Best BB Cream?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the Missha Perfect Cover in shade 27 and the formula is really nice, but unfortunately the shade just doesn't suit my skin tone.  I like it so much that I'm reordering in a lighter shade.  

Where is the best place to order the Missha from, price wise, once you factor in shipping? 

I get most of my Korean cosmetics from cosmetic-love.com, Cheapest I have found anywhere (including shipping - of course, LET ME KNOW if someone knows of better places :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) free samples and genuine as far as I can tell. I have also successfully bought from several sellers on ebay & amazon but always check feedback first!

Originally Posted by bluemustang /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Where is the best place to order the Missha from, price wise, once you factor in shipping? 

Originally Posted by bigwhitesky /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I get most of my Korean cosmetics from cosmetic-love.com, Cheapest I have found anywhere (including shipping - of course, LET ME KNOW if someone knows of better places :p /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />) free samples and genuine as far as I can tell. I have also successfully bought from several sellers on ebay & amazon but always check feedback first!

Thanks! 

What's the difference between the pink and gold label skin79 BB cream?

I'm thinking of getting that one. I wasn't sure which I wanted to get, but the packaging of skin 79 sucked me in haha. It just seemed so cool.

Originally Posted by xoxelizabeth189 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What's the difference between the pink and gold label skin79 BB cream?

I'm thinking of getting that one. I wasn't sure which I wanted to get, but the packaging of skin 79 sucked me in haha. It just seemed so cool.
I think the gold was meant for more dry skin (it's a bit thicker than the pink one). However, I've heard lots of people w/ oily skin say that they like the gold better b/c it provides more coverage and stays on longer. 

I too have very oily skin and have tried the gold one. it stayed on longer than I thought it would and didn't look cakey while giving me better coverage than my go-to bb cream (missha m perfect cover). I haven't tried out the pink however, so I can't comment on that. I've seen several ebay sellers selling packs of 3 minis so you could try them both out.

I've had terrible luck with the gold because it is very dry.  My skin is normal to dry and it dries out my skin.  

Originally Posted by icecreamofwheat /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I think the gold was meant for more dry skin (it's a bit thicker than the pink one). However, I've heard lots of people w/ oily skin say that they like the gold better b/c it provides more coverage and stays on longer. 

I too have very oily skin and have tried the gold one. it stayed on longer than I thought it would and didn't look cakey while giving me better coverage than my go-to bb cream (missha m perfect cover). I haven't tried out the pink however, so I can't comment on that. I've seen several ebay sellers selling packs of 3 minis so you could try them both out.

Yeah after I had posted about those two I watched a review of the pink one by Ingrid/missglamourazzi and she said that pink was for oily and gold was for normal to dry skin.

But she also said a ton of places are selling fakes so I'm not sure where to order. I found some for like $13 on amazon but I don't know what the going rate for it is. If $13 is really inexpensive then I'd be worried it's fake.

I don't think Skin79 is particularly high end to begin with, so you should be fine. I bought this one from seoulglamour and I'm pretty sure it's legitimate. if it says 'beblesh' cream don't worry--I think there was something weird with copyright issues and they couldn't call it a beauty balm cream.

Yeah after I had posted about those two I watched a review of the pink one by Ingrid/missglamourazzi and she said that pink was for oily and gold was for normal to dry skin.

But she also said a ton of places are selling fakes so I'm not sure where to order. I found some for like $13 on amazon but I don't know what the going rate for it is. If $13 is really inexpensive then I'd be worried it's fake.

Has anyone tried the Leoile(sp?) BB cream? I was watching a video by Ingrid/missglamourazzi and she said that she liked it better than the Skin79 one because it was less grey.

Now I don't know which to get.

I just bought the Garnier one last week and am loving it so far. I don't typically use foundation all over my face, just on my cheeks, but I don't find this gives TOO much coverage, just the right amount. 

I have fair skin so I bought the light/medium option and I agree, it does look dark coming out of the tube but it's not on application. I don't find it heavy and it looks good all day which is great. I like that I'm getting up and only putting on one thing, instead of moisturizer, foundation, etc. I will say though, that it has a pretty strong smell - not bad, just really perfumy.

I'm waiting to see whether it's going to bother my skin but so far so good. I'll post an update if it does!

It's not a BB cream at all, but I find I got a similar result from the Dermalogica tinted moisturizer - but the coverage wasn't quite as nice.  

I've been using Boscia. The coverage is excellent, and it makes my skin look really smooth and fresh, to the point where people have commented on my skin. I'm fairly pale, so I do mix it with a little lighter foundation.

I'm in love with Dior Hydra Life's BB Creme after a Sephora employee suggest I try that than Smashbox's. The coverage is unbelievable & it matches my skin so perfectly unlike Dr. Jart (NC35). However, I'm not in love with the price tag :( /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I've been using Boscia. The coverage is excellent, and it makes my skin look really smooth and fresh, to the point where people have commented on my skin. I'm fairly pale, so I do mix it with a little lighter foundation.
I have been trying this out the past few days thanks to a Sephora sample and totally agree with what you are saying, my face looks fresh and smooth, I am very happy with it. I look great even after a full day! I have been using a primer though. It is to dark for me (guessing i am NW15 to 20) so I have been mixing it with a little vita zing to lighten it up. It also oxidizes (sp?) on me some as well so I really don't need much product to look great. This will last me forever! I do have a few little bumps on my chin the past few days but I am not sure if it is from this or other products I am trying out so I am going to back off the new skincare and keep trying this. Sure hope it's not this!

I'm in love with Dior Hydra Life's BB Creme after a Sephora employee suggest I try that than Smashbox's. The coverage is unbelievable & it matches my skin so perfectly unlike Dr. Jart (NC35). However, I'm not in love with the price tag :(
This is the first BB cream I tried (100 point sephora bonus, tiny tube!) and I had to mix with moisturizer because it was much, much darker but it is what made me want to try the others out. Even with mixing it the coverage was fantastic!

Do you think the Garnier one would work throught the summer as I get tanner?

I have NC20 skin tone and was hoping to get a BB cream I could use when needed during the summer instead of buying like 2 different shades of foundation.

I wanted to try an actual BB cream, but most are grey toned and would probably make me look whiter which could look bad if the rest of me is tanned.

Do you think the Garnier one would work throught the summer as I get tanner?

I have NC20 skin tone and was hoping to get a BB cream I could use when needed during the summer instead of buying like 2 different shades of foundation.

I wanted to try an actual BB cream, but most are grey toned and would probably make me look whiter which could look bad if the rest of me is tanned.
Are you currently using the darker shade of the Garnier? If not, switching to that when you tan may work perfectly.

Originally Posted by calexxia /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are you currently using the darker shade of the Garnier? If not, switching to that when you tan may work perfectly.

No I'm not using any at all. I was hoping I'd be able to get the lighter shade and use it for when I'm tan and not tan. 

I'm worried that if I get the light now, it will be too light when I tan and if I get the dark then it'll be too dark, when I go on vacation in like 2 weeks.

Back