i also sometimes use keihls pineapple papaya face mask, st ives apricot scrub, totally juicy berry scrub...and some others that escape my mind.

i just want something that has a gooda mount of scrubbies and smells fantastic enough to justify getting when i have all this other stuff that i havent used up yet.

thanks for your help, everyone!

Originally Posted by wongy74 Oh... the only one of those I used is the st. ives apricot scrub. The Benefit is def. gentler than the st. ives.
icon_biggrin.gif
I've used this also... and Clinique's Exfoliator... but I think I might have to check out the pineapple one Scarlette mentioned... I have really wierd skin... I can have dry flaky patches in some spots & oily shine in others...
icon_rolleyes.gif
I really like almond scrubs too - so maybe I'll have to try both!
tongue.gif

thanks for all the info scalette.
smile.gif
looks like i definitely need this one. can you believe that ive never been to a sephora? im planning my first sephora trip this june, and unless i get the scrub in a swap, itll be the first time i can check it out.

im dry right now, but ill be oily in the summer....so i guess ill just have to wait and see. i really love honey scented products right now, and i already have keihls pineapple papaya (i not big on pineapple scent.) so ill be sure to test them both out.

thanks!

Latest posts

Back