Best BB Cream

Makeuptalk.com forums

Help Support Makeuptalk.com forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by princess2010 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The true Asian BB creams like Missha, Skin79, SkinFood, etc are different than tinted moisturizers. The US brands are pretty much just that. BB creams are supposed to protect (high spf), whiten, moisturize, prime and cover all in one. I find the MISSHA and Skin79 do that VERY well. The Garnier, not so much, though it is a nice tinted moisturizer it's not a true BB cream. With BB cream I don't have to use under eye concealer, primer, moisturizer or SPF before going out. The Skin79 I'm currently using has an SPF of 50 which is pretty much unheard of in Western foundations or bb creams.

BB creams are supposed to make your skin BETTER while wearing them unlike foundations that just sit on the skin. It's one stop makeup because it's about 5 products in one. Hope that's not too confusing!
Thank you--- no wonder they are becoming so popular... they sound amazing. Is there a particular brand that you would recommend and how does one go about figuring out what's a good color. My family is from Pakistan and so have the olive/medium skin and would want something for that. 

Originally Posted by DonnaJ /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Oh and almost all of them are good for pale, fair, even ghostly white. It can get kinda iffy for medium skin tones and darker. Missha is one of the few that has darker bb creams though, for us dark skinned women who want to try them.
Ah just answered my question 
icon_cheers.gif

Is he saying it's like a foundation with a primer all in one? Or just use as a primer and then use something else on top for foundation? Because a real BB Cream acts as a primer and foundation, as well as having sun protection, anti-aging ingredients, whitening or brightening effect (which is why they sometimes look gray), and concealer. You don't need any other products but the BB Cream if it's one of the good Korean ones.
He said he wears foundation with it, and I have been wearing foundation with it. I personally think it is a great product, even if it isn't like the asian bb creams.

Originally Posted by Playedinloops /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The stila bb cream according to the guy at my ulta is closer to a true bb cream than the other ones which are pretty much tinted moisturizers. He told me to use it as a primer, which I have been, and I find it amazing. It covers all my fine lines, and makes for a very smooth surface. Better than any other primer ever for me. I don't know if that is a "true" bb cream or not, but I'm in love with it.
I love the smell of the Stila BB cream... Do you think I could wear it under my regular tinted moisturizer?

Oh and almost all of them are good for pale, fair, even ghostly white. It can get kinda iffy for medium skin tones and darker. Missha is one of the few that has darker bb creams though, for us dark skinned women who want to try them.
oh and another question.... which type do you think is good? There are so many to choose from

Originally Posted by sihaya /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I love the smell of the Stila BB cream... Do you think I could wear it under my regular tinted moisturizer?
Definitely. I've worn it under almay smart shade foundaiton, revlon mousse photo ready foundation, my dr. jart bb cream which I find is more of a tinted moisturizer, and under a mineral foundation. It worked really well with all of them!

I was puttering around on the skin79 website looking for a formulation that would work for my skin type, and I have settled on the intense classic or super plus perfection. Unfortunately there's no samples of these ones and it looks like it only comes in one color. For those who have used them before, how does this work? (I'm NC15 in MAC for reference).

Unlike foundations most BB creams blend into your skin really well so even if it isn't the perfect color it still looks good. I wear MISSHA 21 or 23. Both blend nicely. Some only come in one color which can be scary because they look like they will be way to light but you blend it in then it oxides over a short time period then looks smooth and awesome.

MISSHA is one of the few brands that have several colors to choose from. Perfect Cover is great and Signature M is one of my favorites. They offer 5 colors definitely the biggest range of all the BB creams. They have a US website too.

Skin79 and many bb creams only comes in 1 shade (fair) which will oxides to a darker shade (medium, at a stretch) but it is not made for tanned or darker complexions. American 'BB cream' will come in darker shades but only work as tinted moisturizers.

Originally Posted by divadoll /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Skin79 and many bb creams only comes in 1 shade (fair) which will oxides to a darker shade (medium, at a stretch) but it is not made for tanned or darker complexions. American 'BB cream' will come in darker shades but only work as tinted moisturizers.
I'm wondering if the base shade will even be too dark though :/. I usually get whatever lightest color is offered by a brand (right now using MUFE and Hourglass), but in the winter that's even too dark. 

You'll have try that for yourself. There some very pale Asian that are striving for paler.

You'll have try that for yourself. There some very pale Asian that are striving for paler.
Right, plus it says that it's "whitening." I think I'm going to order the cheaper ($18/42g) when it is back in stock and give it a shot.

I have tried quite a few bb creams my favorites are Skin 79, Skin Food, Lioele and the new one I just got, The Face Shop Honey BB Cream. It has collagen and honey and is good in moisturizing and keeping the skin soft and firm. It also dries matte so no white or grey cast! I love it a lot. One down side though is it's only available in one shade which will only suite light to fair skin. I posted a review and some swatches on my blog if anyone is interested. 

Originally Posted by dazzler /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I have tried quite a few bb creams my favorites are Skin 79, Skin Food, Lioele and the new one I just got, The Face Shop Honey BB Cream. It has collagen and honey and is good in moisturizing and keeping the skin soft and firm. It also dries matte so no white or grey cast! I love it a lot. One down side though is it's only available in one shade which will only suite light to fair skin. I posted a review and some swatches on my blog if anyone is interested. 
I'll check out your blog! I adore BB creams and read review after review. I want to try them all!

OP you may like Garnier for what it does, but please don't judge all BB creams by it since it's not a true BB cream. It is a good tinted moisturizer.

I love BRTC's Blemish Recover Balm!! It's designed for oily and acne prone skin types and has pretty good staying power. The only downsides are that it's pricier than the average Asian BB cream and it has a very thick consistency that can be hard to apply. I used to use Missha's Perfect Cover but that made my face shiny and rubs off if I touch my face.

Try the no 7 Beautiful skin cream. It adds adds instant radiance, moisture and a subtle base for your makeup.

I picked up two to try when I was in Taipei recently.  I got L'Egere White Multi BB Cream (Korean) and Nature & Co. Cotton Veil Mineral BB Cream (Japanese).  Even just between the two I can say that they are fairly different from each other.  The L'Egere is much thicker & feels good but has less coverage, and the Nature & Co is much more blatantly pigmented and a little goes quite a long way--it's easy to overdo it.  While I like them both, I'm still quite up for comparison and would love some sort of sample packs so I can test a few more without investing in a full tube.  Any suggestions on where to purchase sample packs?  I actually saw one at a Seven Eleven in Taipei and I have no idea why I didn't pick it up.

One thing about both of these is that they even everything out so well that your face almost appears flat and you really need to go back in and add blush, highlight, and/or contour.  I guess that's a good sign you're getting some nice coverage!

Originally Posted by mermuse /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I picked up two to try when I was in Taipei recently.  I got L'Egere White Multi BB Cream (Korean) and Nature & Co. Cotton Veil Mineral BB Cream (Japanese).  Even just between the two I can say that they are fairly different from each other.  The L'Egere is much thicker & feels good but has less coverage, and the Nature & Co is much more blatantly pigmented and a little goes quite a long way--it's easy to overdo it.  While I like them both, I'm still quite up for comparison and would love some sort of sample packs so I can test a few more without investing in a full tube.  Any suggestions on where to purchase sample packs?  I actually saw one at a Seven Eleven in Taipei and I have no idea why I didn't pick it up.

One thing about both of these is that they even everything out so well that your face almost appears flat and you really need to go back in and add blush, highlight, and/or contour.  I guess that's a good sign you're getting some nice coverage!
I tried Skin 79 samples off their website it was I believe.. They were 2 for 1$ and I really love the hot pink one. A little goes a long way with that too! But it took nearly a month to get to my house

Back