Benefit's Bluff Dust

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone used Benefit's new Bluff Dust? What are your opinions on the color/texture/coverage? My skin has a ruddy tone that I would love to counteract, and this looks like it might do the trick. Also, I know they make a special kabuki to use with it; do you think that the brush is necessary in making the powder look flawless? I would easily fork out the $20 if it made the application perfect...thanks for your opinions!

I was interested in this stuff b/c it sounds cool, but one of the girls here said she loved it but then when she saw herself in pictures it was "no bueno". I guess she said she looked like a ghost and it was def. from the yellow bluff dust. maybe she'll see this thread and respond in greater detail. I guess I was just persuaded not to get it
icon_cry.gif
, but maybe you could sample it out before you buy it!!! Powders are so weird on me, coloring, etc. I think we've talked about that before you oompa loompa, you
icon_cheesygrin.gif

You should go and try it. Benefit stuff is in loads of places here in the UK so I imagine it must be fairly easy to get over in the states. I've never tried that product, but I did find that the Chantecaille real skin that's in a pale yellow shade made my rosy cheeks look much less noticable.

I really don't have anything from Benefit, but this sounds pretty good... let us know if you get it
wink.gif

HI! I am BeneBaby half of the duo that rules Benefit Land on MUT. Bluff Dust is a finely milled, translucent yellow powder. It is used to reduce redness and even skintone. It works especially well on people with rosy cheeks and rosacea. The Bluff Puff or kabuki brush that is sold seperately is very good and very soft. It disperses the product nicely and smoothly onto the skin. At $20 it is a steal for a natural brush. The Chanel kabuki retails over $30. I say try it out at a Benefit counter and see for yourself. I don't have redness, so I don't use it. I have tried it though and secretly wished I had redness to conceal??????? Good Luck!!:icon_love

I wish I had a counter where I live, but we only have the basic ones, like Elizabeth Arden, EL, Clinique, and Lancome. Next time I head to SLC I will swing by a benefit counter and check it out...or just order it from the internet and cross my fingers
icon_cheesygrin.gif

Back