Best BB Cream?

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know theres a million threads on this but I did a quick search and didn't find much on different kinds.

What are your favorite BB Creams and wheres the best place to buy them?

I wanted to try the Garnier one but I read reviews and everyone says it's not as good as the Asian brands.

I haven't tried any of the asian ones, but I just bought the Garnier one and like it.

It looks REALLY dark in the tube, at least to me, because I have really pale skin. But once you put it on, it evens out everything nicely! I have some redness on my nose and it helps make that go away. Plus I use it on my eyelids to even them out, and my cheeks. It doesn't feel heavy at all, and while I do use concealer on my undereyes, that's pretty much all I need. I feel like it's like a tinted moisturizer.

I think it's definitely worth a shot!

Western BB brands that I know:

• Smashbox
  • Too Faced
  • Garnier
  • Clinique
  • Boscia

Also sold at Sephora - Dr. Jart (Korean brand)

Korean and other Asian brands that I know:

• Dr. Jart.
  • Skin79
  • Missha (considered the best, I've never tried)
  • Laneige
  • Skinfood

The original:

I've tried Smashbox, Too Faced, Garnier and Skin79. I love Skin79 but it did have to grow on me. I wasn't sold on it at first. I still don't like Garnier - dislike the smell - and Smashbox is too dark. Of all the Western brands I've tried I like Too Faced but it's a bit on the orange side for me.

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Western BB brands that I know:

• Smashbox
  • Too Faced
  • Garnier
  • Clinique
  • Boscia

Also sold at Sephora - Dr. Jart (Korean brand)

Korean and other Asian brands that I know:

• Dr. Jart.
  • Skin79
  • Missha (considered the best, I've never tried)
  • Laneige
  • Skinfood

The original:

I've tried Smashbox, Too Faced, Garnier and Skin79. I love Skin79 but it did have to grow on me. I wasn't sold on it at first. I still don't like Garnier - dislike the smell - and Smashbox is too dark. Of all the Western brands I've tried I like Too Faced but it's a bit on the orange side for me.
I was thinking of trying either Skin79 or Missha. What didn't you like about Skin79 at first?

Is there a particular color I should be looking at if I'm like NC 20 in Mac?

You know I don't really remember. I think it was the color and texture of it because it wasn't like any thing that I've ever tried. I eventually loved it and use it as a base for my mineral foundation or mix it into my liquid foundation. All the Korean brands tend to come in one color but the Western brands tend to come in a variety of colors. Garnier only comes in two shades - light/medium and medium/dark. Too Faced has four (I have a post with swatches here) and Smashbox has four I think. I need to go to my local Sephora and get the rest of the samples to do the swatches for those.

I use the Missha Perfect Cover in 23 (Natural beige).  I love the brightening properties and the fact that I'm one and done.  No need for a separate primer/foundation.  The only problem I have is during summer.  I live in Arizona so the intense heat sometimes makes my face itch from the cream.  Just might be me though.  I'm wearing it right now and no problems 
biggrin.gif

I like missha perfect cover. My skin is very uneven with red patches around the cheeks and it actually covers everything!! It always give a new dewy look.

Skin Food Aloe BB Cream is really good. I haven't tried Missha yet but I heard so many good things about it. Danahan is one of my favorites but it's not easily available. I have tried Skin 79 hot pink and that one too is my favorite. However, these are all greyish except for Skin food which suits my skin tone well. I am an NC25 and #1 works amazingly well. It's also water based so you don't need to worry if have oily skin. So far none of these bb creams broke me out. I'm yet to try the missha bb cream but I think I will like it as much. Asian bb creams are a lot different than Western bb creams which I heard is only like a tinted moisturizer. I don't have any luck with Garnier products, they all break me out so I'm not trying their bb cream. Their eye bb roll-on is a good under eye concealer though :) /emoticons/[email protected] 2x" width="20" height="20" />

Originally Posted by zadidoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

You know I don't really remember. I think it was the color and texture of it because it wasn't like any thing that I've ever tried. I eventually loved it and use it as a base for my mineral foundation or mix it into my liquid foundation. All the Korean brands tend to come in one color but the Western brands tend to come in a variety of colors. Garnier only comes in two shades - light/medium and medium/dark. Too Faced has four (I have a post with swatches here) and Smashbox has four I think. I need to go to my local Sephora and get the rest of the samples to do the swatches for those.
I saw the Garnier at my local CVS and almost bought it. But I was buying a bunch of lip butters so I decided to wait and check out reviews.

The asian one's seem like they're better coverage.

Do you find you could use it alone? I just want something as a one and done product to even out my skin tone without using foundation.

I have the Garnier one, and I can use it alone. I have to use a little concealer on my zombie circle undereyes, but that's about it. 

Honestly, to me, it looks like foundation when you squeeze it out of the tube. 

I'm used to wearing tinted moisturizer though, so I don't need heavy coverage. Just a little something to help even things out some, which this product does perfectly. 

I am new in using BB cream, I have one from The Face Shop, LOVE ME:EX BB Cream from their LOVE ME:EX collection. They recommend it for beginners in BB cream. My friend said Skin Food's Aloe BB Cream is good it does cover the uneven tone on her face. I also read a lot of good reviews about Misha Perfect Cover BB cream, and I am planning to buy one this coming week.

Are BB creams good as primers or moisturizers underneath primers? I always use full coverage foundations so using it alone would not work.

It would depend on what bb cream you get.  I bought Skin79 Gold but I find it very drying so I have to mix it mix it with moisturizer so it won't dry out my face.  If you pick a more moisturizing one, you can probably use it like a tinted moisturizer or primer under your regular foundation.  I tried to do this but I found it got cakey on me but I prefer sheer coverage most of the time.

Originally Posted by Adrienne /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Are BB creams good as primers or moisturizers underneath primers? I always use full coverage foundations so using it alone would not work.

Originally Posted by xoxelizabeth189 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The asian one's seem like they're better coverage.

BB creams produced for the Asian market are actually formulated for Asian skin-type and infused with grey pigments, which are used to whiten the skin and may eliminate the reddness (thus providing the better coverage). I've tried Garniers BB cream and it really seems like a good purchase. The texture is lightweight, it isn't oily, the skin instantly feels moisturized, and it provides sheer coverage and radiance. What I really love about it is that it instantly makes the skin feel refreshed. I'd say this is a perfect product to carry around in your bag for some touch-ups on the go...

I love the korean branded bbcream. The Skin Food peach sake bbcream is my favourite and I buy it from www.momomango.com online. My friends love the Skin Food red bean and aloe ones as well. I hear the Etude House precious (??) one is popular but haven't tried it myself. The only problem is sometimes bbcream might be too light for people with tanned skin.

​
Originally Posted by asiangal /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love the korean branded bbcream. The Skin Food peach sake bbcream is my favourite and I buy it from www.momomango.com online. My friends love the Skin Food red bean and aloe ones as well. I hear the Etude House precious (??) one is popular but haven't tried it myself. The only problem is sometimes bbcream might be too light for people with tanned skin.

i got a free sample of etude house bb cream..  i love it! i plan on buying it very soon.....

ooh another good one i just heard about is the face shop clean face oil free bbcream. It's really good for oily skin

I have the oriental gold one, and I think it's pretty much the same formula. what's weird is I have dry skin, but all tinted moisturizers/liquid foundations I've ever used made my skin look oily, or at least very shiny. when you say 'drying', is that different from matte vs. shiny? so something could make your skin *feel* dry but look kind of greasy?

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It would depend on what bb cream you get.  I bought Skin79 Gold but I find it very drying so I have to mix it mix it with moisturizer so it won't dry out my face.

I have both the Dr. Jart Premium BB (SPF 45, in the gold tube) and the Boscia BB Cream (SPF 27). They are both VERY different. I usually end up mixing them both. =)

The Dr. Jart BB is a paler color and doesn't go on very thick. This one doesn't have as much coverage, but I love how it is SPF 45/PA+++. It also has peptides, which is nice I suppose.

The Boscia BB cream goes on much thicker and covers so much! It made my huge pores disappear when I sampled it at Sephora. And a tiny dot of product goes a long, long way. It is darker (too dark for me), but when I spike it with the paler Dr. Jart, the color is perfect on my skin. This doesn't have enough sunscreen for me though with only SPF 27 (European ancestry in high desert Albuquerque here), which is another reason I like to mix the two.

I only apply the creams to my red/ruddy areas near my nose, chin, and between my eyes. I use it to even out the dark circles under my eyes too. I top everything off with Physicians Formula highlighting powder. This works MUCH better for my dry, oily skin than my old Bare Minerals did. Plus I still have glowing (not dry) skin, without looking too oily.

The best thing to do is go to Sephora (I hope you live near one! Their customer service is ah-mazing, and is why I will drive 30 minutes to go to one instead of go across the street to the unfriendly, at least here, Ulta). They will give you generous samples of all the BB creams you want to try before you buy.

Latest posts

Back