Benefit

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
here some stuff ive been dieing to get from benefit like

benefit foundation brush

benefit bad gal mascara

have any idea on how it works, is the mascara really that great? does it clump?

the foundation brush i want it cause its cheap lol, and i heard it works great.

Welcome to MUT. I am Marisol from San Francisco and I look forward to getting to know you.

I have used their mascara and it clumped on me. I had heard really good things about it too so I wanted to try it. It might be that I had a bad batch because I do know that other users like it. As far as the brush, have never used it.

Hi there! I am Scarlette, a Benefit makeup artist for 2.5 years. I can answer any questions about Benefit that you may have. Bad Gal lash isn't for everyone, it is a thickening, lengthening and curling mascara in a very dark black shade. It has a very full brush and may be hard to use if your lashes are very short, if that's the case, ask the Benefit MA for some clean mascara wands to throw in your bag, those work great and they are a lot smaller. Bad Gal lash is a similar formula to Christian Dior's DiorShow mascara. If you want to try a more natural mascara, Benefit has the Plush mascara in different colors and also comes in black.

As far as our amazing foundation brush goes.. it's hard to keep in stock. It's always sold out!!! It works soo good! I use it for everything, including eye shadow.

Hiya Lindabear.. I've only ever used their eyebright pencil so i cant help you out on this one but i know Scarlette is a MA for them so she might be able to help you.

Welcome to MuT by the way! I'm Laura from Ireland
biggrin.gif

i guess that mascara isn't for me my lashes arn't long but isn't to short, so do u think that plush mascara would work for me, im also thinking about getting the powder brush and fan brush, and as for the foundation brush, since you are a benefit MA ill take your word and all the reviews ive seen for this brush.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
oh yea i really like the gabbi makeup case. its just to cute. :icon_love

Originally Posted by Lindabear i guess that mascara isn't for me my lashes arn't long but isn't to short, so do u think that plush mascara would work for me, im also thinking about getting the powder brush and fan brush, and as for the foundation brush, since you are a benefit MA ill take your word and all the reviews ive seen for this brush.
icon_cheesygrin.gif
oh yea i really like the gabbi makeup case. its just to cute. :icon_love I think that if you want a mascara that isn't thick, then go for the Plush mascara. Bad Gal lash is very dramatic. The powder brush will be discontinued, so please do buy it ASAP if you want it, our new Kabuki brush will replace it very soon. I actually think that the Kabuki will be better anyway! The fan brush is something I would stay away from. We had a fantastic one in the past that still may be available on our website, but not sure it's still there. We have a section called "Bye-Buys" where you can purchase discontinued products! Good luck and let me know how the stuff works out!
EDIT.. here's the link to the old fan brush that I love:

http://www.benefitcosmetics.com/bene...t=brushes&pg=1

hey scarlette i think ill wait for the kabuki brush but just wondering will they be the same color? white? i like to have my brushes the same color teehee. so why do u say i should stay away from the fan brush? is it not worth it??? well let me know thanks alot.

Hi Linda! Welcome to MUT!

I am Scarlette's BFF and also a makeup artist for Benefit. Bad Gal is Saturday night mascara. If you want lashes that look false....go for it! It is extremely black, the blackest I've found, and is only available in, well......black! As for the foundation brush, it is pretty much the best thing that has ever happened to me. I use it for foundation, concealer, highlighter, cream shadow, to pack on powder shadow it is THE brush to own. For $20 bucks it is a bargain too. I too have been with Benefit for 2 years and am open to questions, concerns, raves and rants. In addition to the items you mentioned, here are my Bene-Faves....

Dandelion- Our best selling product and the recipient of the Cosmetics Executive Award for best overall product.

BrowZing- This wax and powder brow kit will make your brows FIERCE!

BeneTint- The original(29 years old and still going strong) and the best cheek and lip stain.

Kiss Me Gloss- The sheerest fuschia gloss. I have about a hundred of them JIC. One in every purse, coat pocket, car, work etc.

EyeCon- Pack those bags and take off your shades! EyeCon really fades dark circles.

tongue.gif

On the topic of BeneFit.. my sister wants to get a new bronzing powder & i was gonna get her to try Hoola. What do ye think of that girls?

i heard so much about the bad gal mascara, so i bought it last week. But I'm very disappointed about it, it did nothing for my lashes
icon_evil.gif

Originally Posted by Laura On the topic of BeneFit.. my sister wants to get a new bronzing powder & i was gonna get her to try Hoola. What do ye think of that girls? Hoola is an excellent natural looking bronzer. It is a yellow-based brown with NO shimmer. It also contains squalene which is a natural anti-bacterial! DO NOT apply Hoola with the little bristle brush that comes with it. USe a "skunk" brush or very soft blush brush. Hoola aso looks pretty as an eyeshadow!
icon_lol.gif

Originally Posted by Lindabear hey scarlette i think ill wait for the kabuki brush but just wondering will they be the same color? white? i like to have my brushes the same color teehee. so why do u say i should stay away from the fan brush? is it not worth it??? well let me know thanks alot. The new Kabuki Brush or "Bluff Puff" as we are calling it, is not white. It has a short "nub" handle that is black with multi-color stripes through it. It is an accessory to our new "Bluffing" Collection. The collection is made up of products that conceal and even red tones in the skin. In regards to the new fan brush, stay away! It is synthetic and really has no purpose. It will NOT blend your shadows or diffuse color. Your best bet is the old one, it was made of goat hair, and was amazing!!! It may still be available on our site. Prescriptives also makes a great fan brush. It is a little thicker than our original though.
icon_smile.gif

Originally Posted by Midgard i heard so much about the bad gal mascara, so i bought it last week. But I'm very disappointed about it, it did nothing for my lashes
icon_evil.gif
Sorry it didn't work out. Let us now what you end up liking!

Yeah, I posted a link to that fan brush up above and it does work. The new black one with the white handle is gross, it is really used for nothing.. It's basically a mudflap for Barbie's big rig.

I am surprised that Bad Gal lash did nothing for your lashes.. hmm.. I wish I could help you in person.

Originally Posted by Midgard i heard so much about the bad gal mascara, so i bought it last week. But I'm very disappointed about it, it did nothing for my lashes
icon_evil.gif
Same here... I was really sad cause I had heard so many good things about it.

I use their moisturizer, their creaseless shadows (LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!) and their porefessional, which is awesome!

I've tried the Bad Gal Lash mascara and really have to say that their newer one "They're Real" is so much better. It's a different kind of brush and goes on without any clumping. Also, the foundation brush is great!

I love "They're Real"-it's actually my favorite mascara out of all of the mascaras I've ever tried. I tried BadGal at one point (years ago, I think maybe 2008-2009? somewhere in there?) and I don't remember falling over at how well it worked, nor do I remember having any problems with it. My only issue with "They're Real" so far (this is my second tube-I repurchased, which says something since I'm usually more apt to try something else than repurchase unless I really, truly love a product) is that when they say waterproof, they also mean makeup remover proof-it's more difficult to remove than any other mascara I think I have ever come in contact with. It is a FANTASTIC mascara-it lengthens, curls, defines, and thickens in one swoop. It does NOT layer well, but it honestly doesn't need it. I have minimal complaints about flaking.

I would highly recommend They're Real. BadGal didn't make an impression on me.

Latest posts

Back