Benefit Rare Beauty Kit (Snow White and the Huntsman)

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yup that is a fail. They could've done so much with it too! 

Though I may buy it since I just had a teeny tiny sample of the porefessional and quite liked it and I need a new mascara any way cause mine is getting old. 

How on earth do you have an item that's getting old? LOL

But, yeah, I would've expected something somehow different. I figured there would be Benetint in there (the rosy cheeks), but I think they really dropped the ball on the rest.

lol! Well I only use diorshow mascara. I obviously have other mascaras laying around, but I won't use them, hahaha. Which I guess would defeat the purpose of getting this one.

And yeah, where are the rosy cheeks? I don't know how well the lip product works, but I would've expected a bright red lipstick, they could've skipped the nail polish imo. Its pretty boring. 

Um, I use Benetint on my cheeks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It works equally well there or on the lips....and where do you see a nail polish in this set?

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Um, I use Benetint on my cheeks :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" /> It works equally well there or on the lips....and where do you see a nail polish in this set?

Am I hallucinating? lol, I don't even remember posting in this thread! I think I need to stop waking up at 5 AM on Saturdays.

They should have atleast added a gloss to glide over your lipstain and maybe one eyeshadow as well.. That would have made the kit a nice set.

With a name like Rare beauty, you would think it would have a limited edition product or one exclusive to this kit.

Originally Posted by internetchick /img/forum/go_quote.gif

With a name like Rare beauty, you would think it would have a limited edition product or one exclusive to this kit.

EXACTLY. There just seemed to be "nothing" to make it worth purchasing, imho

The price point is INCREDIBLE, but it doesn't really seem relevent to the theme OR live up to the name. While I would totally get this since I've been dying to try porefessional... I can understand how it's a monumental buzzkill for people who were wanting to see limited edition or particularly exciting products.

I want this. I don't want to want it, but I do, lol! My bday is the 19th and I was going to break my no-buy for some porefessional anyway...

This set is kind of just their standard set they make for Sephora, but repackaged. I mean, I've see these products in Sephora sets over and over again last year.

Kind of sad that they didn't at least do a blusher and a lipstain, and then a eyeshadow too or something like that.

It's a nice enough set but it doesn't feel fresh or unique.

Exactly; it's decent if you wanted to try out the High Beam or Benetint AND wanted a full-sized POREfessional, but otherwise, meh.

And it had such potential, that's the part killing me.

I may go ahead and get this. I think the makeup bag is so cute and I need another one anyway. The only thing in the kit I dont want or will get any use out of is the mascara.. but I can always give it away or even try to trade it. 

Oh, Benefit. Blerg. So disappointing! I was really, really hoping for something that was new, unique and special--and they really could have done so much with this set! Benefit is really creative with their products and their packaging for them. Unfortunately, I kinda assumed it was just gonna be the same old stuff just repackaged since that's what they usually do. Come on Benefit! Do something new. Sheesh. I actually already have everything in this set (except for the bag, of course) so this is a definite pass for me.

The makeup bag is cute though. It would be a good starter set for someone who is just getting into makeup. There should have been a limited edition item in that kit. If they had gone that route I would have been sold.

I agree

Originally Posted by TacomaGirl /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The makeup bag is cute though. It would be a good starter set for someone who is just getting into makeup. There should have been a limited edition item in that kit. If they had gone that route I would have been sold.

I just read about this on the Makeup and Beauty Blog yesterday. I personally won't be getting it because I don't have enough interest in the products to spend $45. The bag is cute though.

Unless you're running out of the primer and love their mascara I don't see anything that makes this a "rare" beauty kit.  Just buying one of their regular sets from Sephora gives you more value than this.

Latest posts

Back